LOST: Season IV

Hermit

My family and I just recently got into LOST after purchasing Season-1 on DVD. We actually liked it so much that we then purchased Seasons 2 & 3 and watched all of them during Christmas vacation. The show is really good.

I don't have any predictions but I have a question for you Hermit, because maybe you know. My question is: who is "the awakened one" in the Hindu religion? I noticed the words "be the awakened one" while the brainwashing video was playing when Kate and the others rescued Karl. Any ideas on the meaning of the video or the clues in it?

The long wait is over and I know where I am going to be this Thursday and so on after that. :thumbsup:

I heard that the smoke monster will be revealed what it actually is this season, flash forwards are interesting as well. The writers also said that a flash forward will reveal the ending of the show, so we have to keep an eye out for that one (Not sure if it will happen this season, but who knows). I wonder who stays on the island and who goes...

I can't wait! :cheer:

I don't have any predictions but I have a question for you Hermit, because maybe you know. My question is: who is "the awakened one" in the Hindu religion? I noticed the words "be the awakened one" while the brainwashing video was playing when Kate and the others rescued Karl. Any ideas on the meaning of the video or the clues in it?

You'll have to ask Old Scratch or KashmirDevi about Hinduism, Del. In Buddhism, "The

Awakened One" is a reference to Buddha ["Buddha" translates as "Awakened One"]. B)

Fwiw,.. imho that video might be more accurately described as a de-programming.. or an un-brainwashing.. video. It encourages viewers to shed their brainwashed idea and/or belief of who they think they are in order to discover their "true nature".. and thus "awaken".

There does seem to be a Buddhism-based theme in that video. I figure it's no mere coincidence that the project is called The Dharma Initiative as "dharma" is a term central to Buddhism (and to Hinduism, though quite a bit differently than in Buddhism). How all, or any, of that actually ties into what's happening on the show is a mystery to me. It does seem though that no one is quite who or what they seem to be; to each of them there's much more than meets the eye, and they do seem to be going through a process of self discovery of some kind. ..maybe? huh.gif

:whistling:

Dharma (Department of Heuristics And Research on Material Applications) Initiative*

*Lostpedia: Dharma Initiative

Any theories on who the "he" is that Kate has to get back to in the flash forward in the last scene of the season III finale?

Just curious what others think.

It would be cool if they spent a little more time on Rousseau's background this season.

Any theories on who the "he" is that Kate has to get back to in the flash forward in the last scene of the season III finale?

I think it's Sawyer...my husband disagrees I think :lol:

We love that show...we have to wait till Friday to see it though :angry: The Duke/NC State basketball game is airing instead on Thursday....stupid basketball *grumble* (Although if it was UNC playing, we'd be not as upset... :rolleyes: )

I can't wait... :cheer:

Two days to ‘Lost!’ Hurley says: Set your TiVos

111685_d_1875_pre.jpg

We “Lost” fans know that our favorite drama delivers jaw-dropping, head-scratching moments on a regular basis.

But Jorge Garcia—who plays lovable, large Hurley—says that Season 4 is gonna blow all that away. In fact, in this interview, he gives fans a crucial tip:

Season 4 is going to be very important for people to adjust their Tivos or record the show after Lost. A lot of closing teasers are really WTF moments, and it’s going to be pretty cool.

So be sure to check your listings, people! Because right now, ABC has “Lost” listed as ending at 10:02 p.m.

If your DVR has been known to cut off precisely at the top of the hour, be sure to tape “Eli Stone” afterwards to catch those crucial last moments. (You should really watch “Eli” simply because it’s another great show, but that’s another blog posting for later this week…)

And just an FYI: Jorge also says that the mysterious numbers, which got so much play in previous seasons, are still kind of on the down-low. Ah well, guess you can’t answer EVERY island mystery right away.

Jorge has also commented on the ongoing writers’ strike, which is why “Lost” only has 8 episodes slated for this season instead of the expected 16. Jorge says that there is a slim possibility that the producers could still wrap up the full 16—if the strike were to end immediately.

Only time will tell on that one. In the meantime, want to know what Jorge is doing with his time off? Go to his blog, Dispatches From the Island.

And don’t forget: Only two more days…

You'll have to ask Old Scratch or KashmirDevi about Hinduism, Del. In Buddhism, "The

Awakened One" is a reference to Buddha ["Buddha" translates as "Awakened One"]. B)

Fwiw,.. imho that video might be more accurately described as a de-programming.. or an un-brainwashing.. video. It encourages viewers to shed their brainwashed idea and/or belief of who they think they are in order to discover their "true nature".. and thus "awaken".

There does seem to be a Buddhism-based theme in that video. I figure it's no mere coincidence that the project is called The Dharma Initiative as "dharma" is a term central to Buddhism (and to Hinduism, though quite a bit differently than in Buddhism). How all, or any, of that actually ties into what's happening on the show is a mystery to me. It does seem though that no one is quite who or what they seem to be; to each of them there's much more than meets the eye, and they do seem to be going through a process of self discovery of some kind. ..maybe? huh.gif

:whistling:

Dharma (Department of Heuristics And Research on Material Applications) Initiative*

*Lostpedia: Dharma Initiative

There seems to be this running theme with the 'others' waiting for a certain person, almost like a Messiah to arrive. They showed a great interest in Walt, and there was also that part where they thought John Locke (notice the name of a philosopher who developed the modern theory of 'the self') was "not the person who they thought he was."

Some very interesting hints I think.

And did you notice the title of the song playing in the VW Bus (Shambala - by Three Dog Night)? Isn't Shambala a 'lost' mythical land in Bhuddist or Hindu belief? (and forgive me if I am not clear on which belief is which).

I think it's Sawyer...my husband disagrees I think :lol:

That would be too simple. I agree with your husband.

Could just be her probation officer. Considering that if she is back and possibly still under a court's jurisdiction for her previous charges.

We love that show...we have to wait till Friday to see it though :angry: The Duke/NC State basketball game is airing instead on Thursday....stupid basketball *grumble* (Although if it was UNC playing, we'd be not as upset... :rolleyes: )

I can't wait... :cheer:

I may get to see it tonight at work or possibly tomorrow. My company does most of the post production work on this show along with many other Disney-ABC titles. Although, they usually keep the final edited masters under wraps until about 24 hour before it airs in the U.S. And the funny thing is, I just got into this show last month during Christmas vacaton. For the last three years I never even bothered to watch any of the episodes.

In any event, I will mastering the International Syndication Versions (PAL) for all the 'Euro-types' out there who watch the show. So they had better not piss me off. :lol:

There seems to be this running theme with the 'others' waiting for a certain person, almost like a Messiah to arrive. They showed a great interest in Walt, and there was also that part where they thought John Locke (notice the name of a philosopher who developed the modern theory of 'the self') was "not the person who they thought he was."

Some very interesting hints I think.

And did you notice the title of the song playing in the VW Bus (Shambala - by Three Dog Night)? Isn't Shambala a 'lost' mythical land in Bhuddist or Hindu belief? (and forgive me if I am not clear on which belief is which).

interesting hints indeed.

I'll be waiting to see how the producers find a way to work *"Bodhisattva" (by Steely Dan)* into the show. :D

[edited to add]..or perhaps *http://youtube.com/watch?v=CK0o22KJcXI* :thumbsup:

What meaning Shambala has to Hindus or other religions, I can't say. In Buddhism it refers to a 'pure land' or 'realm of bliss'; it's not a 'lost' land, per se, but it's also not a physical place. Anyway,.. afaic, it's quite ok that you don't know the differences between Buddhism and Hinduism. The simple fact that you now do recognize that Hinduism and Buddhism are in fact two different religions is itself indicative of you making progress in your quest to better understand religions other than your own. Good for you! :beer:

^_^

I can't wait for it! I've been catching up on the show by watching the episodes on abc.com.

My theory is it is Sawyer. But he suffers from some physical or mental problems and Kate takes care of him. Just a theory. ;)

:yay::yay:YAAAYYYYY!!! We will finally Get Lost once again, oh boy,oh boy. :cheer:

I think they want us to think it's Sawyer.

Therefore, it definitely isn't him, LOL. :P

It's probably Jack's father, who never actually died, and whom Kate had an affair with....or some such bizarre twist.

Can't wait to find out.

^^ Thanks, Pagemeister!

FYI folks,..

immediately preceding the season premiere tonight is a one-hour season 1-3 recap.

we get 3 hours of LOST tonight! :cheer:

:beer:

[unfortunately, I'm working this evening. <_< Fortunately, I

can digitally record the show and watch it when i get home. B) ]

we get 3 hours of LOST tonight! :cheer:

:beer:

[unfortunately, I'm working this evening. <_< Fortunately, I

can digitally record the show and watch it when i get home. B) ]

The third hour is lost as well mate! :D

What happened to it, arrgghh!!

Archived