Jimmy's Hair

Cat

i dont think it was permed. i think its just that hes gotten older it has thinned a bit. actually a good haircut is prob all he had. one which layered it more and thinned out all the "frizz". it was very thick in his younger days. but i love his hair in any style.

i dont think it was permed. i think its just that hes gotten older it has thinned a bit. actually a good haircut is prob all he had. one which layered it more and thinned out all the "frizz". it was very thick in his younger days. but i love his hair in any style.

In the Stairway to Heaven book by that Richard Cole, it says that Peter and Richard used to call Jimmy "doll" (without him to know) as he used to take good care and time in styling his hair before any gig.... :lol::lol:

In the Stairway to Heaven book by that Richard Cole, it says that Peter and Richard used to call Jimmy "doll" (without him to know) as he used to take good care and time in styling his hair before any gig.... :lol::lol:

:lol: That's funny! I think Jimmy's hair may have just changed when he had a lot of it cut off. When I first grew my hair, it got quite long and it was poker straight, but then I cut it and it went wavy. Even though it's growing longer now, it's still wavy, different from how it was before. Maybe his hair just went curlier when he cut it?

i was reading this book lastt night and they called him " the old girl ". anyway the book is widely regarded as mostly fictional....so who knows . cheers.

and yeah i think his hair looked glossy and shiny in that pic, not dirty at all.

i was reading this book lastt night and they called him " the old girl ". anyway the book is widely regarded as mostly fictional....so who knows . cheers.

and yeah i think his hair looked glossy and shiny in that pic, not dirty at all.

Well… it says that in the George Case bio of Jimmy, so I think it's likely… :lol:

In Hammer of the Gods, Jimmy supposedly used a curling iron, and would primp for hours getting his hair "just right".

OH yeah… I think that's a quote from Pamela Des Barres… right?

:lol: That's funny! I think Jimmy's hair may have just changed when he had a lot of it cut off. When I first grew my hair, it got quite long and it was poker straight, but then I cut it and it went wavy. Even though it's growing longer now, it's still wavy, different from how it was before. Maybe his hair just went curlier when he cut it?

Maybe that is the case.Still I'd like to think he used hot rollers on his hair to get that beautiful curly effect hahaha.. Jimmy Doll :rolleyes:

I also wonder what he might have looked with the complete wet look (after shampooing his hair) :lol::lol:

When you cut your hair the 'waves' get tighter and turn into curls. But yeah, I think he started having perms from about '73 on. Because when you look at pictures of him from '72, his hair is roughly the same length as '73 but has a 'kink' to it rather than a curl.

I think he definitely had it permed in the 80s too.

I've read in a few books, The Definitive Bio by Ritchie Yorke being the most reliable IMO, that JP used to curl his hair with a curling iron.

He was very fussy about his hair and wanted it just so.

Of course he got ribbed for it by the others. ;)

In some of the pictures, I think his hair was teased, which would make it look kind of frizzy.

Did he perm his hair while dying it black? BTW, his natural hair color was dark brown - wasn't it? If so, why in the world did he go for Morticia Addams black when he started dying it? IMO, it was way too severe and phony looking. Glad he's au natural now.

When you cut your hair the 'waves' get tighter and turn into curls. But yeah, I think he started having perms from about '73 on. Because when you look at pictures of him from '72, his hair is roughly the same length as '73 but has a 'kink' to it rather than a curl.

I think he definitely had it permed in the 80s too.

I would pay money to see Jimmy Page with perm rods in his hair. Priceless. :)

I presume this is from the late 80's - looks like over processed hair to me (from experience). I don't know who the other guy in the photo is, but I'd love to have his lapel pin.

51edr4.jpg

Archived