Marshall vs Vox

shiela

VOX AC30 yeah!

i love mine, personally i wouldn't shell out money for a marshall unless i needed the volume of a 100watt amp, and would buy a reissue 1959SLP. or even a Metropolus copy.

here is me with my Fender Esquire (single pickup telecaster ala jeff beck era yardbirds) And some of the Amp in the backgronud of playing with the band.

IMG_2987.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg

l_2926734ee71cdfa53640bce25c02318d.jpg

l_58ad9942bae4266e7293ecaeb139df4a.jpg

l_7ee3043ec8658dd89c28b9dc81f8362d.jpg

I have owned several amps over the years. When I was young and on the road with my band in the late 70's early 80's, I had a HiWatt 100w w/4x12 cab paired with a Les Paul. Loved the sound, much warmer than a Marshall, even though we were playing a lot of Zeppelin at the time. Now I have a Line6 and play an '81 BC Rich Eagle. Love them both. The range of sounds I can get is amazing and I don't have to drag around an effects board. My son uses a small Marshall and loves it but is also coming around to liking my Line6.

• 3 weeks later...

"There is no better or worse, just your opinion" Derek Trucks

I think thats what he said, im not ever sure if it is Derek or not, but its somethin along those lines, i was just trying to remember it from an interveiw, but basically, just try them both, neither is better than each other, it is all based on your opinion, if u like Vox, stick with it, same with Marshalls. In my personal opinion i like Marshalls, that doesnt mean they are better than Vox.

Hi all,

For shits and giggles, a stock 1988 Squire (yes, a cheap-ass Squire)Telecaster flogged within an inch of its life! (my bar band 1995.)

Holy Batman!Ev,that rocks! A Squire? A left handed bassist? And you have long hair!! :D

What was your rig?Sounds fantastic!!!! :yay:

KB (shower/car singer)

I've never really been a fan of Marshall, and I haven't played through enough Vox amps to really be able to pass judgement on them. I personally love Traynors...especially the early-mid 70's models.

I have a Traynor YCV50 Blue, that I love, but I just upgraded to the new Marshall line to have more gain, and 3x the channels

I was wantin to get a Vox to run in tandem with the Traynor, but the AC30 had virtually no balls, at least compared to the Traynor.

I think a Vox could be your best buddy, if you are a knob turner, but thats just not my style. I like to plug and play, and get right down to business.

For my money, no Vox can compare to a newer Marshall.

Archived