Top song off of Zeppelin II?  

483 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Zeppelin II song.....

• Whole Lotta Love
    • What Is and What Should Never Be
    • The Lemon Song
    • Thank You
    • Heartbreaker
    • Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)
    • Ramble On
    • Moby Dick
    • Bring It On Home

• 2 weeks later...

I am 51 now. I was 15 when I first heard "Whole Lotta Love" and it wowed me. What I still laugh at till this day is that it was several years before I realized that I was rockin' out to a song with such strong sexual elememts.

There were times when some of the older kids would tease me or quiz me about the words and phrases in the song. I hated it when they did that. I was so very drawn to Jimmy's guitar, John's drums, JPJ bass, the piercing vocals of Plant! I did not want any interference with from the older kids!

I spent much of my youth getting into trouble with my parents for playing Zep too loud. It's a damn good thing that I did. If my parents were able to hear the words over the blare of the music, I would have never have been allowed to play that song. LMAO!

What is and What Should Never Be....because of the SWEEEEEET bassline!! The tempo changes in that tune are amazing also. It is the most complete song without any virtuoso performances on it such as can be heard on WLL, HB and MD. Don't get me wrong, this is the album that got me into ZEP but I'm just sayin'unsure.gif

• 5 months later...

Bring It On Home.

The first time I heard it I was completely awed.

Great song, great intro, awesome riff. :) Enough said.

The Lemon Song is a close second, though.

I agree with you completely.... I was shocked when I first heard it.

I voted Whole lotta love...I bought LZ2 in January 1974 and this juggernaut changed my life.

This said I really dig What is, Lemon Song, Heartbreaker, Ramble on and the fast section of Bring it on Home.

The Brown Bomber cooks...love it!:cheer:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i felt so sad when i found that "moby dick" is in the last place .... i got that feeling that no one appreciates the late bonham in his finest hour :'( ... i went for ramble on .... it really grows into you ... it can't be a favorite but i find it impossible to forward it when it plays in my wmp playlist :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived