cameras at the show

i plan on taking a camera to the show, is this a bad idea? will it get taken away? what do you guys recommend, as i would love to have photos of the show?

Always conceal it on the way in and do NOT use a flash. All it takes is one usher on a

power trip to have it confiscated no matter what the O2 tells you.

(edit): Go digital if you can and don't forget to take a few of yourself and your friends outside the arena; it's a once in a lifetime event!

i plan on taking a camera to the show, is this a bad idea? will it get taken away? what do you guys recommend, as i would love to have photos of the show?

I'm pretty sure someone asked this on the other site and the answer was yes, that you could take a camera. Someone should call ahead of time and ask.... then post back on here. One of our friends in London maybe?

hey, got a response from the O2, good news:

Thank you for your email

Cameras will be allowed for this event as long as they are not professional cameras and are of a small-medium size.

Regards

James

Customer Services

The O2

Peninsula Square

London

SE10 0DX

T: 0208 463 2000

www.theo2.co.uk

hey, got a response from the O2, good news:

Thank you for your email

Cameras will be allowed for this event as long as they are not professional cameras and are of a small-medium size.

Regards

James

Customer Services

The O2

Peninsula Square

London

SE10 0DX

T: 0208 463 2000

www.theo2.co.uk

Good God. For some reason I find this really surprising, given the reticence to commit to promising a DVD release (or even to admit the thing will be filmed), which I assumed was to keep a tight hand on quality control. Well, good news for all!

Good God. For some reason I find this really surprising, given the reticence to commit to promising a DVD release (or even to admit the thing will be filmed), which I assumed was to keep a tight hand on quality control. Well, good news for all!

:hysterical:

I thought the part about:

As long as they are not "Professional" :hysterical::hysterical:

I thought Jimmy said of course it will be filmed.

No doubt he will want to play with it and I think it will be available on DVD if Jimmy has anything to say about it.

*those guys are sneaky that way* :D

:hysterical:

I thought the part about:

As long as they are not "Professional" :hysterical::hysterical:

I thought Jimmy said of course it will be filmed.

No doubt he will want to play with it and I think it will be available on DVD if Jimmy has anything to say about it.

*those guys are sneaky that way* :D

Originally, though, the official word was that it wasn't going to be filmed, or even recorded. Sneakiness in action! :lol:

A new age, the internet. Thank heaven for Al Gore. :D

One huge advantage to today's technology is, one good recording, (or bad) and it will be everywhere, in a matter of moments. Once it's uploaded, it will spread like wildfire. For God sake?

How about the Saddam Hussein hanging lol...Want to take odds on that being filmed?

A new age, the internet. Thank heaven for Al Gore. :D

One huge advantage to today's technology is, one good recording, (or bad) and it will be everywhere, in a matter of moments. Once it's uploaded, it will spread like wildfire. For God sake?

How about the Saddam Hussein hanging lol...Want to take odds on that being filmed?

Yeah, day after the event just check out Flickr.com. For example, check the site out now and search for 'Foo Fighters' and 'O2' TONS of photos.

And as they are allowing cameras there will be tons on youtube aswell.

I'll be taking mine. Got a pockets sized HD camcorder ;)

Yeah, day after the event just check out Flickr.com. For example, check the site out now and search for 'Foo Fighters' and 'O2' TONS of photos.

And as they are allowing cameras there will be tons on youtube aswell.

I'll be taking mine. Got a pockets sized HD camcorder ;)

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

YES!

Wow...I am very surprised. Now you have me thinking about buying a nice digital (nicer than I already have)...one that will slip into a pocket.

I will be very surprised if that holds up. In many years of seeing many shows, I have NEVER been to a show that said, sure, come on in with your camera. Anyone knows what the Ticketmaster site says?

nice to know cameras are allowed at this show.

I was getting worried about that. but now i know there will be at least one bootleg of this show (of course there will be more sources, since cameras are allowed)

i'm a bootleg collector myself, and this one is def. gonna be unique

Archived