Guilty Pleasures

Bilbo the Rover

What Can I say....David Allen Coe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBqZs7oGPZQ

There's really only one David Allen Coe song for me.

Oddly enough, my dad introduced me to it when it came out back around '74.

I was about 13 or 14 and it came on the radio while we were riding in the car (WHOO Country in Orlando) and he turned it up, telling me to listen to the words and how funny it was.

I can remember back in the early 90s before I got married being in clubs playing dance music, and inevitably, sometime after midnight when everyone was pretty lit, they would play this song and EVERYONE - white, black, male, female - would be screaming along with the words.

It just seems to bring that out of ya.

I can't sing at all, but I always have to sing along with it erry time I hear it!

There's really only one David Allen Coe song for me.

Oddly enough, my dad introduced me to it when it came out back around '74.

I was about 13 or 14 and it came on the radio while we were riding in the car (WHOO Country in Orlando) and he turned it up, telling me to listen to the words and how funny it was.

I can remember back in the early 90s before I got married being in clubs playing dance music, and inevitably, sometime after midnight when everyone was pretty lit, they would play this song and EVERYONE - white, black, male, female - would be screaming along with the words.

It just seems to bring that out of ya.

I can't sing at all, but I always have to sing along with it erry time I hear it!

You either like him or you dont. He has some raunchy songs out there, but they are for the most part, hilarious. I saw him twice in the 80"s and they were both absolute fun!!

My Dad when I was young loved to listen to him as well.

It's a deep-rooted thing. I don't know why, but I think it's because I can't possibly mess up their lame-ass dance moves; possibly also because I can sing it better than them, too.

I don't know why they were so popular, they really were pretty crappy. #lol#

It's a deep-rooted thing. I don't know why, but I think it's because I can't possibly mess up their lame-ass dance moves; possibly also because I can sing it better than them, too.

I don't know why they were so popular, they really were pretty crappy. #lol#

Waterloo :bagoverhead:

SOS :bagoverhead:

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived