Guilty Pleasures

Bilbo the Rover

^ You're saying those are guilty pleasures because they're uncool at your school...all of them ? :huh:

If that's the case, there's seriously something wrong at your school....just about everyone you listed are GREAT....You didn't even mention disco or crappy 70s ballad rock !!!

^ You're saying those are guilty pleasures because they're uncool at your school...all of them ? :huh:

If that's the case, there's seriously something wrong at your school....just about everyone you listed are GREAT....You didn't even mention disco or crappy 70s ballad rock !!!

Yep,school is WEIRD!!!These bands "Suck",but the bands they influence "Rock" (e.g. Led Zeppelin from Robert Johnson,Trivium from Metallica) it's kinda hypocrissy,I love each and every one of those bands,the only one that someone could cal remotely "Cheesy" is Meat Loaf,but c'mon,Bat Out Of Hell,anyone?I'm pretty diverse in tastes,so it's hard to make musical friends,i'm known at school as "The Kid Who Won't Shut Up about Led Zeppelin",when i do make music friends,i usually devote myself to their favourite form,i can usually get by with blues-lovers and dirty metal-heads alike.

Old Shep - Walter Brennan

When I was a lad

And old shep was a pup

Over hills and meadows wed stray

Just a boy and his dog

We were both full of fun

We grew up together that way

I remember the time at the old swimmin hold

When I would have drowned beyond doubt

But old shep was right there

To the rescue he came

He jumped in and then pulled me out

As the years fast did roll

Old shep he grew old

His eyes were fast growing dim

And one day the doctor looked at me and said

I can do no more for him jim

With hands that were trembling

I picked up my gun

And aimed it at sheps faithful head

I just couldnt do it

I wanted to run

I wish they would shoot me instead

He came to my side

And looked up at me

And laid his old head on my knee

I had struck the best friend that a man ever had

I cried so I scarcely could see

Old shep he has gone

Where the good doggies go

And no more with old shep will I roam

But if dogs have a heaven

Theres one thing I know

Old shep has a wonderful home

:boohoo:

Sometimes at work they play songs that I like just because I know I can sing along to them.

I was singing a Jimmy Buffett song the other day. "Come Monday, it'll be alright....blah,blah. I"ll be holding you tight...blah.blah.blah...."

:lol:

And when I don't know the words, I just pretend I do. :lol:

Well, here's some I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Me and Little Andy-Dolly Parton

Dancing Queen-ABBA (look out when that comes on!)

and like some others I love the whole Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, it was my first record

I Just Want to Be Your Everything-Andy Gibb

Melt With You-Modern English

almost every 80s hair band you can imagine

Tesla

Copacabana-Barry Manilow :bagoverhead:

but, I'm not embarrassed to say that I love I Will Always Love You from Best Little Whorehouse in Texas-that is a beautiful song. But I can't stand Whitney Houston's version.

Well, here's some I haven't seen mentioned yet:

Me and Little Andy-Dolly Parton

and like some others I love the whole Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, it was my first record

I Just Want to Be Your Everything-Andy Gibb

Melt With You-Modern English

almost every 80s hair band you can imagine

Tesla

Copacabana-Barry Manilow :bagoverhead:

but, I'm not embarrassed to say that I love I Will Always Love You from Best Little Whorehouse in Texas-that is a beautiful song. But I can't stand Whitney Houston's version.

You've come ungodly close to pretty much suming up my guilty pleasures. Some i dont feel so guilty about but some :bagoverhead::bagoverhead::bagoverhead:

You've come ungodly close to pretty much suming up my guilty pleasures. Some i dont feel so guilty about but some :bagoverhead::bagoverhead::bagoverhead:

I'll tell you the rest of mine if you tell me yours....that's nowhere near all of them :D

It's nice to finally find someone who won't make fun of me :P

I'll tell you the rest of mine if you tell me yours....that's nowhere near all of them :D

It's nice to finally find someone who won't make fun of me :P

Oh probably some george michael stuff. He used to have the hottest super models in all his videos and as a young teenage horomone i very much enjoyed watching them! Loved the hair bands! I graduated in 91 so i pretty much grew up with that even though i usually had zep kickin in the car. A pouple of those songs and bands you mentioned i just listened to yesterday!!bagoverhead.gif

I love the funk from that era....stuff like...

Roller Coaster

Brickhouse

Let it Whip, let's whip it baby

You dropped a bomb on me

41RD6DV1R4L._AA240_.jpg

Ahhh, one should never be shamed of the funk. It's a beautiful thing! :thumbsup:

"Make my funk a P-Funk. Wants to get Funked up! B)

I'm embarrassed for so many of you !

And that's exactly what this thread is about ehh ? PURE EMBARRASSEMENT !!!

Some real stinkers here. :lol:

Oh man...that's an understatement! :lol:

But on the other hand, the stinkers make you appreciate the good 'uns all that much more.

Oh yes I forgot Abba, I am afraid I like them, great pop song writers !!Wonderful stuff !!...right I am off to join an Abba forum :blink::rolleyes:

I like nearly all the songs you guys have mentioned plus so many more.......my guilty pleasure today has been Year of the Cat by Al Stewart.

Big Boys Don't Cry by 10cc.....dang leddy, why'd ya have to say that one.....now I'll have to go download that album.

Sometimes around the house I will spontaneously break out with a chorus of Gimme Dat Ding and my daughter gives me one of these looks: :huh:

Oh probably some george michael stuff. He used to have the hottest super models in all his videos and as a young teenage horomone i very much enjoyed watching them! Loved the hair bands! I graduated in 91 so i pretty much grew up with that even though i usually had zep kickin in the car. A pouple of those songs and bands you mentioned i just listened to yesterday!!bagoverhead.gif

Relax-Frankie Goes to Hollywood

I Ran and Space Age Love Song-Flock of Seagulls

almost everything Duran Duran ever did

ABC-Jackson 5-I had totally forgotten about this song until I saw Clerks 2

Nasty Boys-Janet Jackson

Ok I'm done. This is getting seriously embarrassing.

BTW zepsteve-I graduated in '89. That's why our guilties are so similar....

and I had a serious "thing" for George Michael :wacko:

Archived