Jimmy Page Les Paul guitar reissue

JethroTull

Ill settle for a gold standard. Know Im going to pay in the neighborhood of $2500-$2700 tops. Never get that deal from those pricks at GC. At least the one here-rip off city!

Oh, I will buy one for $3000....remember, I am from England so the dollar is like half price for me. :lol: I might be going to America later this year so I am saving up for a guitar to get over there. :thumbsup:

Ill settle for a gold standard. Know Im going to pay in the neighborhood of $2500-$2700 tops. Never get that deal from those pricks at GC. At least the one here-rip off city!

Depends on who you know! My pal at GC got me my Gibson EDS1275 for $1600, and my $6000 Custom Shop '59 LP reissue for $3200. B)

Um, well unless I'm seeing things, the site says that they're $6000.

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/guitars/jimmy-p...x.cfm?section=3

Well, the profit margin on sig models (especially Jimmy's) is negligable. There's little to no room to move no matter who you know. I was just sympathizing with my friend above. Yeah, if a Page model is listed at $6000, you're gonna pay $6000.

At least! :beer:

Well, the profit margin on sig models (especially Jimmy's) is negligable. There's little to no room to move no matter who you know. I was just sympathizing with my friend above. Yeah, if a Page model is listed at $6000, you're gonna pay $6000.

At least! :beer:

And they'll only go up if you wait. I decided to wait on the Duane Allman Les Paul . . . and now you can't get one for less than 10K. :rolleyes:

Good to see you round the place, Ev! :D

Oh, I will buy one for $3000....remember, I am from England so the dollar is like half price for me. :lol: I might be going to America later this year so I am saving up for a guitar to get over there. :thumbsup:

On Ebay you can get a '58 Historic Reissue for $2000. Here are 2 that went for $2000. I'd take it over the standard any day because it's from Gibson's custom shop. The only difference between the '58 and the '59/'60 is the plain top, but it's still a nice reissue of the original, and a nicer guitar than their everyday Standard...

Completed auction

Completed auction

^^Yeah, most of the regular production Les Pauls I've played (and owned) pale in comparison to the Custom Shop guitars I've played (and owned). Hell, I have an Epiphone LP I bought for $300 that smokes the last two production Pauls I owned. Although I admit, my Epi is a rare exception. Most of them are crap. I just stumbled across this one and simply had to own it. Who'da thunk a friggin Epiphone would become my number 1? :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I've been getting a couple of emails a week from Guitar Center. This one caught my eye with an ad for this guitar available Feb 15.

http://gc.guitarcenter.com/guitars/jimmy-p.../?source=4NL8AS

Are you kidding me? Jimmy's "Black Beauty" is sold out? That's sooo awesome! Are that many people with that kind of money?

Not really a rip-off. That's the going price here in this part of California.

They should of kept the #1 Les Paul signiature going.. Page used it much more than the Black Beauty.

He didn't use the Black Beauty guitar so much, because it got "nicked at an airport", as Jimmy put it. He said that was the only time he took it out. I hear the Les Paul company made a replacement for him before he released these other ones. That would be before Feb. 15th. That's when they were re-released here in California, anyways.

• 3 weeks later...
Are you kidding me? Jimmy's "Black Beauty" is sold out? That's sooo awesome! Are that many people with that kind of money?

COLLECTORS mostly...not musicians. They buy and hold them just the sane as people do stamps, coins, high-dollar guns that will never be fired, etc. Something pretty to look at once in a while and hope to sell at some future date for a huge capital gain they won't have to report to the Taxman

COLLECTORS mostly...not musicians. They buy and hold them just the sane as people do stamps, coins, high-dollar guns that will never be fired, etc. Something pretty to look at once in a while and hope to sell at some future date for a huge capital gain they won't have to report to the Taxman

Yep. Though I have to disagree about the "not musicians" part, at least in my case. The pricey guitars I've owned I played and enjoyed for a few years, and then turned for a tidy profit. :D

Archived