Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
kidmoon

Music You Love No Longer

^I wanted to marry them all at some point. Except Nick. He sounded like a girl, and still does. They really will give record contracts to anyone won't they? I thank the heavens above that I saw the light and Zeppelin came into my life!

I must confess I don't know a single Nugent tune, but, having read some stuff about his personality, I don't think I want to either.

the best thing with him in it was a band he was in before he broke big in the late '70s, the Amboy Dukes. the album is called "tooth, fang and claw" teds' face is on the cover, made up like a tiger or some crap. Some highlights, for me anyway, are "great white buffalo" and now cant remember the others...I never have owned any ted on cd, though.

Edited by stonefreelee

^You don't want to know who he is. He says that Jimmy Page is a drugged out no good guitar player.

that's the same thing he said about jimi hendrix, after i found that out, i was done forever with ted nugent...not to mention the fact that he is a neocon/gun freak and actually gets a "thrill' out of killing animals...one of the frequent traits of serial killers. not for me...

A very interesting ad intelligent topic. Thanx. On my part, if I ever should say "I don't like this or that music anymore" it means that probably I never liked this or that music in the first place!! I have always been very selective in my music tastes and that's because I don't think of music being just 'background sound' to my everyday life, but an integral part of my life.....something I cherish and look to in all moments of my life!! :) I hope that makes sense! :)

Robert

Sometimes it can be hard to separate certain artists from their personalities and Ted is one of those. I'm not even a fan of his current music but still have a soft spot for the old stuff. I doubt there's anything he's said (or ever will say) that will change that. Same for some other musicians putting down an artist that I like. I'm not going to stop liking that particular musician just because they don't like an artist that I do.

As for the old rock n' roll and how much of it I still listen to, everything I've listened to over the years (including old 50s rock and blues) somehow informs what I listen to today. I consider it all to be a part of the same big picture.

I'd have to say KISS.....although I owe a debt of grattitude to them for sort of introducing me to music obsession. I was into them in like 77-80 when I was between 8- 11 years old

They introduced mre to electric guitars, drums bass....loudness, and showmanship....

if I listen to it now, I cringe, but still think Ace Frehely was a great guitarist who's ability was hidden by the way the band was marketed as well as his own substance abuse problems

I bought the first "Kissology" DVD recently for old times sake

Er...Spice Girls

Anastasia

SClub7

Hey, I was less than 10 years old! :lol: All that girly pop went after my discovery of classic rock.

I bought the first "Kissology" DVD recently for old times sake

I received it as a gift two Christmas' ago and have been enjoying the trip down memory lane immensely. I seriously doubt I ever pick up the other two.

You should at least listen to 'Stranglehold'. It's the only one I've heard so far of his that I like and it's great. I actually think you'd like it.

Anyway, I'm like Jahfin in the sense that I still love these bands, I just don't listen to them a whole lot anymore. The only bands that really applies to for me are Led Zeppelin and Nirvana.

Thanks for the recommendation on Last.fm! It sounded quite good. :)

Actually it has been remastered as an album release on the Castle Communication ? label in the UK. I have that copy and it was released sometime late 90s....It has ONE bonus track "Evil Woman".

Evil Woman as a bonus track?? :huh:

Isn't it, like, part of the album? On my copy it's sandwiched inbetween NIB and Sleeping Village.

(It's from the 1970 - 1978 Mini CD Replica box)

Evil Woman is also on the very excellent sounding comp Symptom of the Universe but I believe it's referred to as some sort of rarity.

When I first got into music, I listened to (practically) nothing but Zeppelin for over a year. Now I barely ever put them in the spinner. It's not like I don't like them anymore, I just have so much other stuff to listen to that they've been relegated to the backburners.

I decided not long ago to put classic rock behind me. I've heard all those songs hundreds of times and love them all, and they all have a special place in my heart, but its time to move on.

That does't mean I don't like it anymore, or that I'm selling all my old cds, or that I won't crank up an occsional old tune. It just means that i'm going to be thinking more outside of my comfort zone when it come to finding new music.

Like a lot of you I'm old enough to remember when what we now call "classic rock" was new rock.

I hear ya.As much as I love my old stuff,I have been into find good new music.For me my path has been thru the blues.There are alot of bands that arent really strait blues that are on blues labels,blues rock if you will .Grooveyard records ,Shrapnel records are 2 that really specialize in hard rockin heavy guitar bluesy music.more Hendrix than BB King.I have been able to pick up a nice little collection in this genre.I would think this kind of music would appeal to most Zep fans.

When I was 5 or so, I really liked Richard Marx....when I was like, in 3rd grade, my friends and I all liked Milli Vanilli, and Roxette. I can honestly say I no longer listen to them anymore.

Within the rock metal genre its only the Nu-Metal thing i have lost interest for, bands like Slipknot and KoRn... But except for that part of the Rock/Metal world i have only gained interest and love for different sub-genre through my years of exploring... And i still listen to all the bands i started listening too, so my interest for certain bands have not really decreased and some bands i love more now then, lets say, 5years ago... But ofc, i listen to some bands less now, but you only have that many hours a day and the more bands you like the less you have to listen to some other bands...

But ofc i have been through other genre that i have lost completly interest for, but that was when i was way younger and i guess i went through the phases thrying to find out who i am... So i went through techno/trance/house/etc and Rap/HipHop genre... The only artist i still respect is actually 2Pac... i am not listening to that artist but i still respect him and i think he had some great lyrics...

I'm sure everyone has a band they really enjoyed when they were younger, but, for some reason or another, that band has lost its appeal...What bands/songwriters did you used to love? And why do you think they've lost your interest?

Well, for me it's only stuff I used to listen to when I was really young like Eternal and The Spice Girls. Although I would be lying if I tried to make out like I didn't still have a soft spot for them. They just remind me of childhood, y'know?

After that, my taste in music has been basically the same since I was about 11. Well, it's expanded and stuff, obviously, but the bands I started loving then I still love now.

Edited by Chicken

Another band Is ELO, pre 1980 before discovering Rock I use to love ELO and to me Don't bring me Down was really heavy :blink::) , untill I discoverd metal !!! The only song i really like when I hear it now is Mr Blue Sky but the rest doesn't do it for me anymore :( .

AS to Chicken still having a soft spot for The Spice girls, well I do too as I took my daughter to see them when she was 9 in 1998 and as she loved them !! so happy memories for that :) .

Edited by leddy

There are many bands I have listened to for years and I don't even think about them now.

The most important thing is the fact I used to be a huge fan of Red Hot Chili Peppers ( B) ). It doesn't mean it was my favourite band of course. The RHCP is just a band what I liked very much and stopped. I loved every song, every part of lyrics, every note. Someday I realized this music is little shitty :rolleyes:

Canadian groups/solo...

1. MAX WEBSTER

2. Bryan Adams

3. Cory Hart

4. Celine Dion

5. Paul Brandt

6. George Canyon

7. Terri Clark

i listen to very little classic rock anymore, including zeppelin...still love em but i guess i just got too much other stuff to listen to...

but going even further back i guess i dont really listen to cheesy 90's dance music anymore...

oh, wait...ya i do :mellow:

Sometimes it can be hard to separate certain artists from their personalities and Ted is one of those. I'm not even a fan of his current music but still have a soft spot for the old stuff. I doubt there's anything he's said (or ever will say) that will change that. Same for some other musicians putting down an artist that I like. I'm not going to stop liking that particular musician just because they don't like an artist that I do.

As for the old rock n' roll and how much of it I still listen to, everything I've listened to over the years (including old 50s rock and blues) somehow informs what I listen to today. I consider it all to be a part of the same big picture.

Right on. ;)

i CAN NOT STAND lynyrd skynyrd!, used to like them alot. have a few albums. saw 'em live '77. good show. but my infatuation only went a couple years. and then, don't know why, actually started to hate the music. HATE IT... it actually gets on my nerves. if it comes on the radio, i change the station..... now i'm so annoyed, i have to go smoke a number, just to melow out for the super bowl.