Your Username...why'd you choose it?

PageAngel

• 2 weeks later...
I thought it came from this song

Adrian Belew - I Am What I Am

Friends seen an' unseen...to you that are ridin' along

In your automobile...to you that are sitting at you table

I greet you with the holy word 'peace'...

For with my infinite mind I thinks constructively...

And I'm able to draw whatsaever I want into my immediate

Surroundin'...for yo' minds are my mind

And my mind is yo' mind and I'm sendin' out

My mind to you, an' you, an' you...

You've got to remain to bein' yourself...you cannot be

Nobody else, it ain't no use tryin' bein' no whirlwind

An' uh, jumpin' here an' an' playin' checkers with

Your own life.. that ain't gonna work, baby...

Now repeat these words behind me:

'i am what I am'...now that's all you are...

You are what you believe you are...stretch out

So many of you all in radioland, you're not stretchin' out...

But I want to say one thing to you today...it makes no

Differen' who you are, what you're doin', what you're

Tryin' to do or want to do, repeat these words

'i am what I am and that's all I am...is what I am'...

That's all i, look, that, that's all I am is what I am...and I'm it

Make no differen' whether it's in the mornin',

The evenin', or in the night time...

Hair breakin' out, bald headed...it's the same thing...

You are what you believe you are

'cause some of you all are sittin' there right now,

Amen, an' tell if you had a necktie on yo', on now, right now,

A whirlwind would come along an' choke you to death,

That's how bad luck some of you all in...

Some of you all in such a bad luck right now

That you couldn't hit a barn with a baseball bat...

Some of you all in such a bad luck right now, amen,

If you was to sit down by-a-by-men, by a pond, amen,

Somethin' would come up an' stick ya'

You just in that bad a' luck...

I am what I am...now repeat this behind me:

'i am what I am and that is all I am and I am it'...

Yes, I know what you're sayin'...stretch out...oh, yes...stretch out

[aside]

Q: What can you tell me about the Prophet Omega who does the spoken word lyrics on "I am what I am?"

Adrian Belew: The Prophet Omega grabbed hold of my brain and I wasn't able to get rid of him. He is—or was—a radio evangelist who worked out of his apartment in Nashville. I got ahold of some tapes of his radio show, but haven't been able to locate him or determine the age of the tapes. I think they're about 15-20 years old. I felt his voice was so contagious and charismatic that I thought he should live on in one of my songs. So, I spent a day in the studio dropping my favorite lines carefully in the right place in the music so they would make sense and work rhythmically. I've listed him as a co-author, so in case a couple of hefty guys drop by my place someday, I can say "here's your money." [laughs]

stretch out! :D

:beer:

Man, I ove that song and album, er, disc!!! I like when he clears his throat sayin "all you's in radion land, you not stretchin' out..." what an excellent cd, imnsho!!! :D

Well lets see my name is Al and i used to do a lot of reading on Allister Crowley and also the old guy on top of the mountain from Zep 4 kind of had that Wizard type look to him.Anyway i combined it and thats that also have the old dude tattooed on my chest.

It's a variation of my name. I signed a card "Sus" once, and for some reason the person who got it thought it was pronounced, "Suhz" ( like "suds," without the D ). We laughed, and then some other people started calling me that. I don't even have a Z in my name.

Short version: I was too impatient to come up with a cool, Zeppelin related name because I wanted to get in here and see what was going on. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I was called Tinkerbell for a long time from my Mom and independent from this during my apprenticeship from a collegue.

Well, the name always bounced back to me from different people and so I kept it. It's somehow strange because Tinkerbell was and is still my fav figur from Peter Pan.

Tinkerbell is a fairy and means a lot for me. I'm walking on the old shaman pathes and when I'm on a journey one of the Devas providing protection is also named Tinkerbell.

My motorbike has also a fairy name which came to me when I saw her the very first time. Seems to be an old tradition in my family!

Merin Sa and cheers!

Tinkerbell

Twas my name long ago, two years ago on the other board and at that time I chose it because I was a young teen and obsessed with Robert Plant. I chose it again because I wanted a bit of familiarity but if I wouldve created something new for this other board it wouldve been "AyeMyHabibi" :)

Ok,this is weird,i though it was obvious,but rumours such as "Oh you weirdo,you're connecting yourself to Iron Maiden because of Steve Harris aren't you?",then i ask how they came up with it and they say "OMG!Steve Harris calls himself "Bomber" Harris!" and then i'm confused.

Some people somehow chose to see it as deciding proof that i'm an asshole who says he knew Phil Lynott,then they tell me that they knew him and i'm not fit to hear his music and it just turns into a fight.

So,once and for all,Zeppelin's were big blimps that were in use a lot in WW2,they flew around the place,often crashing and burning,A "Led Zeppelin" would be completely useless and would crash even easier than a regular one.

So,Bomber aircraft were also around in WW2,used to bomb things.

Zeppelins were meant to be used to bomb things but were no good at it because they are slow.

So,i picked the name as a reference to aviation in WW2.

And after i explain this i'm told "DID YOU KNOW THERE WAS A REAL WAR VETERAN CALLED BOMBER HARRIS!?!?!?!?I wonder if Steve Harris knows?You are... (Long,boring rant about how i suck and how they personally knew the great veteran and i suck because i somehow cheapen the memory or something like that)

So,I JUST PICKED IT BECAUSE ZEPPELINS WERE SUPPOSED TO BE BOMBER'S!

I do not

1.Think i am an aeroplane

2.Think i'm the bassist from Iron Maiden

3.Think i knew Phil Lynott

4.Think i am a war veteran

5.Think i know OR knew any war veteran(s)

6.Think i can fly

Now,stop telling me i suck,its a relatively simple name.