Plant/Krauss April 25

Dzldoc

Thank you for the update! OMG, Robert Plant will be appearing at the same venue as the

JAZZ FEST ANNOUNCES 2008 MUSIC LINEUP

FOR FULL SEVEN-DAY FESTIVAL: APRIL 25 - 27 & MAY 1 – 4

The Neville Brothers, Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffett, Tim McGraw, Santana,

Maze feat. Frankie Beverly, Sheryl Crow, Widespread Panic, Dr. John, Al Green, Diana Krall,

Keyshia Cole, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, The Raconteurs, Irma Thomas

And Thousands More Scheduled to Appear

New Orleans, LA (January 24, 2008)—The return of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival presented by Shell, one of America’s most celebrated celebrations, to its first full seven days of programming since 2005 has inspired Festival organizers to assemble the deepest overall mix of rhythm & blues, rock, jazz, country, blues, gospel, world beat, and more in the 39-year history of the event.

The Neville Brothers, Stevie Wonder, Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffett, Tim McGraw, Santana, Maze feat. Frankie Beverly, Sheryl Crow, Widespread Panic, Dr. John, Al Green, Diana Krall, Keyshia Cole, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, The Raconteurs, Irma Thomas, Steel Pulse, John Prine, Elvis Costello and Allen Toussaint, Randy Newman, Bobby McFerrin and Chick Corea, O.A.R., Galactic, The Roots, Dianne Reeves, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Burning Spear, Ozomatli with Chali 2na, Rebirth Brass Band, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Tower of Power, Delbert McClinton, John Hammond, Cassandra Wilson, Keb’ Mo’, The Count Basie Orchestra feat. Patti Austin, Pete Fountain, The Derek Trucks Band, Richard Thompson, Bela Fleck and Abigail Washburn, The Radiators, James Cotton, Cupid, The John Butler Trio, Del McCoury, Vernel Bagneris: Jelly Roll & Me, Terence Blanchard with the Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra, Buckwheat Zydeco, John P. Kee & the New Life Community Choir, Cowboy Mouth, Byron Cage with Kim Burrell, Bishop Paul S. Morton, Sr. and the Greater St. Stephen Choir, Trinitee 5:7, Lizz Wright, Voices of the Wetlands Allstars, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, The Bad Plus, Carolina Chocolate Drops, Bettye LaVette, Trombone Shorty & Orleans Ave., http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwBdU1kSfOM, Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Davell Crawford’s N.O. R & B Orchestra, Henry Butler, Beausoleil avec Michael Doucet, Leo Nocentelli’s “Rare Gathering," Lee Boys, Harlem Blues and Jazz Band, MOOV of Martinique, Jackson Southernaires, Big Jay McNeely, Paul Porter of the Legendary Christianaires, Nicholas Payton and thousands more are scheduled to appear at this year’s celebration, set for April 25 – 27 and May 1 - 4.

JAZZ FEST ANNOUNCES 2008 MUSIC LINEUP FOR FULL SEVEN-DAY FESTIVAL: APRIL 25 - 27 & MAY 1 – 4

This is going to be one of the biggest jazz fests yet. Advanced tix are on sale now and there is no way anyone could complain with a line up like this. From just about every genre,era,decade etc...

jazzfess.jpg

food4.jpg

jazzflags.jpg

gals6.jpg

Lineup sounds so swell, even if some I do not consider Jazz. :thumbsup::cheer:

I just can't handle festivals anymore. Just too many people for me.

I'd wind up being a nervous wreck trying desperately to get in front for all the different stages.

MAYBE.....if I could find some 8 inch platform shoes I could do it.

These things reallllly suck for us short people. :(

Tickets for the opening night April 20th Louisville show sold out in 28 minutes. only 2700 seats were available for this show. fortunately i was one of the lucky few to get tickets. I do wonder what older Zep tunes RP will be doing at these shows.

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//style_emoti...ult/biggrin.gif

Lineup sounds so swell, even if some I do not consider Jazz. :thumbsup::cheer:

I just can't handle festivals anymore. Just too many people for me.

I'd wind up being a nervous wreck trying desperately to get in front for all the different stages.

MAYBE.....if I could find some 8 inch platform shoes I could do it.

These things reallllly suck for us short people. :(

You can sit on my shoulders :D

Seriously though they have limited number of VIP packages available for each weekend 3 days the first weekend and 4 days for the second.

Tickets for the opening night April 20th Louisville show sold out in 28 minutes. only 2700 seats were available for this show. fortunately i was one of the lucky few to get tickets. I do wonder what older Zep tunes RP will be doing at these shows.

I know, I live in Memphis and this is the closest they are coming and I couldn't get tickets. I can't believe they are not going to Nashville! :(

I know, I live in Memphis and this is the closest they are coming and I couldn't get tickets. I can't believe they are not going to Nashville! :(

I absolutely suspect they'll do Nashville. It's her home base. Don't forget they've just announced some dates prior to the European leg of the tour. They're planning to come back to the US in June/July. My guess would be they'll end there :D

I really hope I get to go to see them in a theatre like this(so much better than an arena).... I looked at their website and wow, it looks gorgeous.

As far as if Alison's boyfriend is there... hmmm... maybe I don't care if he's there... but heck, I wouldn't mind knowing who her boyfriend is.....especially if that means it's not Robert Plant.... hehe. :D

Why? Who cares? Not really our concern is it.

Exactly. I didn't even know she has a boyfriend, Robert maybe? (haha just joking). She is very private with her personal life too although she has an 8 yr old son from a previous marriage. Wow, listen at me, sounds like I just gave too much info, LOL!!!!!

Anyways back to the show itself, wish I could go. Man, what a lineup!!!!!

I absolutely suspect they'll do Nashville. It's her home base. Don't forget they've just announced some dates prior to the European leg of the tour. They're planning to come back to the US in June/July. My guess would be they'll end there :D

Man, I hope so! I'm just not into festivals anymore so even IF they play Bonnaroo, I'll pass.

Archived