Page Interview in Japan

stairway71

Yay sounds awesome. I wish they came to Finland or even Sweden. Oh f*uck it, I'd travel to Germany just to see them. :lol:

But I must not get too excited yet. It's not certain yet, is it?

And it might never happen... :(

maybe its just the lighting, but does Jimmy's hair look like it's slowly getting darker? Grecian Formula? :lol:

I think it's the lighting. I am glad he's growing his hair longer; was not a fan of the short coiffure.

Hello....

Well..I'd rather he join the Spice Girls instead of The Backstreet Boys...the Boys haven't been the same since Kevin left...

I imagine Jimmy can dance....and with those ruffles...well...the SG or BB may just be giving him a call!!!!

Juliet

I guess you don't.

BTW - what was that announcement again?

The announcement issssssssssssss.

1.When people talk they are announcing something

a. JIMMY MADE ONE

b. YOU DIDNT LISTEN

c. YOU NEVER DO.

2. Next announcement

a. Quit picking fights just to act big. It impresses only the alternate personalities running amuck in your head.

:hysterical::hysterical:

The announcement issssssssssssss.

1.When people talk they are announcing something

a. JIMMY MADE ONE

b. YOU DIDNT LISTEN

c. YOU NEVER DO.

2. Next announcement

a. Quit picking fights just to act big. It impresses only the alternate personalities running amuck in your head.

:hysterical::hysterical:

Knebby wasn't picking a fight as I see it. She, like other people here don't see anything definitive as far as a confirmation of a tour to come from what Jimmy (or Robert for that matter) have said to the press. Just because he said nothing can happen right now doesn't mean it therefore WILL happen in the future. Zep have always been elusive with the press. I don't take it to mean anything.

Knebby wasn't picking a fight as I see it. She, like other people here don't see anything definitive as far as a confirmation of a tour to come from what Jimmy (or Robert for that matter) have said to the press. Just because he said nothing can happen right now doesn't mean it therefore WILL happen in the future. Zep have always been elusive with the press. I don't take it to mean anything.

Well,

I wasnt picking on you anyways. The idea is I think, many get tired of being how shall we say "underestimated" as fans. Or that others have the right to an opine withough snied like remarks being hammered at them. You sound very reasonable. If they could make an announcement its clear they would, at least as far as I see it, others can see it different, but lets say you plan TONIGHT to go in to work tomorrow, and everyone you know who knows your past history expects you to come through for you because they have FAITH? Then you have someone come along trying to pull their faith and yours out from under you? We know what Kneb meant, she is good at snied comments it's her signature as mine is laughter.

I say we sweep it under the rug and go the the pub. Everyone has had a long day, especially me.

Dont pull peoples faith and friends away from them, bad bad move. By anyones standards.

Jeanne is good people. Knebby I dont know that well because I dont understand her. But I was trying to help a friend as you are trying to help one. Which is good I guess.

Truce? or do we get in the mudpits?

Hey we all love a good sneeze at somone now and again, if we didnt we would be weak in the knees.

Shadow

Well,

I wasnt picking on you anyways. The idea is I think, many get tired of being how shall we say "underestimated" as fans. Or that others have the right to an opine withough snied like remarks being hammered at them. You sound very reasonable. If they could make an announcement its clear they would, at least as far as I see it, others can see it different, but lets say you plan TONIGHT to go in to work tomorrow, and everyone you know who knows your past history expects you to come through for you because they have FAITH? Then you have someone come along trying to pull their faith and yours out from under you? We know what Kneb meant, she is good at snied comments its her signature as mine is laughter.

I say we sweep it under the rub and go the the pub. Everyone has had a long day, especially me.

Dont pull peoples faith and friends away from them, bad bad move. By anyones standards.

Shadow

I know you weren't picking on me. I wasn't trying to take anyone's thoughts or hopes away. I dont' quite get your comment about pulling people's friends either as I said nothing about anyone other than my observation on what I interpreted Knebby's post. I was simply stating my thoughts and I don't have any expectations anyone will agree or disagree. Yes we're all entitled to them and we can't all agree. I just thought it wasn't necessary to go after Knebby when she too was just offering her take on things and raising a question to something someone posted.

Hey....I'll drink to that....off to the pub/karoke bar it is...

I wonder if anyone will sing a Zep tune this eve...

Juliet

PS CHEERS

PSS I wonder if Jimmy got home from Japan o.k.?

==

QUOTE (ninelives @ Feb 1 2008, 09:31 PM)

I just thought it wasn't necessary to go after Knebby when she too was just offering her take on things and raising a question to something someone posted.

She is not the only member here that offer's their take on things. You act like she's the Queen Bee

This post has been edited by Jeanne: Today, 09:39 PM

=

Hee,

So off to the pub it is this thread is dead...

Cheers,

Shadow

PS I could use a jukebox tune or some good music and a glass of wine anyways>>>>YES. Under rug.

Shadow - I have no interest in getting into it with you or anyone. Knebby is a mate. I like her a lot and I think she offers a lot to this board. We disagree on that. Let's leave it at that.

Jeanne - Who's disrespecting Jimmy? I've not said one thing against him. Again, I'm just offering my thoughts as are other people. I'm not after anyone for disagreeing but I sense you seem to have some strong feelings we should all agree with you. I apologize if I'm misunderstanding you but that's my feeling.

I forgot to mention, when the tabloids quoted Jimmy Page as saying "we let the genie out of the bottle" he meant something now didn't he B)

Bottom line: The press asked Mr. Page point blank: "Is there going to be a world tour" and Jimmy Page did not say no.

At that point he could of dispelled all hope of a tour and quieted the rumors.

So obviously he is leaving the possibility on the table. Get it through your narrow minds.

A man of such high standing wouldn't tease the public.

Respect for Mr. Page please.

:thanku:

We obviously fucking understand that. Some people are just acting like he announced dates for a goddamn tour. FAR FROM THE TRUTH. I don't think anyone here is saying "No, Led Zeppelin is NOTNOTNOT going to tour no way", all they are saying is that in this particular news conference JIMMY PAGE DID NOT CONFIRM A TOUR. People are acting like he did and already logging onto Ticketmaster with credit cards in hand ready to order the damn tickets, and its absolutely ridiculous!! I had a kid at school run up to me shouting "Did you hear the news!! Led Zeppelin is going on tour! It's true! Jimmy Page said so! It was on the news! Blahblahblah I'm a dumbass!" He was 100% convinced that there was tour already booked. I just don't get how!!

Nice mouth <_<

Speak for yourself, who died and made you boss here.

Those are your friends dear. That is not my opinion. The facts are as follows:

Jimmy Page did not deny the possibility of a tour. What don't you get :rolleyes:

You obviously have a hard time with reading. Where did I say that he denied the possibility of a tour?

Jeanne - you've said unkind things about Knebby accusing her of going after people who disagree yet you've felt I was out of place and now you're going after Songbird who also was just sharing HER opinion. Who's the one who's having issue with a difference of interpretation? Why not just accept people see things different and it's not a right or wrong. Just sharing of thoughts.

Excuse me but I do believe You and Songbird were going after me. Read the board, you responded to my post. The den of wolves is well known amongst the members of this forum and I will not tolerate anyone, including myself being belittled, harassed or cursed at.

Who's the one having an issue with a difference of opinion? Look at how you responded to what I wrote. All I said was Jimmy Page did not deny a tour and the wolves came out.

So take your OWN advice, accept the fact that people see things differently. It would be a lot nicer if people did that now wouldn't it.

Just sharing thoughts dear :)

I wasn't going after you Jeanne. I haven't harrassed, belittled or cursed at you once. Calling me dear is belittling ME though. I just questioned some things you posted but I don't think my tone was aggressive like yours is. I'm not telling you to do things. I'm trying to be reasonable here but I feel you have been on the defensive. I have no problem with the fact you believe there might be a tour. I've not once said that.

I'm not interested in arguing with you so let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Oh God, I promised just a day or so ago that I wasn't going to foist my opinion on anybody else because it always seems to lead to problems. But three of the best and most knowledgable and thoughtful people on this forum--Knebby, ninelives, and songbird--have now been attacked, for absolutely nothing. They stated their views, and then found themselves accused of attacks, elitism, whatever. All they were stating--rightly in my view, though I admit (like them) that others see things differently--was that Jimmy did not state in positive language that Zeppelin was going to tour. That's it, that's all they were saying. There's nothing insulting toward Jimmy in that. Obviously, everybody here is a fan of Jimmy, and of the band. I find it very distressing that these days people are constantly starting unnecessary fights, which is something I never used to associate with this board, and one of the reasons I preferred it to other boards.

Take the catfight elsewhere, kids.

Jimmy Page neither confirmed nor denied there would be any more Led Zeppelin concerts. Period. End of story.

And Jeanne, you're dense if you couldn't read the sarcasm and hyperbole in Knebby's comment about Page and the Spice Girls.

There's a reason Knebby's respected here among many longtime members. Remember, you're the one who said the meeting a month ago was "more than just a meeting." How'd that turn out so far? Or that Page was promoting "more than Mothership" -- which was proven to be untrue as well.

Jeanne, no one's saying Jimmy denied the possibility of a tour. They're just saying he didn't say there would be one. Seems to me that he shouldn't have said anything about touring because too many people are misconstruing what he said.

I did not say an unkind word about Knebby, oh dear God forbid. I just didn't agree with her as she didn't agree with me.

I don't appreciate being sworn at in this forum and how can you say I am being unkind when Songbird just swore at me. Please show respect for other people.

:thanku:

This is pointless and nothing to do with Zep. Have fun. :wave:

Archived