Stairway bashers

The Bomber

Hmm, I love STH, but none-the-less have to be in the right mood to listen to it. I think, it truly is a great song, amazing, but it does get overrated sometimes, umm, actually, more....put on such a high pedestal, or overplayed? I guess that's when it gets irritating to the people who do dislike it. I think. Gah, I'm digging a hole, haha. :rolleyes::lol:

Hmm, I love STH, but none-the-less have to be in the right mood to listen to it. I think, it truly is a great song, amazing, but it does get overrated sometimes, umm, actually, more....put on such a high pedestal, or overplayed? I guess that's when it gets irritating to the people who do dislike it. I think. Gah, I'm digging a hole, haha. :rolleyes::lol:

Gah, you may be right, lol! I can't speak for Aussie radio, but while it was played endlessly in the 70s and 80s (usually when there was a listener vote, and who's fault would that be??), it's rarely heard on radio today (maybe three or four times a year here in LA, if that). Hell, I've heard the song maybe twice in the last twelve months. To be honest, I find the endless whingeing on about the song is more the source of the distaste than the song itself! I mean, how many times in a bloody week can one hear it if they're not playing it themselves? I don't know what radio stations certain folk listen to that they're burned out on the song. It's like there's a bleedin Stairway channel augering into people's heads somewhere. Overrated. Underrated. Who's doing the fucking rating and why do they matter? One either likes a tune or one doesn't. Plain and simple. I hardly think Stairway is being rammed down anyone's throats. Although the subject of Stairway might well be. Leave the bloody tune alone. Enjoy it or choose not to, but why stigmatize it? Because it's been played a bunch? Well, why would that be then? Because people requested it! Over and over. Don't blame the song if it got caught in your throat. It's just a song. It doesn't have a mind of its own.

Well the lads did have the lyrics printed on the 4th album inside sleeve so I guess they new they had written a gem :) . Its the last song I could get into when I first got into Zep, but over the years I grew to like it, although I rarely listen to it now, but if it comes on the radio i stop and listen to that opening twinkle thru the speakers and when the solo comes on it still makes me realise what a perfect solo it was for that song !! But its not in my top 3 Zep songs, I refuse to make it number one just because the rest of the world does, it isn't although it is special !!

Hey Tea For One is great and in its own way is as valid as STH for Zep fans. I think outside of the Zep diehard TFO would not be known as much as STH, thus its the one with WLL that the casual lover knows !!

Gah, you may be right, lol! I can't speak for Aussie radio, but while it was played endlessly in the 70s and 80s (usually when there was a listener vote, and who's fault would that be??), it's rarely heard on radio today (maybe three or four times a year here in LA, if that). Hell, I've heard the song maybe twice in the last twelve months. To be honest, I find the endless whingeing on about the song is more the source of the distaste than the song itself! I mean, how many times in a bloody week can one hear it if they're not playing it themselves? I don't know what radio stations certain folk listen to that they're burned out on the song. It's like there's a bleedin Stairway channel augering into people's heads somewhere. Overrated. Underrated. Who's doing the fucking rating and why do they matter? One either likes a tune or one doesn't. Plain and simple. I hardly think Stairway is being rammed down anyone's throats. Although the subject of Stairway might well be. Leave the bloody tune alone. Enjoy it or choose not to, but why stigmatize it? Because it's been played a bunch? Well, why would that be then? Because people requested it! Over and over. Don't blame the song if it got caught in your throat. It's just a song. It doesn't have a mind of its own.

As usual, Ev has said it best! But i cant help wonder to you STH bashers, does your fast forward button not work, does your car stereo have only one radio station, do you look for songs that you hate, then crank it up and bitch about how much they suck! Ya know sometimes life is hard and sometimes life is only as hard as you make it!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Archived