the FOOTBALL thread

Hermit

Giants won!!!! Two great games!!....wonder what next week will bring...will it be status quo or will one of the underdogs (Chargers/Giants) make it to the show??!! B)

Are the lines out yet for the championship games? I don't play the point spread; I'm just curious how large (or small) they will be.

Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total

1/20 3:00 ET At New England -15 San Diego 49.5

1/20 6:30 ET At Green Bay -7 NY Giants 42

Hi all,

Giants won!!!! Two great games!!....wonder what next week will bring...will it be status quo or will one of the underdogs (Chargers/Giants) make it to the show??!! B)

Are the lines out yet for the championship games? I don't play the point spread; I'm just curious how large (or small) they will be.

All great games!!!

I don't have any -lines-,...yet.

Both the Pat's& the Pack should be favored,....

Going with my Pat's,...sorry bolt fans,....

Taking the Packers over the G-men,Brett is awesome and never mind,.... :huh:

KB

Hi all,

All great games!!!

I don't have any -lines-,...yet.

Both the Pat's& the Pack should be favored,....

Going with my Pat's,...sorry bolt fans,....

Taking the Packers over the G-men,Brett is awesome and never mind,.... :huh:

KB

I see someone has already posted the point spread.

Date & Time Favorite Line Underdog Total

1/20 3:00 ET At New England -15 San Diego 49.5

1/20 6:30 ET At Green Bay -7 NY Giants 42

Pats only favored by 15...I thought it would be higher considering the Chargers are limping into the championship game (Rivers/Tomlinson/Gates/Castillo) ???!!! Well, at least the Chargers are getting some respect. They are probably the second hottest team in the league (having won 8 in a row).....right behind the Pats. B)

Packers vs Pats would be a cool Super Bowl. I don't want the Giants to get in because Eli Manning is a twat. I still hate him for his draft-day bullshit, refusing to play for the Chargers and standing up there scowling while he held the Chargers jersey. It's a priviledge to play in the NFL, you're going to get to play a game for a living and make millions doing it, so to try and dictate who you are drafted by and refuse to play for certain teams is obnoxious and shows a total lack of perspective. Whiney little bitch.

don't want the Giants to get in because Eli Manning is a twat. I still hate him for his draft-day bullshit, refusing to play for the Chargers and standing up there scowling while he held the Chargers jersey. It's a priviledge to play in the NFL, you're going to get to play a game for a living and make millions doing it, so to try and dictate who you are drafted by and refuse to play for certain teams is obnoxious and shows a total lack of perspective. Whiney little bitch.

And as a fellow little brother, I think just the opposite. I hope Eli takes the Giants all the way. He's had a rough apprenticeship in the Big Apple, but he is playing very well lately.....within himself. It's not easy growing up in the shadow of your Father and older brother, but he's done it with class in a rough town. As far as draft day, I'm sure Daddy's career with the 'Aints played a major role in that decision. If the Lions drafted him, he wouldn't have even held up the jersey.

Ain't football something ? All I heard about was San Diego's depth at running back. Not a word about about how San Diego's Offensive line tore Indy to shreds. My pickup truck could have fit thru those holes !

Packers vs Pats would be a cool Super Bowl. I don't want the Giants to get in because Eli Manning is a twat. I still hate him for his draft-day bullshit, refusing to play for the Chargers and standing up there scowling while he held the Chargers jersey. It's a priviledge to play in the NFL, you're going to get to play a game for a living and make millions doing it, so to try and dictate who you are drafted by and refuse to play for certain teams is obnoxious and shows a total lack of perspective. Whiney little bitch.

It would be very cool, as it would be a rematch of Super Bowl XXXI (the one that turned a ten-year-old girl from Indiana into a cheese head). Packers came out on top by 14 and everyone finally learned how to pronounce "Favre" :lol: Though a rematch would definitely, my absolute hatred for the Patriots doesn't want to see them get that far...So, here's to hoping for a meeting between the Packers and the Chargers on the big day!

Don't you think Chargers-Giants SB matchup would be intriguing? Eli Manning vs. the team he turned his back on......Rivers vs Manning Part II??!! :D

Packers vs Pats (whose the hometeam in SB this year?) would be a fun SB (I'm sure Fox is rooting for this matchup in the big game)!

And as a fellow little brother, I think just the opposite. I hope Eli takes the Giants all the way. He's had a rough apprenticeship in the Big Apple, but he is playing very well lately.....within himself. It's not easy growing up in the shadow of your Father and older brother, but he's done it with class in a rough town. As far as draft day, I'm sure Daddy's career with the 'Aints played a major role in that decision. If the Lions drafted him, he wouldn't have even held up the jersey.

Ain't football something ? All I heard about was San Diego's depth at running back. Not a word about about how San Diego's Offensive line tore Indy to shreds. My pickup truck could have fit thru those holes !

Yes it is!!! I'm not a big Charger fan but I was happy they won. I like rooting for underdogs (and they were big underdogs-no one gave them much of a shot). And realize this, they beat the defending SB champs!!!

the effin Colts cost me a bundle yesterday!

You should have seen it coming. Too many points for one thing. Freely gone. As for the post of the guy above, I am rooting for the dogs but realistically cant see anything but a New England/Green bay Super Bowl. Not impossible for the upset to happen, but if it does expect it to happen in only one of the two games. Green Bay might give New England all they can handle. They are not as good as their record ini my opinion. they were handed a couple of wins (like the Baltimore game) by the damn Zebras. Fucking refs are ruining the game.

You should have seen it coming. Too many points for one thing. Freely gone. As for the post of the guy above, I am rooting for the dogs but realistically cant see anything but a New England/Green bay Super Bowl. Not impossible for the upset to happen, but if it does expect it to happen in only one of the two games. Green Bay might give New England all they can handle. They are not as good as their record ini my opinion. they were handed a couple of wins (like the Baltimore game) by the damn Zebras. Fucking refs are ruining the game.

it was a staight up pick, no points.....

and with rivers and LT on the sidelines in the 4th quarter? i'm still in shock the colts lost

it was a staight up pick, no points.....

and with rivers and LT on the sidelines in the 4th quarter? i'm still in shock the colts lost

Once a team wins it all they lose that extra hunger and desperation. They get fat and happy and lazy. Some of them are thinking more of those beaches in Hawaaii. But you would have thought that LT would have been the differance maker if the Chargers were going to win. Betting the horses is a far better proposition than betting on football. Always was and always will be.,

Question: the AFC championship game will be on first followed by the NFC Championship.

I thought I heard earlier last week that the NFC Championship would be the early game followed by the AFC Championship game, not the other way around.

Did the upsets have anything to do with the change in schedule? I'm surprised they didn't leave it as it was...the Pats are the big draw in their date with destiny (19-0). I'm surprised that the Packers/Giants are getting the pm game...and it will be cold in Wisconsin.....brrrrr!!!

Now that I think about it, it's Favre vs the team in the biggest media market in the country. B)

Archived