Aerosmith Thread

eagle87

"Rocks" is far and away my favorite. For the younger crowd who are into "Hard Rock", i'd highly recommend it. One of the best hard rock records ever made.

I also like Get Your Wings and Toy's but stopped listening after Draw The Line. For some reason, bands just aren't the same after they come out of rehab.

Yeah Rocks ROCKS.

Get your wings is great also.Seasons of Wither is beautifull

Yeah Rocks ROCKS.

Get your wings is great also.Seasons of Wither is beautifull

As is Lord of the Thighs. Those two songs are what make that album worth owning. Sorta like Kings and Queens from Draw the Line. I pretty much gave up the ship after Night in the Ruts, their last decent record (but it was no Rocks, their last excellent album).

Indeed and yes. A fine band. Only saw them once live, on what I seem to recall was the Pump tour at Wembley Arena. They played pretty much all the songs I like-Sweet Emotion,Dream On, Draw the line, Toys in the attic[which I've also seen REM play] Back in the saddle,Mama Kin,Sick as a dog,and plenty from Pump.I'd say that[pump] is my favourite of theirs, simply because the production and the songs seem to 'fit' well and it's just the right side of glossy/commercial,for me. I guess what I hear in stuff of theirs is a band that are influenced by Zep and seem to have a little bit of the same spirit about them. To me,they play rock and roll and soul/groove influenced music rather than just 'rock'.Oh and I like 'Live bootleg' too,just for the rawnwss of it. Presence for me,too,but it IS just my opinion-nothing definitive or decisive about it,as if there could be!

I should buy more Aerosmith. I've got their greatest hits which just covers their 70s era and also Permanent Vacation and Honkin' On Bobo. Has anyone else got Honkin' On Bobo? They do some good rocking blues covers, pretty good album.

I have the Honkin On Bobo I like it. they bring their energy and rockin attitude some of the standard blue songs.I guess I wish they would have picked some songs that were less well known.Too many songs that have been covered a million times.

Nice photos

Here is Aerosmith in Argentina (Quilmes Rock 2007)

Was a great show

Thank you, I took a lot more but they didn't turn out.

This is my first time posting them online, so it will only be a matter of weeks before they end up all over the place. Just like some scans I posted awhile ago, they're all over the place now.

This is my first time posting them online, so it will only be a matter of weeks before they end up all over the place. Just like some scans I posted awhile ago, they're all over the place now.

It's hard to tell how you feel about it from your post but if you don't want your photos distributed online it might be a good idea not to post them. There are also other options like providing a link to a site where you can upload your photos but no one else can download them.

Good idea...

You know... I feel like, the good bands era is over. Because, think about it. Do you realy see, any of this new bands (in general), playing good music when they have 60 (years)? Well now, i realy dont like very much the "Rock and Roll" from that new bands, but some are good. I dont mean to offense anybody...

Look:

Steven Tyler 61

Robert Plant 59

Jimmy Page 63

Keith Richards 64

The Who guys... (because i dont remeber all the ages)

Pink Floyd, etc. etc.

But you maybe understand me.

Thougths?

I could really give a shit about an artist's longevity, not to mention there's no way such a thing can be predicted. Who knew way back when who would still be around 20-30 years later? I listen to what moves me and that's pretty much all that matters.

Hell, I hope I'm posting on the right thread?! Anyway, 'Smith rulZZZZZ!! There is not one single song I don't like. Saw the boys some years ago at Monza Speedway....Lenny Kravitz was there too!!! :) :)

Edited by dragster

Gotta be one of my all time favorites. Not so much the later stuff, but the first three albums really influenced me as a musician. Hell, the band I played with in the 70's played pretty much every song from the first three at one point or another. It was the raw, 'punky' sound and attitude that I really liked. 'Write Me' is a perfect example.

The old Aerosmith rules over the new, but Get A Grip & 9 Lives are both pretty solid. Hell a song like Amazin' is more musically interesting and better put together than most of the old stuff.

It was that Armageddon song that sent them down the wrong path albumwise.

Just bought this:

l0029875.gif

It comprises of their first three albums. They're all terrific and I have to say I really like their first album especially even though their sound is less developed. It's just really good rock 'n' roll music plain and simple.