Aerosmith Thread

eagle87

On 1/24/2020 at 6:27 AM, Walter said:

Yup.  I remember watching the video "Making Pump" where Tyler keeps trying to show Kramer how to play the drum parts and that pissed off Kramer to no end.  I think I remember they almost fought over it.  Tyler comes across as such an egomaniac.  

When you read Joey Kramer's whingefest of a memoir, it's pretty fuckin' obvious him and Tyler have never gotten along. Steven Tyler fancies himself a drummer, but he fancied himself a frontman more and realized he couldn't be both. Enter Joey Kramer.

The story goes, when Aerosmith was recording Nine Lives and Kramer's father died, necessitating Joey's departure from the sessions, they brought in Steve Ferrone to pinch hit on the drums -ostensibly so Kramer could replace the parts on his return- but they left Ferrone's drums on the record. That's more or less an open secret...

Fact, and it's been proven time and time again over the last fourty years: the only irreplaceable member of Aerosmith is Steven Tyler. He's probably been looking for an excuse to oust Kramer from the band for decades and Joey's health issues gave him the excuse he needed at last.

1 hour ago, Nutrocker said:

When you read Joey Kramer's whingefest of a memoir, it's pretty fuckin' obvious him and Tyler have never gotten along. Steven Tyler fancies himself a drummer, but he fancied himself a frontman more and realized he couldn't be both. Enter Joey Kramer.

The story goes, when Aerosmith was recording Nine Lives and Kramer's father died, necessitating Joey's departure from the sessions, they brought in Steve Ferrone to pinch hit on the drums -ostensibly so Kramer could replace the parts on his return- but they left Ferrone's drums on the record. That's more or less an open secret...

Fact, and it's been proven time and time again over the last fourty years: the only irreplaceable member of Aerosmith is Steven Tyler. He's probably been looking for an excuse to oust Kramer from the band for decades and Joey's health issues gave him the excuse he needed at last.

Agreed.  Kramer wasn't there last night for their Grammy's performance.  Aerosmith were rough, but Run DMC were even worse.  "Walk This Way" deserved better...

On 1/25/2020 at 8:23 PM, kirchzep27 said:

My dad says aerosmith should spend a week together travelling in their original touring van, that was discovered on the american pickers show, then they would sort it out. Then on second thought, i think that sounds like a must see reality tv show. One week of aerosmith in a van, travelling, maybe doing gigs, but all footage of conversation with their new england accents and band vibe...with mega fame status.

That is actually a genius idea! I don't like reality TV but that sounds like a great show. It would be hilarious. They'd all get so pissy.

Maybe they could make it based on a tour in that van, like a small club tour within the New England/New York area. They could document the tour in the manner you describe.

30 minutes ago, nemophilist said:

That is actually a genius idea! I don't like reality TV but that sounds like a great show. It would be hilarious. They'd all get so pissy.

Maybe they could make it based on a tour in that van, like a small club tour within the New England/New York area. They could document the tour in the manner you describe.

Nobody would survive. Lol.

seriously, Kramer probably has early stages of Dementia and they just want to protect him as well as the bands legacy. I’m sure we’ll find out soon enough, but I don’t think he’s coming back to play another gig with them live again.

R😎

Mick Jagger posted on FB about something last year and as I read through the comments I found one by Steven Tyler to the effects of "..nothing will stop a pair of old rockers like us hey Mick!".Which had me laughing in disbelief and the comment had no reply from Jagger which I expected but Tyler obviously didn't.

As for the current subject,Aerosmith went to die in Vegas so maybe this Kramer thing is for publicity to keep the Aerosmith body alive....for just a bit longer?

If not I can't see that it's a good idea to get rid of a bands long standing drummer unless it's really serious.

5 hours ago, Ross62 said:

As for the current subject, Aerosmith went to die in Vegas so maybe this Kramer thing is for publicity to keep the Aerosmith body alive....for just a bit longer?

If not I can't see that it's a good idea to get rid of a bands long standing drummer unless it's really serious.

Yes, the whole thing probably is a publicity stunt without which no one would even be thinking of Aerosmith. On the other hand, Kramer did sue them. As for Kramer, they could replace him with a rubber chicken and 80% of people who do attend their Las Vegas residency won't notice and 99.9% won't care. 

• 2 weeks later...
On January 29, 2020 at 12:47 PM, nemophilist said:

Have you ever heard of smaart paark

It would intereehhstering

On 2/10/2020 at 8:43 PM, reids said:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/10/aerosmith-drummer-joey-kramer-playing-with-band-vegas-no-audition/

update on Kramer now playing w/ Aerosmith . Wow 😯 

R😎

Proving once again that the old Hollywood adage still holds true today: there is NO such thing as bad publicity...

Aerosmith, as dysfunctional as they ever were 😂 And these guys are in their fucking seventies, fer chrissakes...and I thought the Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young blowup a couple years back was the epitome of old immature rockers...the Bad Boys From Boston put CSNY to shame!

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • sam_webmaster changed the title to Aerosmith Thread
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...