Your Username...why'd you choose it?

PageAngel

Fascinating read GG. Thanks. :D

By the way....just to clarify to people:

MY USERNAME HAS ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION WITH DRUGS OR DRUG USE. See my earlier post in this thread. A couple of people on here thought I was stoned all the time. :lol::lol::lol:

:hysterical::hysterical:

Yes--I was one guilty of that. (I send him a PM saying so...)

Mine is multi layered, the most obivious one is a tip of the hat to my favorite book by J.R.R. Tolkien, "The Hobbit" and the lead character ,with whom I have a lot in common . Second, "Bilbo" is a loving nickname the Basques have given to "Bilbao" , capital city the province of Bizkaia \ Vizcaya, and the birth place of my mother and her family. (There's also a nickname in Euskara \ Basque for Bilbao.."el boxto " which translates into "the hole" another hobbity type reference.) The second part, "The Rover" is a reference to one of my favorite Zeppelin songs as well as a reference to myself being a bit of a traveler. And there it is......

I am afraid mine doesn't have interesting origins really, Just i use to be Ledzeppeliner years ago , then it got shrtened to Leddy, thats it really..It does make me laugh when people not of this forum see my handle on other sites go why are you leddy? when I tell them they go ...Doh of course :)

Edited by leddy

Mine is sort of sentimental. My sister gave me this nickname way back in the '70's when we were in our teens. Our mother told me to go with my sister to town and make sure she didnt get into trouble. I started to follow her and she turned around and told me "You're just like an old motherhen. She and a friend were going to meet up with some friends to go and get high and mom thought I would rat on her...I justed wanted to join in, to be truthful. lol

I didnt actually start referring to myself as motherhen till after she passed away 10 yrs ago. I started using the name while creating a tribute page online for her.

I always thought yours was cute. Is that blog still around. Seems like I heard of it did it have a pic of HOTH cover in it?

Shad :unsure: w

Thank you shadow. :) I've always liked yours too.

No, it was a picture of Robert. I found it listed as a friend on the Led Zeppelin myspace page. There were all sorts of silly things in the about me and general and interests sections. But I went to look for it the other day, and the LZ page doesn't let you see all the friends anymore. I did a search for Robert Plant, but you can imagine how many hits that came up with! Never did find it again. That's too bad-it had some really hilarious things on it...the HOTH cover pic I saw on the myspace of a tribute band called ZOSO.

long story made short i started calling myself zero before i surfed web forums. my name is a deep part of me. where and how it began? i had been living as a reclusive for some years. blah blah blah , the worms were finally nearing the inner core of my brain, and surrounding my life, i forgot how old i was , my sex,my address i almost forgot everything except music. i went a little over the edge. eventually i cried out to whatever would listen and "zero"it just popped in my head one night, i took it as a sarcastic thought but as i pondered i began to believe it was placed there maybe as an epiphany maybe as a guiding light. at the time and summed up the way i felt in a positive way and negative way both. i also liked the idea of the numeral 0 being pure. emptiness disguises limitless infinity of opportunity. it's between infinity and reverse infinity. anyways i no longer smoke grade A pot , cover mirrors at night, and finally got my driver's permit again recently. here i am. yes too serious a reply to the topic. but that's the strait answer to it.

It's just a nickname I acquired at college!

It never caught on when I went to uni though, so now it's just a thing my older mates call me...quite nice really, it's like having a secret handshake or something. ^_^

Edited by Chicken

It was in the film lock, stock and two smoking barrels, I was working in Reading at the time and I still have a northern accent so my mates started calling me it. Not applicable up here in the highlands though..........as being from Lancashire I would be a soft southern shandy drinking pansy...........which I'm not.