Music You Love No Longer

kidmoon

Bay City Rollers :bagoverhead:

Good choice was my sisters favorite band well between them and the Babys.She is 6 years younger than me.I got John waite and michael Corbys autograph for her at New Orleans International airport in Jan 78.But i believe she quit listening to them.I still love the bands i grew up with.Zeppelin,Sabbath,Deep Purple,Lynyrd Skynyrd,Allman Brothers,Alice Cooper,ZZtop,Wishbone Ash,Uriah HEEP

If you have never gave the Use Your Illusion albums a real chance, I suggest you do. While what you say is true, it's Axl's ego that pushed them to new heights and made them play more progressive tunes. GnR is amazing, but you can't deny when Axl's big ideas would come to fruition, there were amazing results.

Band that I used to love? Hmm, I dunno if there is anybody that I used to love. I mean, true love lasts forever. I love several bands, but only after a few years of quite incessant listening does a band get my love. Otherwise, it aint love.

Guns & Roses was a great band it is a shame they couldnt work it out and stay together but i loved all thier cds .Saw them with Mettallica great shows

• 2 years later...

Hard to say being on this board and all but Led Zeppelin. Still respect them as being a great, great band but haven't had any urge to listen to them in a long while.

Also The Answer.

I know what you mean about Zeppelin. They're one of my favorite bands (probably the greatest band to ever walk the planet), but I can't remember the last time I really went on a Zeppelin listening spree. I guess one of these days I'll get bored with what I'm listening to now and go back to them.

But for bands that I used to listen to that I no longer really like that much, I guess Linkin Park would be the only name that really comes to mind.

Guns N Roses (I don't hate them I just don't like em as much)

Metallica (same as above. though now I can only really stomach 80's Metallica)

Saliva (ew they suck so bad don't know why i liked them in the first place)

Nickelback (had a few half decent hits when they broke mainstream in the early 00's but their mid to late 00's stuff is utter dog shit. i practically hurt my fingers when i listen to modern rock radio 'cause as soon as i hear Nickelback i change the station so fast)

Red Hot Chili Peppers - still like stuff from Californication but the rest i'm just pretty much sick of

Linkin Park (I still like most of Hybrid Theory but since Meteora - which still has a couple of good songs - the band has sounded horrible)

Them Crooked Vultures - oddly enough since their album just came out this year. Was really into it when it first came out but now i'm kinda sick of it and can really see it for what it is - just another half decent supergroup.

Guns N Roses (I don't hate them I just don't like em as much)

Metallica (same as above. though now I can only really stomach 80's Metallica)

Saliva (ew they suck so bad don't know why i liked them in the first place)

Nickelback (had a few half decent hits when they broke mainstream in the early 00's but their mid to late 00's stuff is utter dog shit. i practically hurt my fingers when i listen to modern rock radio 'cause as soon as i hear Nickelback i change the station so fast)

Red Hot Chili Peppers - still like stuff from Californication but the rest i'm just pretty much sick of

Linkin Park (I still like most of Hybrid Theory but since Meteora - which still has a couple of good songs - the band has sounded horrible)

Them Crooked Vultures - oddly enough since their album just came out this year. Was really into it when it first came out but now i'm kinda sick of it and can really see it for what it is - just another half decent supergroup.

I think most people would agree with you on Metallica, including Metallica themselves. If you look at what they've been playing on the Death Magnetic Tour, the only thing they'll play from Load or Reload is Fuel, and even then they only play it occasionally. I think the only reason they play stuff other than Nothing Else Matter and Enter Sandman (on the occasions they do) from Black Album is because it's their highest seller, and that they want to play a few songs that people who aren't hardcore fans might know.

There's no records in my collection that I don't listen to anymore. However, Kiss is one of just a few bands who's albums I've never purchased on CD. That will probably change with the purchase of Alive! sometime in the near future but it will only be out of pure nostalgia.

There's no records in my collection that I don't listen to anymore. However, Kiss is one of just a few bands who's albums I've never purchased on CD. That will probably change with the purchase of Alive! sometime in the near future but it will only be out of pure nostalgia.

It seems like a lot of people in this thread have listed KISS - just something I've observed.

On another note I used to like Raffy when I was really young. But of course I'm not four years old anymore and don't listen to anything by him laugh.gif

When I was about 10 or 11, I used to be into all these "boy bands" like Blue, Westlife, Boyzone and other nonsense! dry.gif LOL! I really have no idea what came over me back then! :blink::P Anyway, thank goodness I went in for a major revamp of my music collection at the age 12 when I discovered "real music" (I think you know which band I am referring to in particular! Yep! Led Zeppelin!) B)

Linkin Park ( Stopped listening to them completely)

Metallica (Last yr I was really into them, the 80's era.)

Avenged Sevenfold (Only song I can hear fully now is Blinded In Chains)

I used to listen to a lot of "teen pop" back when I was in high school, but I haven't listened to any of it in probably 10 years, if that. The only artists I currently listen to that used to fit that genre are Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake and that's only because they evolved their sound and don't do anything like that anymore. Which is great, because it shows how they've matured as musicians and writers.

Archived