Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
GibsonGirl

What are you playing right now?

So... please share what you are currently playing (or trying to play :P )

I'll start:

On guitar, Joe Satriani - Always With Me, Always With You

Edited by GibsonGirl

learning a few oldies, like me...

Under the Boardwalk

White Rabbit

Nights in White Satin

El Paso (old Marty Robbins tune)

So... please share what you are currently playing (or trying to play :P )

I'll start:

On guitar, Joe Satriani - Always With Me, Always With You

I remember trying to learn that tune its a nice piece but I never really subscribed to the fretboard tapping school so I had a hard time with it. I resorted to buying the "Surfing With The Alien" book and sort of got down but never really mastered the song ........ lol.

Right now I am in the process of figuring out some Skynyrd tunes like Call Me the Breeze & Tuesdays Gone, I've gone Old School so to speak back to my roots.

RjK

Yeah, I'm having a hard time with some of it. I get stuck at the solo every time, and I haven't done any tapping parts either. SO really I'm only playing half of it :P . But playing half a Satriani song is an achievement for me :rolleyes:

I learnt White Summer ages and ages ago. I am going through a Bert Jansch phase at the moment so all of those old folky DADGAD tuned songs are ringing from my bedroom quite often. White Summer being one of them. :thumbsup:

Working my through Albinezop 47 Leyenda, far too long in the tooth for this electric stuff now.

This is how it should sound, have cracked first 50 bars (i.e 50 seconds!!!) but its a long slow process.

.......and two thirds of the way through this

Bream

Edited by Northern Monkey

well just few minutes ago i was playing 'the ocean' ... i learned it yesterday and it's stuck with me for a few days, gonna play it over and over again...

Hmmmm....

I've been playin for about a year and a half, and I'm learning...

Over the Hills and Far Away - Led Zeppelin

All Along the Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix (learnin it after Over the Hills)

I'm gonna try and learn Jordan by Buckethead, but I don't know if I can shred like that yet =)

I got a new Phaser (MXR EVH)! so I'm playing Nobody's Fault but Mine on the script setting.

NICE!

Was just playing Kashmir, then changed the tuning AGAIN and played Brown Sugar. Keep changing the tuning, cant believe these strings havent broken yet. going from standard (EADGBE0 to open G or drop D as they call it (DGDGBD) and for Kashmir (DADGAD). Im thinking about playing In my Time of Dying on slide but am too damn lazy to change the tuning again. That one is (EAEAC#E) thank Leddy for this tuning. I played it in a differant key for years. Later

How long have you been playing the sitar?

Well I am not at home this weekend, so no guitar but the last thing I did on Thur was jam along to a blues/jazz backing track and improvised. Yhen did Eruption by Van Halen, although I do not have a whammy bar I just kinda blag the whammy bits by string scrapes,bending behind the nut and some artificial harmonics/pinched harmonics :blink:

Yeah, I'm having a hard time with some of it. I get stuck at the solo every time, and I haven't done any tapping parts either. SO really I'm only playing half of it :P . But playing half a Satriani song is an achievement for me :rolleyes:

I am going to learn this song, I have just in the last 2 weeks learnt the intro chords to it, thats all but I think that tapping sequence you say about is all on the B string like Eruption, and seems alot slower so should be a little easier !! I would stick at tapping as for years I couldn't do it then onetime it just clicked and really once you master it, you find its actually an easier option to use most times thatn the so called standard way of playing it, don't get me wrong I am no Vai but I do use it in my playing to get a a smoother sound(legato) every now and then :)

Edited by leddy

I'm trying out a couple of songs in a lower key (having been inspired by Zeppelin's reunion concert). Hey Joe sounds.... alright. Behind Blue Eyes sounds unrecognizable. Black Dog just sounds masterful.

Had little go at The Rain Song, wierd tuning :)

I think i'll have a go at learning Bron-Yr-Aur, any opinions?

Its a lovely little tune to play !! I am not really an acoustic player ( well could say that about the electric too :D ) but thats one I did learn and very nice too !! Go for it !!

Edited by leddy

I've been playing classical guitar for about 3 years now and I have about a dozen songs that I can get through fairly well. Right now I'm working on 'The Humming Song' by Schumann. It's supposed to be 'easy' but it has some tricky fingering.

B)

I play Bron-Y-Aur Stomp in DGDGAD, thats what Jimmy uses to play it live....although I think on the record he uses an entirely different tuning. It is way better live and a great tune to learn. We play it live all the time as part of our set...good one for the audience to clap to.

I'm trying to learn acoustic guitar. Learning the fingering and movements isn't especially hard, but I'm having trouble picking up reading music. Anyone have advice on a good learn-to-read music book or technique?

Im trying to recreate the keyboad part in No quarter on bass. I saw someone on youtube do it on a bass. I figure an autowah is cheaper the a keyboard setup.

I've been messin around with no quater my self on guitar that is. ITs groovy!

Edited by zepsteve

Im trying to recreate the keyboad part in No quarter on bass. I saw someone on youtube do it on a bass. I figure an autowah is cheaper the a keyboard setup.

When I saw Whole lotta Led the bass player did the keyboard riff on the bass !!!

Speaking of No Quarter, I'm a vocalist/keyboardist/songwriter in Tucson, AZ who worships the Zeppelin and gets by with an Alesis QS 8.1. Saw the Korg Oasys JPJ played at the Q2 and would give my left nut to talk shop with him for an hour, see how he crafts his samples. If the band actually comes together again and tours, I can't wait to see what Jonesy'll be playing!

I'm trying to reconfigure Radiohead's 'Talk Show Host' and 'Go To Sleep' into solo numbers, and it's rough... I just don't have the electriconic doo-dads to pull off those lead lines like Jonny and Ed do, and I don't think the songs are half as cool without them.

Edited by Muse