Most Under-rated Zep Track

Nobody`s Fault But Hers

I`m talking here about songs that never made the Mothership or Remasters collection. Songs that you think should be on any "Best of" album and why. I`ll throw a few names in the hat.....

Bring It on Home - probably the fattest, meatiest guitar riff I`ve ever heard and every time I play it I just have to turn the volume up a little bit more.

Four Sticks - easily, the finest rhythm section in rock performing what no other rhythm section has dared to pull off since. Awesome beat, rocking electric guitar riff supplemented beautifully by the accoustic interludes, and some of the most powerful vocals ever put to vinyl.

The Rover - played this to a few uneducated younger mates recently. After a few seconds, every one of them was either tapping their feet, bopping their heads, or air-drumming the beat above the poker table with their hands. Spoke volumes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dont even know how people can choose "greatest hits" from them there isnt a bad song they ever wrote no matter what anybody says. it jsut amazes me that when i look on the back of a greatest hits album of theres every song isnt on it they are just amaizng at anything....the onle song i could maybe see not being on a greatest is "Hats off to (roy) harper" it is very weird but other than that they are all greatest hits

bring it on home, gallows pole, when the levee breaks, and i personally really like the lemon song. and i cant quit you baby.

in my time of dying is at the top of my list. but apparently not so underrated since we fans seem to acknowledge its greatness so much on this thread.

but how do you pick its all so damn sexy

Just a few of my favorites

Hey Hey What Can I Do - love the story, great sound (things don't always go the way you want).

Hots On For Nowhere - just a great tune

Royal Orleans - Mardi Gras? What can I say. For me this jam is KICK'n

Traveling Riverside Blues - love blues'n when I'm cruis'n

The Crunge - got to love it. A tribute to the god father of soul

Thank You - beautiful ballad

"Night Flight" is a great song that's under-rated. I remember when Physical Graffiti first came out, it was one of the first tracks I heard on the radio. It's got organ going all through the song, and Plant sings his ass off all through it, too.

The Rover is their most underrated song ever IMO. One of their best and heaviest songs ever. Never played in concert, never present on a "Best of" compilation. Never mentioned in interviews. Never released as a single. Never (well, almost) played on the radio. First written as an acoustic piece in 1970, but never released. Then recorded as an electric track in 1972 but not included in the studio album for which it had been recorded (Houses of the Holy). Only released in 1975 on PG.

No idea why they never performed it live (apart from the one famous soundcheck).

During the 1977 tour, they played the first 45 seconds of the song, then they segued into "Sick Again".

During the 1977 tour, they played the first 45 seconds of the song, then they segued into "Sick Again".

About 1.30 to 2 minutes (without vocals) played live during the WLL medley in Sydney 1972.

Living loving made. I think it's an awesome song, but it's too short.

Others: In my time of dying and Night Flight.

There are lots of good Zepp songs which are under-rated, but those mentioned above are really great, I think.

• 3 weeks later...

In The Light, hands down...I don't know how it never makes the compilations, surely there was room for it given the disc lengths on some of them...it's a beauty though :)

Honourable mention to Carouselambra...the birth of 80s rock perhaps?

Battle Of Evermore. It's not everybody cup of tea. but Musically everthing matches everthing else. I think its Roberts Best Lyrics, and how Sandy and Robert plays off of each other in which they both play off Jonseys and and Jimmy Rhythm is amazing.

Oh yeah! That's true! I think that the Battle Of Evermore is a under-rated son in Led Zeppelin IV too... She's so good like STH, BD, RR, and all the tracks for me...

What about Candy Store Rock off of Presence? Definitely an Elvis Presley-inspired song that's "allright, it's..all right. Oooooooh, yeah!"

Absolutely...it took me years to get into Presence but it's one of my favorites now...Candy Store Rock is one of those songs that could fit on any Zep album

Archived