Page Interview in Japan

stairway71

They will do it because they will become immortal legends if they come back and rock the stage. They want to do it. I never had the chance to see them because i am too young but i did get a chance to see Robert Plant and it was sick. They will do it because they might as well. I NEED TO GO TO THE SHOW!!!!

:wtf:

http://www.collectorsmusicreviews.com/anno...he-fourth-time/

Pic of Jimmy Page in a Tokyo bootleg store

Could someone enlighten me as to why JP buys bootlegs?

He has been known to sue people for selling bootlegs too.

It seems to controdict itself.

BTW, nice pics of him in the store and the other pics in this thread. Nice vid link too.

Could someone enlighten me as to why JP buys bootlegs?

He has been known to sue people for selling bootlegs too.

It seems to controdict itself.

BTW, nice pics of him in the store and the other pics in this thread. Nice vid link too.

Well, he is not buying them. They are given to him, or else.

Hi, I'm from Argentina. and i'll be glad if they come here to rock. but i'm afraid that someone may say that they do it for comertial reazons or for the money. like happened when an argentinian band Soda Stereo may they turn back and made a tour around america.

I'll been waiting for them, anyway. I can't wait for listen them live.

February 29th 2000 saw the release of 'Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes Live at the Greek' available exclusively from MelodyMaker.com. Extensive press and promotional

duties were fulfilled. (It was subsequently released on TVT Records July 4th 2000).

Not that it matters much, but the website was Musicmaker.com. Melody Maker is the old British rock magazine back a few years.

Hi just had to reply. I think this is actually very positive. WE ALL KNOW PLANT is committed to the Raising Sand project and I for one am quite looking forward to the Stockholm show. That said I must ask how many out there a year ago would have actually been discussing the possibility of a Zeptour after a hugely successful reunion concert. Not too many huh? If we've been waiting 19 years what is a few months more in reality?

I was lucky enough to attend both the soundcheck and reunion concert and the geniune smiles on the bands faces at least makes me entirely confident of the future of the band in some form.

Cheers :)

Well, he is not buying them. They are given to him, or else.

:lol: Maybe it's just late, but that made me laugh. THanks.

I think JP, JPJ and JB should go on tour together without RP. Maybe they can get Coverdale to sing. :rolleyes:

Last time JP make a record with Coverdale, it didn't take long for RP to come around.

Christ, this tantalizing news really got my blood pumping when I read it on the CNN crawl. Let it not be a dry hump!

If things pan out, I will of course make any long drive necessary to fulfill my ultimate concert dream, but I hope like hell they decide to make a stop in nearby Charlottesville, Virginia - the name of the brand new venue is the John Paul Jones Arena.

What could possibly be more perfect than that?

:D

Columbia Records dropped them when they're 5th album, 'By Your Side', failed to sell. The V2 record label did not sign them until after they'd reaped the benefit of touring with Jimmy.

It was actually Ross who first suggested Jimmy work with them, way back in June 1999.

Jimmy needed a band for an upcoming charity gig on June 27 1999 at the Cafe du Paris

in London. The Black Crowes had just played Wembley, and readily accepted the offer.

They rehearsed the night before and performed a ten-song set at the charity gig.

Two months later, Black Crowes manager Peter Angelus called Jimmy and asked if he'd

be interested in a touring collaboration. Jimmy readily agreed, and they held two days

of rehearsals following the Oct 9th 1999 Net Aid benefit concert at Giants Stadium in

East Rutherford, NJ. This was followed by six shows in seven days (Manhattan, Worcester, MA and the Greek Theater in Griffith Park, Los Angeles).

February 29th 2000 saw the release of 'Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes Live at the Greek' available exclusively from MelodyMaker.com. Extensive press and promotional

duties were fulfilled. (It was subsequently released on TVT Records July 4th 2000).

April 14th 2000 saw the announcement of North American tour dates in tandem with

The Who, whom were also managed by Bill Curbishley. A total of seven dates in July

and August were performed before the remainder were cancelled on account of a

back injury Jimmy sustained.

The Black Crowes were signed soonafter by V2 and released their sixth album in 2001.

Thanks for that. :beer:

Sorry for the repost, only caught the news this morning , I was listening to Rock N Roll and checked the news to see it was there! Page eyes world tour!

I dont care how long I have to wait! So long as there is one! Ill travel over the hills and far away to see them!

Please have Canadian Dates on the tour! lol...

"The amount of work we put into O2 was what you would normally put into a world tour anyway,"

"We wanted people who might not have even been alive in 1980 when we finished to understand what we were,"

Source: http://www.jam.canoe.ca/Music/2008/01/28/4798041-ap.html

I was born 3 years after 1980! haha... a once in a life time chance to see them live! *keeps the fingers crossed*

Here are some more photos from Tokyo, Japan 1-28-08

42-19523217.jpg

photo by Michael Caronna

Japan08.jpg

photo by Franck Robichon

12808Japan-1.jpg

photo by Franck Robichon

128082.jpg

photo by Franck Robichon

matrix jimmy!!! :P he looks cool B) i know i´m stupid...

i have hope for a world tour

I agree with you. I believe Plant and Krauss US tour will extend after their European dates.

Probably June and July in the US (Atlanta (Chastain Ampitheatre) and other dates will be added probably within the next month or so).

Keeping my fingers crossed for the Real Deal (Zep reunion Tour in September or afterwards).

R B)

www.myspace.com/reidstevens

Sorry, yes I know it was an AP report, but it is being posted on the Yahoo main site (with the link "Led Zeppelin guitarist wants . . "). That's what I meant.

Don't worry about it. I just thought that some readers might think that it was Yahoo rather than AP who assigned that headline to the piece. :beer:

If there was going to be no Led Zeppelin activity, they would just say "NO". Easy as pie. You would hear it from Robert first. With things as they are, with the hype, fan expectations, the generous offers from well heeled businessmen and internet news echoes, they could clear everything up with a categorical denial. In this context, any non denial statement is in fact a statement of future possibility. I don't claim to know something that the doubters don't, indeed the opposite. But I directly challenge their argument that Page and Plant are saying "maybe" frivolously.

No=No Maybe=Yes

Here are some more photos from Tokyo, Japan 1-28-08

42-19523217.jpg

photo by Michael Caronna

Japan08.jpg

photo by Franck Robichon

12808Japan-1.jpg

photo by Franck Robichon

128082.jpg

photo by Franck Robichon

GAHHH!! songbird's day officially made. :D :D (Honestly, where is the drooling emoticon??)

Songbird, I know that there are more than a few of us on this board from back in the LZ days who are not surprised that Jimmy said that. We could choose to spend our time on other bands' forums, posting our memories, etc. but b/c Zep were who they were - and still are - after all these years, we are here. :beer:

He's an angel. :D

If there was going to be no Led Zeppelin activity, they would just say "NO". Easy as pie. You would hear it from Robert first. With things as they are, with the hype, fan expectations, the generous offers from well heeled businessmen and internet news echoes, they could clear everything up with a categorical denial. In this context, any non denial statement is in fact a statement of future possibility. I don't claim to know something that the doubters don't, indeed the opposite. But I directly challenge their argument that Page and Plant are saying "maybe" frivolously.

No=No Maybe=Yes

Agreed. I think that if they said that maybe they will, obviously they want to do it, but first they have to stop doing what they are doing right now.

Archived