ROBERT AT THE KNICKS-SIXERS GAME TONIGHT!

Wolfman

Ok I Had been very skeptical of them actually playing real tour dates again..

But NOT ANYMORE.. and I'm sorry I'm not reading anything at all into anything...

You can tell just looking at his body language on the video...

As soon as the Krause Tour is over... THEY ARE PLAYING AGAIN.... start getting ready to book the tickets.. because up until this point..

knowing Plant and his aversion to this sort of thing.. and knowing how he has approached this for years and years and years..

There's not a doubt in my mind that they will be TOURING after the Krause tour.

This is so awesome.... I'm part of the generation that grew up idolizing these guys but we never saw them AT ALL... Bonzo died when I was what? 12? Not even.

Incredible and they are coming... make no doubt about it.

Ok I Had been very skeptical of them actually playing real tour dates again..

But NOT ANYMORE.. and I'm sorry I'm not reading anything at all into anything...

You can tell just looking at his body language on the video...

As soon as the Krause Tour is over... THEY ARE PLAYING AGAIN.... start getting ready to book the tickets.. because up until this point..

knowing Plant and his aversion to this sort of thing.. and knowing how he has approached this for years and years and years..

There's not a doubt in my mind that they will be TOURING after the Krause tour.

This is so awesome.... I'm part of the generation that grew up idolizing these guys but we never saw them AT ALL... Bonzo died when I was what? 12? Not even.

Incredible and they are coming... make no doubt about it.

Isn't that reading into things though? Again, I dont' see how he stood or what he said indicates anything other than he's really happy to be touring with Alison Krauss and possibly doing another project with her as he mentioned. And there's that Strange Sensation album....

Actually seeing that was a delightful suprise! We know he loves his Wolves--& tennis,who knows what he was up to .Perhaps he likes basketball as well,or Maybe it was something as wild as it being where the 2 teams who were playing are from?And maybe it was sponateous,however the interviewer said they were getting ready ahead of time (all day) for his arrival! As I recall he said these things toward the end :never know whats around the corner,Right now my whole energy is based around another project you know--then after asked which song would he sing to bring the house down? His response was "Kasmir".............( isn`t there a line in that song that says ..........."when all will be revealed")? Robert Plant is so Mysterious & fUN! I LOVE THAT GUY ! ........magic magic filled the air!!!

He didn't say yes, he didn't say no. He didn't say anything. I really don't get how poeple read between the lines when there's nothing there. :huh:

I think this is a "glass half full, or glass half empty" situation. The ones (myself included) who are excitedly pointing out that Robert didn't say "no" see the glass as half full. Those who feed the negative vibes of "he didn't say 'yes'" see the glass as half empty... or they don't see the glass at all. Or something.

While the three of them and Jason are still alive, active, respect each other and are clearly able to perform together, then the glass remains half full, and even seems to be filling up a little bit if I'm not mistaken.

Robert has been responsible for shooting down reunion rumors for so long that for him to repeatedly leave the door open when asked about it is a definite sign of encouragement.

Agreed! Him saying who knows what is around in the corner is just so exciting!

To me it says yes, we are putting things in motion for more shows, but right now I'm getting ready to tour with Alison Krauss. In the meantime Jimmy is getting the ball rolling for Led Zeppelin.

Whatever comes around, all the members must firstly be true to themselves.

I want to see LZ as much as anybody else here, but I respect their decisions/reasons for or against. I want them to be happy and content with anything they undertake, and I'll be there for sure at as many gigs as possible!

Why can't we just revel in the amazing LZ legacy, embrace the 'now' and be hopeful for the future!

I am paraphrasing from an email response from an old friend who was at LZ’s MSG concerts back in the ‘70’s and also at Saturday night’s Knicks game. Thanks to his corporation, he has great seats for Knicks games so he was close enough to “Celebrity Row” to able to watch Robert. He told me that there were probably as many people around him watching Robert watch the game as there were people watching the game – and more than a few trying to do both. He also told me that, even before he was seated, there were people buzzing about Robert Plant being in the Garden that night. My friend also said that, after the game, on the way out of the Garden, he could hear people still buzzing about Robert Plant - and, naturally LZ. Unlike me, my friend does not fritter and waste hours on the LZ forum. But, my friend wrote that there was a moment when, during the standing ovation, he was near enough to be able to watch the look that crossed Robert’s face. My friend wrote that as he was watching Robert acknowledge the reception from the crowd, he (my friend, not Robert) had one of those surreal moments when he was simultaneously the kid he had been back at the MSG Zep concerts and the middle-aged corporate exec that he is now, some 30+ years later. I responded that it starts that way and, before you realize what is happening, you are looking back there more often than you ever thought you would and remembering more things than you ever thought you could. Then, the next thing you know; you find yourself on an LZ fan site, sharing memories of those LZ concerts. :lol:

A new generation and a new century. On the news clip, the reporter noted that the that young women dancers were “absolutely frightened” that Robert Plant was there “to watch them do it”. Some things remain the same. “Shake for me girl…” :shifty:

I wonder if he checked out the dressing rooms for old times sake.

Dressing rooms! All of the powerful, beautiful, timeless music created by the legends who are Led Zep and they are still remembered for certain things. The MSG dressing rooms, for example. :lol:

Edited to add youtube quote.

So, Robert did not say NO, and Robert did not say exactly say YES. So, I'll take a Maybe, anyday ! ! :)

BTY, I would have thought that someone would have transcribed the Interview, word for word already ! !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3tMKDcMScI

I have heard Robert interviewed before, and personally.... that sounded like Robert Plant -- Led Zeppelin Member, speaking about his upcoming arrangements with Alison Krauss, and then hinting about what may be "around the corner"...

Robert's sincere pride about "Kashmir" came across very well. :thumbsup:

Dressing rooms! All of the powerful, beautiful, timeless music created by the legends who are Led Zep and they are still remembered for certain things. The MSG dressing rooms, for example. :lol:

And to quote Robert remembering about the events of MSG in 1973 . . . .

".....So Many Explossions at the Wrong Time...." B):D

Isn't that reading into things though? Again, I dont' see how he stood or what he said indicates anything other than he's really happy to be touring with Alison Krauss and possibly doing another project with her as he mentioned. And there's that Strange Sensation album....

Ok I'll tell you what... we'll make a friendly wager.. say I dunno your choice... a thousand bucks.. and I say to you ...

You can either have the side of "Led Zeppelin tours again " or "Led Zeppelin never tours again".

Which side are you taking? Have you read nothing that's going on?

He's not even on TOUR until April... what the heck is he doing at a KNICKS game and why are the cheerleaders playing "BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I ROCK AND ROLL".. and then he's being interviewed at Center COURT?

Lol last I checked when Jack attends a Lakers game he doesn't do center court interviews.

Do yourself a favor.. Save your money and don't take TOO MANY Bets on your "READING TOO MUCH INTO Stuff theory" that's not worth the Pessimistic Rolling papers it was written on.

Ok I'll tell you what... we'll make a friendly wager.. say I dunno your choice... a thousand bucks.. and I say to you ...

You can either have the side of "Led Zeppelin tours again " or "Led Zeppelin never tours again".

Which side are you taking? Have you read nothing that's going on?

He's not even on TOUR until April... what the heck is he doing at a KNICKS game and why are the cheerleaders playing "BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I ROCK AND ROLL".. and then he's being interviewed at Center COURT?

Lol last I checked when Jack attends a Lakers game he doesn't do center court interviews.

Do yourself a favor.. Save your money and don't take TOO MANY Bets on your "READING TOO MUCH INTO Stuff theory" that's not worth the Pessimistic Rolling papers it was written on.

Wow, didn't realise I needed my war shield on. Er, yes I have read what's been reported in the press. I just don't read into it not to mention how the media has twisted their words in some cases. It's really more of not sitting around waiting for a Zep tour to happen. If it does, fine but I'm not getting any indication from what was said that it's a likelihood. You can call me a pessimist and shout at me if you feel the need. I'm just sharing my take on things.

Why did they play Rock and Roll at the Knicks game? I have no idea. I don't follow the game. Maybe they always do. Maybe it was a tribute to Robert? Why was Robert there? I don't know. Maybe he likes the game. Maybe he was invited. The people that reported the game seemed to be huge fans of Robert so maybe they wanted to have a few minutes with him. Again, I don't see it as meaning anything.

But thanks for the financial advice. I'll be sure to keep that in mind :rolleyes:

A new generation and a new century. On the news clip, the reporter noted that the that young women dancers were “absolutely frightened” that Robert Plant was there “to watch them do it”. Some things remain the same. “Shake for me girl…” :shifty:

Robert could still snap his fingers, or just smile at any one of those Knicks dancers and he could have his pick.

Aw that just made me smile through the whole thing. :D Very cool. What a weird place for an interview though. :lol:

I never thought I would see the day when Robert's being interviewed while guys are jumping and flipping off trampolines in the background while he's talking. :lol:

That woman who was interviewing him didn't seem to know what he was talking about when he said "Kashmir" though. :huh:

Robert could still snap his fingers, or just smile at any one of those Knicks dancers and he could have his pick.

Doubt it...not anymore. If Usher or Jay-Z or Fiddy-cent walked in the Garden all those young white girls would be on their knees.

And to quote Robert remembering about the events of MSG in 1973 . . . .

".....So Many Explosions at the Wrong Time...." B):D

:lol: :lol: :lol: It takes a vet of Zep's hell-raising days to catch that one. It didn't slide past me either. :shifty:

Looks like he's kept it, doesn't it? :D

• 2 months later...

Archived