I Can't Go For That #1

Did it in a Minute #9

Maneater #1

One on One #7

Family Man #8

Say It Isn't So #2

Out of Touch #1

Method of Modern Love #2

Six number ones, eight more singles in the top ten, how are these guys not freaking huge on the concert circuit?

Now I remember why . . . . everyone thinks they're cheesy but me. :ph34r:

DUDE ! I've seen H & O 's TWICE ! :lol: put on "Sara Smile" and "She's Gone" and I'm in cheesy lip synching heaven ! " I Can't Go For That" reminds me of getting into MAJOR trouble when I was in high school...it was the last song I heard before the cops arrived.....I'll leave it there... :lol:

I hope I don't ended up getting kicked off a Led Zeppelin board for admitting this but, when we're on a road trip, much to my husband's chagrin, I deliberately look for the local "Golden Oldies" or "Good Time Rock and Roll" radio station. I like to sing along with what I call "American Bandstand" music. My favorite guilty pleasures are the 60's girl group songs: - The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow?, - The Chiffons - One Fine Day, He's So Fine, etc. :bagoverhead:
No way ! you know Zep probably dug all those songs ! I recently read an article about Bonzo playing and in it they mention John playing the hell out of " Rumors" by Fleetwood Mac and SuperTramp (I LOVE SUPERTRAMP ! ) he was a big R & B guy as well.

I've probably only heard seven REO Speedwagon songs. I don't like most of them, but the two that I love are 'Like You Do' and 'Roll With the Changes'. What amazing songs! :thumbsup:
"Roll With the Changes" kicks major ass. I saw REO and Styx on the same bill back in High School....I don't remember a damn thing about it and the only reason I know I saw them was because I remember driving to the gig and that I had a t-shirt that says I was there.... :D everything else is a haze........

No way ! you know Zep probably dug all those songs ! I recently read an article about Bonzo playing and in it they mention John playing the hell out of " Rumors" by Fleetwood Mac and SuperTramp (I LOVE SUPERTRAMP ! ) he was a big R & B guy as well.

Thanks! You know you're right - the Zep guys would have been teens when those songs were popular. Aw, that's cute about Bonzo playing the hell out of "Rumors" and SuperTramp - I'd love to hear that. :)

Thanks! You know you're right - the Zep guys would have been teens when those songs were popular. Aw, that's cute about Bonzo playing the hell out of "Rumors" and SuperTramp - I'd love to hear that. :)
I got the link to the article here on the board, It's a big one that was featured in "Traps" magazine I think....I'll try to find the link for you.

David Cassidy's "I Think I Love You."

No, I'm not kidding.... :P

This thread is really bringing out some skeletons from my cupboard...I want to also confess my love for David Cassidy's How Can I Be Sure :bagoverhead:

Katrina & The Waves - Walking On Sunshine

Kaiser Chiefs - Ruby

Human League - Don't You Want Me

Eagles - Lyin' Eyes

Don McLean - American Pie

.. and many more!

I guess I'm just a frustrated singer. That's probably because I can't sing! :wacko:

Some songs that are sure to get me lip synching into a hair brush are ""Reminiscing", "Lady", "Lonesome Loser"and "Cool Change" by the Little River Band, but the all time winner in that catagory is " Please Come to Boston" by Dave Loggins....

:D I loved Little River band :bagoverhead:

Oh there are so many guilty pleasures I could list but at the risk of my mates disassociating themselves with me, i'll stick to just a couple:

The Monkees without a doubt

Andy Gibb (sigh)

Michael Martin Murphy's Wildfire - makes me :'( every time.

Oh there are so many guilty pleasures I could list but at the risk of my mates disassociating themselves with me, i'll stick to just a couple:

Andy Gibb (sigh)

Oh man ! "Wildfire" ! Another guilty pleasure of mine ! I guess all of us that grew up in the 70's have a soft spot for that song, What about "Sad Eyes" by Robert John ? :D

Hall & Oates were a hit machine!

She's Gone #7

Now I remember why . . . . everyone thinks they're cheesy but me. :ph34r:

I love that one too! My dad has a tape of my brother and I as kids and that song is playing in the back. Brings back wonderful memories. And I'd like to add Sexyback by Justin Timberlake. I never liked his songs before, or since. I always think it's a girl singing on the radio when he's on. Oh and Take My Breath Away by Berlin! I used to bug the hell out of my best friend playing it over and over :lol: ! I'm sure I can think of more....

Andy Gibb (sigh)

Oh man ! "Wildfire" ! Another guilty pleasure of mine ! I guess all of us that grew up in the 70's have a soft spot for that song, What about "Sad Eyes" by Robert John ? :D

Oh, "Wildfire"! Why?! Why did the horse break down his stall during a blizzard?! Didn't he know that the lady would run after him and perish! And the poor songwriter! Haunted by the lady's ghost! Oh, the humanity! :'(

How about "Please Come to Boston" by Dave Loggins? :'(

Or "Ode to Billy Joe"?

Or "Billy, Don't be a Hero"?

Or "Playground in my Mind"?

Sappy 70s tunes rule. B)

Oh, "Wildfire"! Why?! Why did the horse break down his stall during a blizzard?! Didn't he know that the lady would run after him and perish! And the poor songwriter! Haunted by the lady's ghost! Oh, the humanity! :'(

How about "Please Come to Boston" by Dave Loggins? :'(

Or "Ode to Billy Joe"?

Or "Billy, Don't be a Hero"?

Or "Playground in my Mind"?

Sappy 70s tunes rule. B)

Go back a page ! I mentioned that one ! I love " Billy Don't be a Hero" I still sing it and change the words around , for example " Jooohhnnnyyy....don't be a jjjaacckkkaaassss " :lol:

Go back a page ! I mentioned that one ! I love " Billy Don't be a Hero" I still sing it and change the words around , for example " Jooohhnnnyyy....don't be a jjjaacckkkaaassss " :lol:

:oops: I'm so sorry Bilbo! I was freeforming and it just came to me. Still, it's sad enough for two mentions, right? :D

Archived