Jimmy Page and Transformers

Topogigio

I don't know how many of you will take my thoughts seriously, but I really think this is a great idea as a Jimmy Page fan and as a Tranformers fan. Yes, I am referring to the 80's toys and cartoons that saw a big Hollywood release in '07. I personally feel that the next Transformes movie needs a theme song and Jimmy Page is the man to do it.

Growing up, I always associated rock and roll music with Tranformers. The Tranformes animated movie had a stellar 80's soundtrack and Jazz always enjoyed blasting loud rock music from his amps.

The cartoon series had a simple theme song that could easily be turned into a heavy riff. As you know, when it comes to riffs, there is nobody better than Jimmy Page. Lyrics are not even necessary, but a kick ass guitar solo would be nice.

I really want to see this happen and will push this as much as I can. Maybe not as much as I would like to see LED ZEPPELIN tour again, but it really doesn't look like it's going to happen. I would at least like to get some love somewhere else.

This project would involve creativity and Jimmy's crazy rock 'n roll skills.

That other thing.. I don't know what Puff Daddy called it....was just Jimmy playing his riff.

Jimmy's pretty good at taking something that been done before and recreating into something that has no resemblence to the unknowing listener. ie, When the Levee Breaks, Whole Lotta Love, etc.

Listen to how he recreated When the Levee Breaks in No Quarter.

He is capable of changing something that is known and completely reworking it so that although it sounds completely different, the roots are all there.

Archived