Guilty Pleasures

Bilbo the Rover

I don't know if this would fall into a Guilty Pleasure, but it is one of my favorite songs ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LJuAmTv3i4

Here's another version, by one of Robert Plant's favorite singers

This is such a beautiful song. Imagine Robert and Alison doing a duet of this? It could be something special.

I don't know if this would fall into a Guilty Pleasure, but it is one of my favorite songs ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LJuAmTv3i4

Here's another version, by one of Robert Plant's favorite singers

This is such a beautiful song. Imagine Robert and Alison doing a duet of this? It could be something special.

Dave, I love the version Joni Mitchell recorded a few years ago; it's very poignant with maturity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqQlfFuQFXo

Sorry if I missed a meeting on this one..why should anyone feel embarrassed about any music they like? Why feel guilty about simple enjoyment of music? Really,honestly,it's beyond my understanding.Unless...what's being discussed here is peer group,image-based stuff eg-'I like AC/DC,Purple etc, that makes me a'rocker' so the rest is out of the window because my friends will laugh at me'. This kind of self-image reinforcement nonsense is east to understand but also immensely restrictive and limiting.It seems to breed snobbery,elitism and herd-mentality attitudes that shut off so many avenues of possible pleasure and enjoyment. Rant over!

In the spirit of the question,then,here are one or two things that may have caused an eyebrow to be raised in the past..

Isn't it time? by The Babys

The Six Teens,Teenage Rampage,Lost Angels,Fox on the run-all by The Sweet

Amoreuse-Kiki Dee

More or less anything by The Pet Shop Boys

I feel love-Donna Summer

Rock me gently-Andy Kim

Rainbow Valley,Everlasting Love -Love Affair

• 11 months later...

Had to dig this thread up since I caught myself this morning.

To preface...

Anytime my daughter rides alone with me in the car, it's immediately "Dad, can we listen to MY CD?" since I usually have one of my CDs or the news on.

So, today we had to listen to her Hannah Montana CD (she's 9), and her favorite song on the CD (and of course now mine as well) is If We Were A Movie.

It's got a nice chunky rhythm and it just has such a happy feel.

Ditto my second, similar, category entry: The Zoey 101 theme song by Jamie Lynn Spears.

Also has a nice chunky feel with a little guitar work.

And because I have a slightly OCD nature about some things, I'm listening to just those 2 songs this morning.

I have to use earbuds because others around me aren't as tolerant of ANY songs repeated ad infinitum.

When I get something in my head like that, I can listen to it repeatedly literally all day.

Last time I did it was with 3 Beatles songs I was feeling.

And once I did it (no lie) with a 30 second clip of a guitar solo from an old live Rick Derringer song.

I feel so much better now that I've gotten that off my chest. lulz.

Sorry if I missed a meeting on this one..why should anyone feel embarrassed about any music they like? Why feel guilty about simple enjoyment of music? Really,honestly,it's beyond my understanding.Unless...what's being discussed here is peer group,image-based stuff eg-'I like AC/DC,Purple etc, that makes me a'rocker' so the rest is out of the window because my friends will laugh at me'. This kind of self-image reinforcement nonsense is east to understand but also immensely restrictive and limiting.It seems to breed snobbery,elitism and herd-mentality attitudes that shut off so many avenues of possible pleasure and enjoyment. Rant over!

In the spirit of the question,then,here are one or two things that may have caused an eyebrow to be raised in the past..

Isn't it time? by The Babys

The Six Teens,Teenage Rampage,Lost Angels,Fox on the run-all by The Sweet

Amoreuse-Kiki Dee

More or less anything by The Pet Shop Boys

I feel love-Donna Summer

Rock me gently-Andy Kim

Rainbow Valley,Everlasting Love -Love Affair

I LOVE The Babies (Babys?)!

Every Time I Think Of You is one of my favorite songs ever.

I love Rihanna. She has done some great songs. One of the few artists of the last 10 years that I've really, really liked.

I don't really have a problem with her, she's just not my style. That's why I'm surprised that I like that particular song so much, because I don't really care for her other stuff.

I LOVE The Babies (Babys?)!

Every Time I Think Of You is one of my favorite songs ever.

Love this bands early stuff

Earth Wind & Fire; Singasong http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWdeCRchcHQ

You Should Be Dancing - The Bee Gees

I love all of these songs!! :yesnod:

My biggest guilty pleasure is disco music.

Had to include my favorite dance scene... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBKPAZlo-OQ&feature=related

That, and Last Dance (Donna Summer), are my favorite disco songs :)

There's a lot of Bee Gees songs that I love: Nights on Broadway, Too Much Heaven, More Than a Woman, Tragedy, How Deep Is Your Love.....they did some great songs.

I don't care if they are disco. :)

Archived