Houston 1977 video

dexter

I guess we want to see Houston 77 to see Page fall down during the beginning of Rock and Roll and also the full excess of drug use by the band.

No.... "Full Excess" is well documented in the Kingdome show of that year.

The Houston show was Excellent to see and hear, in person.

Not an average show, by any means...... You'll have to look elsewhere for Full excess.....

R&R was an encore, and yes, they probably had a Coke before they came out for the encore......

People that never saw Zeppelin in person on a good or great night.....

Are living in a different Universe..... than the rest of us...

Isn't it true that you are just upset that you told the whole world that Freezer's Baton Rouge '77 tape was going to be released and was thrown to the wolves for it? Now, it'll stay locked away till that old cranky bastard kicks the bucket.

I knew from the get-go that Freezer had sent the show to specific people with specific instructions NOT to share it upload it anywhere. And these people comply 'cos they're afraid that if they go against Freezer's wishes that he'll turn off the tap to them. His fucking hoarder mentality is contagious, you know. I blabbed 'cos I wanted to goad Freezer into admitting that those were his intentions (which he did). Hell, there was one guy here on this forum (in another thread) who couldn't resist blabbing that he'd been sent the Baton Rouge show...until I pointed out that he'd been taken for a ride and it wasn't Baton Rouge '77 he'd been sent but one of the early '75 shows. And I don't beleive this particular rube had been back since.

Upset? Actually I was having a hell of a good time proving everything people said about Freezer and the RO con artists was true! 'Cos as soon as those Hotel bastards caught wind that BR'77 might make an appearance, they couldn't wait to tip off the bootleggers. Hell, I wouldn't have minded getting my hands on that show, but I also figured, what the hell- we've lived without it for thirty one years as it is.

I wasn't thrown to the wolves. I prefer the term 'self sacrifice'...martyrdom.

But this thread is about the bullshit Houston '77 video, right? I still maintain it doesn't exist, and was only another one of the Hotel's lies. And it's working, isn't it? People still join that group and kiss the moderators ass.

"Where DO these NEW SOURCES of old Led Zeppelin RUMOURS come from, anyway????"

What are we talking about here? Pro-shot from the big screen such as Earls/Knebworth/Seattle? Or another hand-held menage of partial songs?

The Houston Who show from 1975 and Queen from 1977 are both proshot (and complete and KICKASS!) and are now in wide circulation. This has everybody hoping and is generating rumors.

• 1 month later...

:rolleyes:

Sweet Christ Almighty...don't tell me that bonehead "jesusmurphy" is a fucking member here!!! That boy -and I use that term lightly- clearly has some serious issues... I defy him to put in an appearance over at "the Hotel" and spew his drivel over there...he wouldn't last five minutes before being run out on a rail like he was at the Den and over at the Stones IORR forum...right, jesustroll????

But I digress...

The Houston '77 show has its fair share of detractors, but ANY pro-shot footage from that tour would be better than that abomination of a Seattle show! I sat through that whole thing once and wanted my three and a half hours back. My wife was like, "Why are we watching this? Jimmy can't play and Robert can't sing..." Jonesy's bit in "No Quarter" and Bonzo's final drum solo were the only redeeming things about Seattle, IMO.

:rolleyes:

Sweet Christ Almighty...don't tell me that bonehead "jesusmurphy" is a fucking member here!!! That boy -and I use that term lightly- clearly has some serious issues... I defy him to put in an appearance over at "the Hotel" and spew his drivel over there...he wouldn't last five minutes before being run out on a rail like he was at the Den and over at the Stones IORR forum...right, jesustroll????

But I digress...

The Houston '77 show has its fair share of detractors, but ANY pro-shot footage from that tour would be better than that abomination of a Seattle show! I sat through that whole thing once and wanted my three and a half hours back. My wife was like, "Why are we watching this? Jimmy can't play and Robert can't sing..." Jonesy's bit in "No Quarter" and Bonzo's final drum solo were the only redeeming things about Seattle, IMO.

Yep Seattle may be one of the worst shows Zeppelin ever did. That was flat out a terrible gig by the band. Even Bonzo was off on that gig.

True...it was pretty much Bonham's night...maybe the fishing was good! :D

It seems to me that, with only a few notable exceptions, John Henry always rose to the occasion. Particularly if Page was having an off night. More relevant to the topic at hand...Houston was more or less the same: off night for Pagey; Bonham shone.

Yes. It's not a HUGE upgrade, but it is slightly better.

thanks. I have the genuine masters version which is pretty good ,especially the sound, but was wondering what was the best one for visuals is. Genuine masters seems to have the best sounding versions of shows but not always the best visual quality eg. earls court 24th and both knebworth shows.

cheers

Despite the endless speculation, there is no proof of it's existence.

In fact there are people who went to the show (in this very thread) who say they saw NO cameras, NO video screens, NO nothing. It seems that there is evidence that there is NO video. (Too bad!)

When people who were THERE are saying, repeatedly, that there wasn't the means at the show for there to be a pro shot Houston video, I'd say it's time to give the whole topic a rest.

I bet whoever it was who started the years old rumour that there was a Houston '77 video must be kicking themselves by now over the shitstorm they've caused. Or laughing their balls off. Either way, they're evil. Besides, if there WAS a video, odds are it would have appeared by now...easy money no right-thinking bootleg company could pass up. Right?

In hindsight, I'd be willing to bet that Seattle is the only '77 pro shot video we'll see. Why else would everybody and their dog keep re-releasing the damned thing, if they actually had something fresh to offer at their disposal?

• 8 months later...

Archived