Your Username...why'd you choose it?

PageAngel

well, i was making machinima with a mate once, and we needed subtle names that couldn't be seen.

Mine was a tilde (~), which at the time, i called a squibble, so when refering to the in game/movie characters...theres squibbles, and theres underscore.

Basically, I love the Beatles, and they have a song Mean Mr Mustard, but I don't like mustard :)

Abbey Road is my favourite Beatles album after Revolver. "The medley" is awesome, I'm surprised we don't have a Polythene Pam on the board!

Your story is interesting))

Well many of my friends have told me i looked like Robert's wife, and eventually even my parents startsed calling me Maureen sometimes)) so i thought here it would be suitable to choose this username, as i'm used to it)

You DO look like Maureen!

Edited by albionremain

I have been reading with utter fascination the usernames people choose, and I would love to hear the stories as to why people chose them and for some of them, what they mean! Even if yours seems fairly obvious, do tell why you picked it anyway.

I wasn't going to reply to this thread as I thought that my username was obvious. But then you asked to explain it even if it was obvious, so I will.

Ledsabbath is a compilation of Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. I generally say that Black Sabbath is my favourite band, followed by Led Zeppelin. I did originally want to be "BlackZeppelin" but that username was already taken. And as this is a Zeppelin forum, I think it's appropriate to show Zeppelin honor around here by having their part of the compilation first. Only much later did I think of BlackLed, but I'm happy to have ledsabbath.

So there you go.

Edited by ledsabbath

Mangani...means 'ape' in Tarzan language. Edgar Rice Burroughs used a kind of simple language in his Tarzan novels...long before JRR Tolkien came up with his language in LOTR.

Always liked the word Mangani.

Edited by Mangani

When I was a kid, my father used to tell people that I would fight with my own shadow if I could :D Mohammad Ali was my boxing hero and people just started calling me "ally" for a joke. It stuck

I like your question! I have many different user names on various types of sites. To me it only makes sense to define myself as how I FEEL about myself & where I go in my mind, what it makes me think about while I'm on that particular site. When I thought of this user name it was because At 13 I was a girl so fair, by 14 I was hanging out with guys that were 20+ and was doing some pretty heavy drugs so that was 'the Evil one' for me. And bet your ass it crept up & slipped away with me for many, many years & still fuckin does. And the chorus "Ramble on & now's the time, the time is now To sing my song" - I literally run on music! To sing my song! Without it I'd be totally empty & forever at the hands of the evil One!!! I want to share this with you cause the way it came out really describes things that I've done & that have happened to me throughout my life. I think it's cool how Zeppelin tunes say this! I once was 'a Girl so fair' back in the teenage yrs when I was turned on to Zeppelin. Then the 'evil one crept up & slipped away' with me! Can't say I didn't love some of those "Dazed & Confused " times! They definitely were "Good Times Bad Times" U know I've had my share. From the evil ones I've always managed to "Ramble On" , Even if I was the "Fool In The Rain" ! "Communication Breakdown" always sends me "Over The Hills & Far Away" . I tell them "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" & "I'm Going to California" "In the Evening". Because "When the Levee Breaks" "The Song Remains the Same". I remember listening to "Rock & Roll" with my "Black Dog" , those were my "Dancing Days". Finally after my "Battle of Evermore" I was LED to the "Stairway to Heaven" . Here is where I will always tune out. Fuckin' A Zeppelin, Thanks! They cut this off at 360 characters for my personal thingy. Thanks for letting me post this, I think it's really cool!!