Grant & Plant kissing from 1975

Cat

"...I'd like to introduce the one, and in fact the only man I've ever kissed on the lips - Mr. Robert Plant!" -- Phil Collins introducing Robert Plant's solo set at Atlantic Records' 40th Anniversary Concert, Madison Square Garden, NYC, May 1988

(A small b&w photo of them locked in a silly full-on kiss had previously circulated in the press for quite some time).

plantcollinskiss.jpg

Soon to be courtesy of the SAJ archive. :D

JPJ had left his camera lying about, for as you know he often vacationed with his family whilst touring with Led Zeppelin. It was a great source of amusement that the photos taken without his knowledge were sure to suprise him when the rolls were developed back in England.

I think this was in the Richard Cole book- somehow the pics of the band's anatomy ended up in slides that JPJ was showing his in-laws. The next day Jonesy's wife called Maureen Plant & told her she had seen some lovely pics of her husband.

Don't know if that was a true story or something Cole made up, but amusing nonetheless.

Oh, I know you're a Jimmy girl ;) but I also know exactly what you mean about the photo. Yes, Grant's shoes. :D

:bagoverhead: I know at my age I should be acting a little more mature :lol: , but talking about Zep guys just makes me a bit giddy for some reason... ;)

Not a kiss but....

PlantGrantStarship.jpg

His brother's play is a notch more intense. When Cloud approaches, Diamond snakes him away, asserting his dominance. I've noticed how a forceful bachelor will practice being a band stallion by treating a younger male like a mare, herding him as if he were a she. Despite Diamond's dominance displays, the brothers remain close friends.

Cloud, Wild Stallion of the Rockies

Archived