Stairway bashers

The Bomber

Why do some people hate STH?It's great,my fav of all time,and you have to admit,it's one of their best,it's a great solo (Don't dispute this) well written,and beautiful,what more do you want?It's one of their many great songs,you've got to appreciate the success that an 8-minute song that was never a single,no other song has ever achieved that,don't bash ANY zep song,you can have a least favourite,but don't hate.

The truth and circumstance of the song "Stairway to Heaven " are much more complex then it just being a song. Yes,the song itself from the start Robert said was a song about hope.If you exit the forum & go to the photos & archive page on this website--you will find the first time performed March 5,1971 at Ulster hall there is a coment from a person who attended.It has had an annual air play in many parts of the world for good reason.IF you go to other threads about this song there has been more revelation.And still there is yet more to come.I wil say this song has kept a bond of connectiveness which has spanned 4 decades , in away only a Mothers Love could.I would also say it was a bit of a "Taj Mahal" to the mans literal other half ,to which I am sure she is grateful for.YES, he himself said many many different things about it over the years ,but as Hope springs eternal ,all is well that ends well.

Why do some people hate STH?It's great,my fav of all time,and you have to admit,it's one of their best,it's a great solo (Don't dispute this) well written,and beautiful,what more do you want?It's one of their many great songs,you've got to appreciate the success that an 8-minute song that was never a single,no other song has ever achieved that,don't bash ANY zep song,you can have a least favourite,but don't hate.

Excuse me? Are these some new forum guidelines that slipped past me?

I don't think you're allowed to say this, 59. :unsure: Don't want you getting banned and getting in an even worse mood. :blink:

:lol::lol:

The following is not directed at you Aqua....

I never gave a fuck about what I'm allowed to say anywhere,much less here;and if I'm gonna get banned over something as petty and stupid as saying something bad about the holiest of holies,the greatest song ever.... :rolleyes: , the board ain't worth it.

P.S. I'm not in a bad mood anymore.....

I don't mind people not liking it,i don't mind people hating it,but i have Two huge problems

1.I feel some people just hate it to be cool,and that's stupid

2.It was the first Zep song i ever heard,and i'm very attached to it

I hope this makes it more clear,you have your own opinion,but it still is my favourite song ever,some say "Predictable" and that it's just the same song,well,i'm pretty sure that's how recording works,and the solo is varied when it's played live,i love it,i just wish people would at least respect it (Like i respect Rob Plant for not being too fond of it)

I don't mind people not liking it,i don't mind people hating it,but i have Two huge problems

1.I feel some people just hate it to be cool,and that's stupid

2.It was the first Zep song i ever heard,and i'm very attached to it

I hope this makes it more clear,you have your own opinion,but it still is my favourite song ever,some say "Predictable" and that it's just the same song,well,i'm pretty sure that's how recording works,and the solo is varied when it's played live,i love it,i just wish people would at least respect it (Like i respect Rob Plant for not being too fond of it)

Understandable you're attached to the song. It's a beautiful song but those that don't like it, their feelings aren't anything you should take personally. Music is subjective. Those that don't, well it's hard to determine if they're just hating it to "be cool" or they really don't like the song.

To be honest I used tio dislike this song very much, but after practically forcing myself to give a better-in depth listen I found it to be very beautiful.

Though it's not my favorite…till this day, I do think the over emphasis on it has done that.

I think my first comment on Led Zeppelin back at high school was- "oh yeah that's the band with the never ending yawn-song".

Boy, have things changed.

Just like all things it has it's right full place and even if I don't love it to death I acknowledge what it stands for and what it's done.

I'll just quote Robert on this one: "it's not that I don't like it…it's just that I've heard it before".

And you are entitled to your misery,(even so all those that enjoy the song ) don`t Have to be in your company...

What? I don't think he's miserable because he hates Stairway To Heaven and who said anything about not wanting to be in his company? I'd eat at his dinner table any day, he seems like a kick-ass dude.

These public forums are great to allow all indiviuals the oppertunity to express;and I myself am a person who thrives on diversity. Robert Plant has over the years made many different types of coments(different reasons at different times) on the song he penned.Having said that,in all reality,most current truth would be to watch his latest live performance of it ,02,Dec.10,2007.

I hate the fucking song.

Deal with it.

And you are entitled to your misery,(even so all those that enjoy the song ) don`t Have to be in your company...

What? I don't think he's miserable because he hates Stairway To Heaven and who said anything about not wanting to be in his company? I'd eat at his dinner table any day, he seems like a kick-ass dude.

I am. B)

Thank you Electrophile;that was very kind of you. :D

I'm not miserable;never was,I just don't like the song,I never did.I don't understand why that's such a fuckin' big thing to comprehend.

I don't begrudge people who like;or even love it,so why am I being begrudged for hating one fucking song ?

Believe me;it isn't difficult at all.

But;as I said earlier,I respect your opinion.

I figure that as this thread is posted in the newbies forum it's a song still fresh to young ears. I however am 46 and could care less if I never heard the damn thing ever again. A pox upon Stairway!

No problem with other people liking it though, music is completely subjective.

Children whats all this hate buisness ?? ok some might not like a song or whatever, but hate thats deep man :blink: I mean if someone hates a song what are they like with people, all that venom !! I f*cking hate them type of people :rolleyes::unsure:

Archived