First LP/CD or Cassette album bought

leddy

Rumor has it they'll be one of the next big reunion tours happening (or at least announced) this year, better start saving those nickels, dimes and pennies now:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20174022,00.html

LOL! As much as I loved them when I was 8-10 years old, I would not go see them now. I want to preserve my memories of them as hot teenage boys (well, only one of them was to me) rather than really pathetic looking 30-40 year old men.

I was a late bloomer in all respects.

LP purchased was Aqualung by Tull in the summer of 1971.

Cassette purchased was CD Southern Accents by Tom Petty in April 1985.

CD I won in a radio call-in, was Better Days by Southside Johnny and the Asbury Jukes around 1995. I did not own a CD player at the time. It may have been a year before I bought a CD player. I'd have to look through my CD's to see which was the first one I bought.

First LP-Lynyrd Skynyrd-Street Surviviors black cover,and thus began a search-and eventually a find- of the flame cover...

First Cassette-Led Zeppelin-fourth album (I think)

First CD-Jimmy Buffett- Livin' and Dyin' in 3/4 Time (already had it on vinyl;I was beginning to change over my collection to CD in 1995(!)

The first album I bought was Fleetwood Mac "Rumours"; hot off the press in 1977 when I was 11.

Side one

"Second Hand News"

"Dreams"

"Never Going Back Again"

"Don't Stop"

"Go Your Own Way"

"Songbird"

Side two

"The Chain"

"You Make Loving Fun"

"I Don't Want to Know"

"Oh Daddy"

"Gold Dust Woman"

first lp was elvis dont remember what it was called in 1972, then got the beatles abby road, led zep's first album, but my brother already had , deep purple,cream,yardbirds,dylan,who ,alice cooper,bad company,ect... the worst was the sound track to the exorcist, scared me everytime he played it,because of the comercial. but as you can see grew up with a broad range of music ohh can't forget country my dad listened to,merel hagard, jones ,tweety,ect... and herb elbert and the teawanna brass spelled it wrong iam sure, can't forget my uncle playing guitar and my cousin singing janis joplin songs..

the first tapes i remember going to a store and picking out were: uriah heep's look at yourself, steppenwolf's greatest hits. they were in the 3.99$ section. i thought i was

in heaven. prior to that i listened to hand me down 8-tracks, records, and radio dubs.

i had the wizard of oz soundtrack, the bonnie and clyde soundtrack, a bunch of motown

r&b pop compilation records from the early seventies i got from my grandfather's

basement. my moms old elvis aloha from hawii lp, her bob seger live bullet 8-track. stuff like that. first cd was kiss - rock and roll over. my uncle gave me all his old kiss

records but refused to let me even stare at his zeppelin lps and 8 tracks lol.

• 2 years later...

Archived