the FOOTBALL thread

Hermit

Hi Sam,all,

That is true,yet Mr. Harrison didn't put anyone in a wheel chair did he?

Handled it a lot better? That is an under statement,........ :blink:

Just as easily could have. So could Ronnie Lott. You can't hang the doing of it at his doorstep, any more than you can blame Lawrence Taylor for what he did to Joe Theismann. As for what happened afterwards, he could have done better. But I don't think a player from a rival like the Colts would stand up for him afterwards without knowing something about it. I think he gets a bad rap on how he handled that. He could have done better, but how much responsiblity should players take on for injuries that take place within the scope of regular play? I'm sure that Tatum had some demons to face, but it's a shame to see his career overshadowed by something that pales in comparison to what Bill Romonowski did, for example. Tatum was one of the hardest hitters the game has ever seen, on a par with Ronnie Lott in that department. That shouldn't be forgotten because he had a hard time facing up to what happened. This isn't Michael Vick territory here.

Hi Sam,all,

Just as easily could have. So could Ronnie Lott. You can't hang the doing of it at his doorstep, any more than you can blame Lawrence Taylor for what he did to Joe Theismann. As for what happened afterwards, he could have done better. But I don't think a player from a rival like the Colts would stand up for him afterwards without knowing something about it. I think he gets a bad rap on how he handled that. He could have done better, but how much responsiblity should players take on for injuries that take place within the scope of regular play? I'm sure that Tatum had some demons to face, but it's a shame to see his career overshadowed by something that pales in comparison to what Bill Romonowski did, for example. Tatum was one of the hardest hitters the game has ever seen, on a par with Ronnie Lott in that department. That shouldn't be forgotten because he had a hard time facing up to what happened. This isn't Michael Vick territory here.

All true,but they did not.Could have Mr. Tatum of your beloved Oakland Raiders actually talk to him,he did not,ever. Football is a part of life,if you play it,but we all have a life,football or not.

Mr Taylor,if you forget was the first to call the medical staff when he fell and then broke Mr. Theismann's leg.

As far as Vick,no it isn't,one he(only) and I say it with utter distain only hurt/ruined/killed dogs. Mr Tatum took away a wee but more.

Hi Sam,all,

All true,but they did not.Could have Mr. Tatum of your beloved Oakland Raiders actually talk to him,he did not,ever. Football is a part of life,if you play it,but we all have a life,football or not.

Mr Taylor,if you forget was the first to call the medical staff when he fell and then broke Mr. Theismann's leg.

As far as Vick,no it isn't,one he(only) and I say it with utter distain only hurt/ruined/killed dogs. Mr Tatum took away a wee but more.

Do you blame everybody who is involved in a play that ends in serious injury this way? Because what Tatum did was within the rules. There was no flag on the play. Therefore, if you let other players off the hook who are involved in serious injuries, you're doing it just because they are being nice guys, and that shouldn't be your standard, what they do on the field should.

If you want to label him an asshole for not contacting Stingley afterward, fine. Maybe he figured that Stingley didn't want to talk to him- if it were me, I might not. Tatum expressed his regrets publicly, thought not directly to Stingley. Asshole, maybe.

But that doesn't make him a felon like Vick- he didn't assault anybody, he didn't batter anybody. He played football, and he played it hard, and if what happened with that enters your consideration in any way, we should call a halt to football. Because it could happen to ANYBODY. Just how hard is too hard to hit in football? What do you think Ray Chester is talking about when he said he never saw Tatum go for someone's knee? He was talking about this, and making the point that Tatum always made straight on, legal hits. Was that lost on you? Want to tell me why you aren't taking the opinion of a respectable NFL player into account?

One more thing- are you a Pats fan? Because I think Bill Bellicheck has a lot more to answer for the state that Ted Johnson is in than Tatum does for what happened to Stingley. A LOT MORE.

your raiders were looking fairly good against the Packers for most of the first half, Sam,..

..but within a fairly short time span in the second quarter they've gone down by 0-14.

methinks its only get worse from here on out bro.

I'd say "sorry, bro",..

but..

:whistling: ..

I hate the Raiders. :P

Go Pack!! :cheer:

^_^

My Seattle Seahawks (8-4) take on division rivals Arizona Cards (6-6) later today.

If the Hawks win,.. they wrap up the NFC West Division title! :thumbsup:

your raiders were looking fairly good against the Packers for most of the first half, Sam,..

..but within a fairly short time span in the second quarter they've gone down by 0-14.

methinks its only get worse from here on out bro.

I'd say "sorry, bro",..

but..

:whistling: ..

I hate the Raiders. :P

Go Pack!! :cheer:

^_^

My Seattle Seahawks (8-4) take on division rivals Arizona Cards (6-6) later today.

If the Hawks win,.. they wrap up the NFC West Division title! :thumbsup:

I'll let it slide since our teams used to be divisional opponents. And because I can't think of a good comeback with this paper bag on my head.

ugo.gif

I'll let it slide since our teams used to be divisional opponents. And because I can't think of a good comeback with this paper bag on my head.

ugo.gif

I hope the bag isnt obstructing your view of the Seahawks rolling

along at 24-0 over the Cardinals with 7:44 to go in the first half.

B)

:cheer:

Do you blame everybody who is involved in a play that ends in serious injury this way? Because what Tatum did was within the rules. There was no flag on the play. Therefore, if you let other players off the hook who are involved in serious injuries, you're doing it just because they are being nice guys, and that shouldn't be your standard, what they do on the field should.

If you want to label him an asshole for not contacting Stingley afterward, fine. Maybe he figured that Stingley didn't want to talk to him- if it were me, I might not. Tatum expressed his regrets publicly, thought not directly to Stingley. Asshole, maybe.

But that doesn't make him a felon like Vick- he didn't assault anybody, he didn't batter anybody. He played football, and he played it hard, and if what happened with that enters your consideration in any way, we should call a halt to football. Because it could happen to ANYBODY. Just how hard is too hard to hit in football? What do you think Ray Chester is talking about when he said he never saw Tatum go for someone's knee? He was talking about this, and making the point that Tatum always made straight on, legal hits. Was that lost on you? Want to tell me why you aren't taking the opinion of a respectable NFL player into account?

Thank you.

Football is a very violent sport. You are taught to hit hard, give up your body all the way from Junior league to the NFL. You don't teach all week to a player to do his job and then say ease up on Sunday.

Every snap is a potential car wreck.

so the Lions came out and played pretty well, and actually decided to run the ball, which they can clearly do effectively when Martz decides to. But the difference in the game was their inability to convert in the Red Zone in the first half. 1st and goal from the 1, and only came away with a field goal. Did it again on the next drive, and that was the difference in the game. Instead of being up 28-14 at halftime, they were up 20-14, then went on to lose 28-27. That's the difference between good teams and bad teams...bad teams have mistakes and missed opportunities that come back to cost them the game, and good teams make plays to win.

Another step closer to the 2 "Dream Seasons"...New England crushes Pittsburgh 34-13, and Miami loses again.

For the Patroits, it's the Dream Season; for Miami, it's a diaster.........this is how low one team will go.......at least they'll have two records in the HOF; first team to go undefeated & win a championship and the first to go 0-16.......two sides of the spectrum. :)

I cannot believe those #$%^ Cowboys won. I was watching the game while working out at the gym and when I left, the Lions were up 27-14 with all the momentum.....and they lost!!! I saw that second TD Romo threw.....I don't know what kind of "throw" that was but Barber caught it.....unbelievable!!

Do you think the Lions should've went for the two when they scored their 3rd TD to make it 19-7??? I thought they should've had....it was risky but the Cowboys offense is so explosive.

Archived