"I believe......

59LesPaul

Well can't speak for Kat but in our country, a common children's belief is that little baby Jesus delivers the gifts, even though Czech Rep. is mainly atheist country.

I can't see why you couldn't. I'm not aware of any other tradition. I sincerely hope I don't make an impression of someone who could be Jakeš's granddaughter...so that I would believe in Děd Moroz.

I like that, it's nice! Certainly puts Jesus more at the center of the holiday than he is here.

Sometimes it seems he's almost an afterthought . . . .which suits me fine, being an agnostic.

One would ask what's more hypocritical though...

Okay;first off,this idea is shamelessly stolen from the "Blue Collar Comedy Tour",but with a tweak or two.

"I believe you show me a baby walking around with Coca Cola in a baby bottle at a flea market........and I'll show you a future Nascar fan".

Jeff Foxworthy

That is so beautiful brspled! It's lovely and so moving.

I'm an eternal optimist and, like you, I believe that happiness can last forever and is transcendent.

I believe in all of those things that you wrote and:

My husband and I still laughing together like kids, staring into each other’s eyes and knowing what the other is feeling, our shared telepathic connection, my husband's way of looking at me and saying, any time or place, and for no special reason, “How come you’re so sexy?” I believe in the special little world that we've created with our shared language and secrets.

Beautiful too, MSG. My husband looks at me and says the same thing to me for no special reason either :blush: ...

We can share the same beliefs...that's wonderful. ;)

One would ask what's more hypocritical though...

I can admire a tradition and still feel that it isn't for me. I can look at our Christmas tradition and say that they've created a competing icon in Santa Claus, and speculate that putting the emphasis entirely on Jesus might make the holiday more meaningful for me were I a Christian. However, since I'm not a christian, my family tradition of addressing present tags as being from 'Santy' or 'Mrs. Santy' is something you'll have to pry from my cold, dead fingers. Because to me, that's what the holidays are really about: family.

I can admire a tradition and still feel that it isn't for me. I can look at our Christmas tradition and say that they've created a competing icon in Santa Claus, and speculate that putting the emphasis entirely on Jesus might make the holiday more meaningful for me were I a Christian. However, since I'm not a christian, my family tradition of addressing present tags as being from 'Santy' or 'Mrs. Santy' is something you'll have to pry from my cold, dead fingers. Because to me, that's what the holidays are really about: family.

I believe that you've hit the nail on the head for me.

I believe there are two paths you can go by, I believe if you walk...you're gonna get there, I believe a new day will dawn for those who stand long, I believe in the girl who won my heart (she's 8 years old ) I believe that many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I believe there's still time to change the road you're on...I believe I'll break a little bread and pass it all around, I believe eye to eye , I believe the greatest thing you can do now, is share a smile with someone who's blue , just believe and you can't go wrong, I believe in the light , I'll find the road, I believe there's an angel on my shoulder, I believe it's nobody's fault but mine, I believe even though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea, I believe if we show our love to Lady Nature, she will come back again, I believe we're gonna groove, I believe we'll have good times and bad times,I believe that upon us all a little rain must fall, I believe that this is not the way it ought to stay, I believe in what is and what should never be, I believe your time is gonna come (and mine)...I believe that I'll ramble on, but before I do , I say what I said before....I believe it's ALL a state of mind...

I believe in love, friendship, respect, great sex, even after almost 27 years together....I believe in sunny days on the beach, good music on my stereo, my husband's fingers running through my hair, his lips on my neck, the wind blowing in my face, the rain watering my garden, the night bringing rest. I believe in my family, the beautiful story my husband and I have built together, that better days will come when we are having a bad one, I believe that my kids have grown to be amazing adults and I truly believe we will be happy forever.

That is so beautiful brspled! It's lovely and so moving.

I'm an eternal optimist and, like you, I believe that happiness can last forever and is transcendent.

I believe in all of those things that you wrote and:

My husband and I still laughing together like kids, staring into each other's eyes and knowing what the other is feeling, our shared telepathic connection, my husband's way of looking at me and saying, any time or place, and for no special reason, "How come you're so sexy?" I believe in the special little world that we've created with our shared language and secrets.

I believe I'll have this one day! 23_29_107.gif

Me too! :thumbsup: And while I'm here--

I believe I'd really like Tsonga to win the Australian Men's final.

I believe Djokovic will win it, though, and I'd like that too.

I believe it's funny how similar our beliefs are! :D

Beautiful too, MSG. My husband looks at me and says the same thing to me for no special reason either :blush: ...

We can share the same beliefs...that's wonderful. ;)

Thank you. It was your post that actually inspired me. It is wonderful that we share the same beliefs. I can't find your other post right now so I will respond to it here: You had written about your in-laws and how much you appreciate them and enjoy their company. I feel the same away about mine. I love them and it has been a privilege to have been a part of my husband's family for almost thirty years. I don't know about the culture in Brasil, but in the U.S., in-laws and mothers-in-law, in particular, are often the brunt of jokes and people do not always get along with them. My experience has been entirely different. My husband and his family are wonderful people. I couldn't have asked for better or nicer in-laws.

I believe there are two paths you can go by, I believe if you walk...you're gonna get there, I believe a new day will dawn for those who stand long, I believe in the girl who won my heart (she's 8 years old ) I believe that many dreams come true and some have silver linings, I believe there's still time to change the road you're on...I believe I'll break a little bread and pass it all around, I believe eye to eye , I believe the greatest thing you can do now, is share a smile with someone who's blue , just believe and you can't go wrong, I believe in the light , I'll find the road, I believe there's an angel on my shoulder, I believe it's nobody's fault but mine, I believe even though the course may change sometimes, rivers always reach the sea, I believe if we show our love to Lady Nature, she will come back again, I believe we're gonna groove, I believe we'll have good times and bad times,I believe that upon us all a little rain must fall, I believe that this is not the way it ought to stay, I believe in what is and what should never be, I believe your time is gonna come (and mine)...I believe that I'll ramble on, but before I do , I say what I said before....I believe it's ALL a state of mind...

Well said! You know your Zep quotes!

I believe I'll have this one day! 23_29_107.gif

Oh, I am sure that you will have it - and love will find you when you least expect it!

I BELIEVE THIS IS TRUELY BEAUTIFUL___Also ,READ TODAYS THREAD__JIMMY IN JAPAN TO PROMOTE THE MOTHERSHIP__THERE IS A NOTE I POSTED THAT SHOULD INSPIRE SOME.

I believe that the greatest book left behind by the creator is not any book written by the hand of man but the book of the world. I believe that real wisdom can be achieved by communing with the natural rhythms of the world. I believe that wisdom can be gained by listening to men, but the idea that wisdom can only come from one race, creed, or religion is folly. I believe that wisdom is wisdom, and cannot hold to any allegiance. I believe that in life we have a simple choice between being negative and being positive and that wisdom teaches us which is which, something that is not always clear. And I believe that there is something within us that doesn't die, even if we ourselves do- and that something grows with positivity and shrinks with negativity.

I believe that the greatest book left behind by the creator is not any book written by the hand of man but the book of the world. I believe that real wisdom can be achieved by communing with the natural rhythms of the world. I believe that wisdom can be gained by listening to men, but the idea that wisdom can only come from one race, creed, or religion is folly. I believe that wisdom is wisdom, and cannot hold to any allegiance. I believe that in life we have a simple choice between being negative and being positive and that wisdom teaches us which is which, something that is not always clear. And I believe that there is something within us that doesn't die, even if we ourselves do- and that something grows with positivity and shrinks with negativity.

From Bull Durham, right? Hah, can't fool me twice!

Archived