Your Username...why'd you choose it?

PageAngel

It's my old radio DJ name. I had a show called The Free Lunch where I played bootlegs, only unreleased stuff. It was on Berkeley Liberation Radio, a Berkeley pirate radio station.

That's good to finally know :)

My first name's Ross and I was born in 1962.

Easy one! My family is 2 half’s, mum's side and papa's side. My grandmother never liked the French side, so I came up with something she would have preferred instead of my father’s, at her home the Red Ensign always flew proudly and I was made to know my English side history otherwise there was no love from her. Plus I made it more pretentious sounding by adding the middle initial a-la Steven A Jones model. It’s always been an inside joke among my small circle of friends, we always use our middle initial as a bit of laugh. As mum liked to say "Whitehaven vs Normandy" - in Canada the French and English history runs deep, very deep!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Charles, as I posted to this thread back in March 2008:

Mine is not a username, it's a sigil which incorporates a base numeric of ten and the All Seeing Eye. There's more but it shall not be revealed here.

So is it an A or an All Seeing Eye? Both? Is it a username or is it alchemy bound together by ones and zeros? B)

Because Chinese names are super funny, and, it has more personality than just Bob or Jeff. Maybe I should change it to StuntManMohammedBOOM... thoughts?

:hysterical: 

How about, I'mhereagainjusttobeatroll - at least we could respect the honesty, instead of all these other not so random names/themes.

Btw, my choice was on the fly the night of the concert.  I figured if Walter was good enough for Jimmy Page to choose to name one of his songs, it was good enough for me.  

On January 8, 2016 at 9:04 AM, Walter said:

Yep! Twice the fun... ;) 

Wow. Old Scratch. Haven't thought about him in years!

Looking back through the first few pages of this thread brought back memories of the good old days.....kinda sad so many are gone now. 

16 hours ago, StringBender said:

Wow. Old Scratch. Haven't thought about him in years!

Looking back through the first few pages of this thread brought back memories of the good old days.....kinda sad so many are gone now. 

Dearest 'Bender,

Hello.  Nice to see you passing through as I.

Recall you as the thinking-man's conservative.

Cheers,

A.C.

3 hours ago, ALEISTER CROWLEY said:

Dearest 'Bender,

Hello.  Nice to see you passing through as I.

Recall you as the thinking-man's conservative.

Cheers,

A.C.

They are coming out of the woodwork...

Yes, it's been a long time hasn't it A.C.  Where is Hermit, Del, wannabdrummer, Manderly, and my best pal Lakey....and the list goes on an on...

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 7:58 AM, StringBender said:

Yes, it's been a long time hasn't it A.C.  Where is Hermit, Del, wannabdrummer, Manderly, and my best pal Lakey....and the list goes on an on...

Folks started trickling off here after the '07 Reunion.   Some started got banned.  I couldn't log in for the longest time.

I am not sure what happened to Hermit, Del and Scratch as well.  Haven't talk to them in many years.  I come across the others on occasion. 

Sadly, Grampa Levee passed away just over a year ago.  Funny I was wondering about you the other day and I came back you had posted.  Hope all is well.

... whoopsies ... The Mage has got to get back in character...

Do what thou wilt!

A.C.

5e21b761-d8e2-48fc-8a45-91b4d448ddc2.jpg

On January 10, 2016 at 6:58 AM, StringBender said:

Hey there... been a long time...
Life has been happening, as has the end of it as well. I do miss 'the old days' and some of the conversations/discussions/rants/diatribes... but especially some of the people here, and particularly you StringBender. :)  But... we can't go back it seems... when we try, it's like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube... it doesn't work and the attempt can be kinda messy.

I pop in briefly every few months and then pop back out. Meanwhile..... *waves hello*

1) This name was given to me by my guru.

2) I bought this name on Ebay.

3) My name is actually a symbol that can't be revealed (Unless you want to be swallowed by the blind idiot god of interstellar madness, once you know the meaning).

4) The name Reswati is my real name, my parent's minds mutated from the odours that came out of my test tube while I was being made in Area 51.

5) Once drunk on absinthe the word Basmati sounded like Reswati.

6) All of the above are lies.

7) All of the above are true.

8) Choose whatever you want to believe.

Edited by reswati

On 1/12/2016 at 5:35 PM, 59LesPaul said:

Who?

On 1/12/2016 at 6:38 AM, Lake of Shadows said:

Hey there... been a long time...
Life has been happening, as has the end of it as well. I do miss 'the old days' and some of the conversations/discussions/rants/diatribes... but especially some of the people here, and particularly you StringBender. :)  But... we can't go back it seems... when we try, it's like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube... it doesn't work and the attempt can be kinda messy.

I pop in briefly every few months and then pop back out. Meanwhile..... *waves hello*

Oh WOW!!! Two I haven't seen for the longest time! 

Nice to see you both :)

:wave: