Guilty Pleasures

Bilbo the Rover

Good thread !! This has opened up a can of worms but on the pop front there are some guilty pleasures, this one sprang to my mind when i read the topic !!!

Buggles ...Video Killed the Radio Star, I have to say when the members of Buggles joined Yes soon after for one album I really liked that Yes Album without Jon Anderson called Drama, so that another guilty pleasure as being a huge Yes fan i shouldn't like this album without Jon...but I do and Tempus Fugit is the pick of the lot for me !!

Video killed the radio star

Tempus Fugit

There really are a bunch....but the one that always come to mind is....

Living La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin

:D

and

Depeche Mode - Policy of Truth

Kajagoogoo - Too Shy

Thompson Twins - Love on your side

Soft Cell - Tainted Love

KC and the Sunshine Band - Shake your booty

on and on....

There really are a bunch....but the one that always come to mind is....

Living La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin

and

Depeche Mode - Policy of Truth

Kajagoogoo - Too Shy

Thompson Twins - Love on your side

Soft Cell - Tainted Love

KC and the Sunshine Band - Shake your booty

on and on....

Oh god yes you have remeinded me, Kajagoogoo after limahl left were a half decent band I actually bought the 12 inch of Big Apple which lurks in the depths of my garage or loft !! :blink::rolleyes:

Oh god yes you have remeinded me, Kajagoogoo after limahl left were a half decent band I actually bought the 12 inch of Big Apple which lurks in the depths of my garage or loft !! :blink::rolleyes:

I'm NOT that guilty !!

I only liked the song ... never had any of their vinyl, cd's etc !!! :lol:

I know what you mean about Drama thoughl. I rather liked that version of Yes and saw a show on that tour. Excellent ! I never liked the Trevor Rabin "Owner of a Lonely Heart" Yes though.

I love 60s bubblegum and much of the 80s fag-rock....hehehehee.....

Plus...I LOVE the hip-hop I listen to...I don't know anyone my age that likes it..they think it's just all 'gansta rap'.....pffftt ! I even like Dr. Dre ... that's sorta gansta rappish I spose...him and Snoop Dog ! :D

I'm NOT that guilty !!

I only liked the song ... never had any of their vinyl, cd's etc !!! :lol:

I know what you mean about Drama thoughl. I rather liked that version of Yes and saw a show on that tour. Excellent ! I never liked the Trevor Rabin "Owner of a Lonely Heart" Yes though.

I love 60s bubblegum and much of the 80s fag-rock....hehehehee.....

Plus...I LOVE the hip-hop I listen to...I don't know anyone my age that likes it..they think it's just all 'gansta rap'.....pffftt ! I even like Dr. Dre ... that's sorta gansta rappish I spose...him and Snoop Dog ! :D

Cool seeing Drame era Yes , I liked the rabin Yes, I think 90125 is a classic pop/rock crossover !! I noticed a few years back when Isaw the Wakeman/Howe Yes that when they did Owner of a lonely heart it was Wakeman that took the guitar solo :blink:<_<

Oh, "Wildfire"! Why?! Why did the horse break down his stall during a blizzard?! Didn't he know that the lady would run after him and perish! And the poor songwriter! Haunted by the lady's ghost! Oh, the humanity! :'(

How about "Please Come to Boston" by Dave Loggins? :'(

Or "Ode to Billy Joe"?

Or "Billy, Don't be a Hero"?

Or "Playground in my Mind"?

Sappy 70s tunes rule. B)

:lol: I know - the poor horse...:boohoo: Sorry, I had a moment. I have Ode to Billy Joe AND Billy Don't be a Hero on my Ipod :ph34r: Okay so I have many others but I've already shamed myself enough for the weekend.

Gotta love those cheesy 70s tunes!

I hope I don't ended up getting kicked off a Led Zeppelin board for admitting this but, when we're on a road trip, much to my husband's chagrin, I deliberately look for the local "Golden Oldies" or "Good Time Rock and Roll" radio station. I like to sing along with what I call "American Bandstand" music. My favorite guilty pleasures are the 60's girl group songs: - The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow?, - The Chiffons - One Fine Day, He's So Fine, etc. :bagoverhead:

I love these type of songs, don't be ashamed :D Hell, I sing along to these type of songs everyday. :P

What song do you love that you are embarrased to admit ? When it comes on the radio in the car you sing it at the top of your lungs or hide the CD from your friends and only play it when you're alone. For me, too many come to mind, a tune or two from Air Supply ( I KNOW ! I KNOW !) or the Little River Band...but I'll have to pick two from Leo Sayer......" When I Need You" and for the runner up "More Than I Can Say". I'm really not ashamed to admit that I love these songs.....er...really. Your turn....

Oh God here we go....

I guess I must admit to being a sucker for this English pop song when I hear it in my car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JJ7oGHwMTI

:bagoverhead:

but I always follow it up by playing Black Sabbath right afterward just to clear my head... I swear it

Yep; REO; "Riding the Storm Out" :) My ultimate guilty pleasure would be disco...anything from the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack (whoops, "You Should be Dancing" in particular), The Hustle, or Donna Summer's "Last Dance".

And from the 80s: Wham!, Lionel, Tears for Fears, Howard Jones; and the soundtracks for John Hughes films (Pretty in Pink, 16 Candles, etc.).

ok more guilty pleasures...Donna Summer..I Feel Love,

Sister Sledge..Lost in Music and We are Family

I am afraid I have been a secret sucker to that late 70's disco stuff, I don't really own any albums etc but when they are on the radio i just have to listen an marvel !! Love the funk guitar etc !!!

ok more guilty pleasures...Donna Summer..I Feel Love,

Sister Sledge..Lost in Music and We are Family

I am afraid I have been a secret sucker to that late 70's disco stuff, I don't really own any albums etc but when they are on the radio i just have to listen an marvel !! Love the funk guitar etc !!!

I love the funk from that era....stuff like...

Roller Coaster

Brickhouse

Let it Whip, let's whip it baby

You dropped a bomb on me

41RD6DV1R4L._AA240_.jpg

nothing wrong with the 70's disco stuff is there? a bit of candi staton, young hearts run free and tina charles i love to love oh and kelly marie feels like im in love (think it was 1980 though) my guilty pleasure was i always wanted to be in pans people or legs and co on top of the pops !!!!!!!!!! :bagoverhead:

I've got some guilty pleasures that are a little,outside the norm,first off Queen,yep,Queen,i love 'em,particularly Bohemian Rhapsody,i know it doesn't sound like a guilty pleasure,but it's very uncool in my school,personally,i LOVE them.As for the "American Bandstand" girl,:console: there,there,that stuff rocks.And loads of bluegrass and Rockabilly stuff :chickeddance: (Zeppelin loved that stuff too,it still isn't largely considered to be "cool") Also i like a lot of freaky hippy jams like Iron Butterfly :hippy: In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida is actually a guilty pleasure for me!It's my favourite guilty pleasure song of all time!"Cool" in my school is a weird thing!And of course,my extremely guilty pleasure,and the weirdest one anyone here will have is...SLAYER!!!I love them!I've got the soundtrack to the apocalypse 4 cd set,it's really freaky,but "Cool" in my town is warped!Metallica is "guilty" for gods sake! (I prefer them to Slayer) Even a LOT of Zep's favs are "guilty",Robert Johnson?John Lee Hooker?You heard me:

Queen

Iron Butterfly

The Doors

Jefferson Airplane

60's Acid Rock in general

The entire Bluegrass genre

The entire Rockabilly genre

50's Rock N' Roll

50's R & B

60's Funk

Thrash Metal

Slayer

Metallica

Anthrax

Pantera

Robert Johnson

John Lee Hooker

Muddy Waters

B.B. King

Smashing Pumpkins

Slipknot

Chuck Berry (No one knows anything past JBG,they do like that one song though,that's,something...)

Elvis Presly (I don't like his ballads though)

James Brown

Eddie Cochrann

The Shadows

Mastodon

Rammstein

Nine Inch Nails

Rob Zombie

The Odd Frank Sinatra song

Ella Fitzgerald

most Jazz

Buddy Guy

Buddy Holly

Miles Davis

The Grateful Dead

The White Stripes (Though Jack White is an international guilty pleasure nowadays)

Meat Loaf (Am I alone in this?)

David Bowie (He's too freaky...)

Iggy Pop & The Stooges

At least they like Zeppelin,Floyd,Thin Lizzy,Iron Maiden,and some other GOOD stuff...

Archived