Led Zeppelin Movie Or Concert DVD?

Mr. Big

Would you prefer a movie about Led Zeppelin or a dvd of the concert in london last year WITH special features......ohhhhh special features AND Subtitles for the hearing Impared. I would go for the concert. Actors cannot portray the legends of led zeppelin.

Would you prefer a movie about Led Zeppelin or a dvd of the concert in london last year WITH special features......ohhhhh special features AND Subtitles for the hearing Impared. I would go for the concert. Actors cannot portray the legends of led zeppelin.

I'm with you buddy.

Release the reunion concert with a special documentary on the band. VH1 had a good "legends" episode about Zep. Maybe expand on it. It will be better with the cooperation of the surviving band members.

For all that has been written about the band, many articles and monographs, as well as several PhDs which I have seen, there are suprisingly few interviews with the actual band members from the time 1968-1980. Things that were almost utterances in one interview with Page become Zeppelin-lore, because a Page interview is so rare that anything he says becomes a gem which the press pounce on. This rarity is why the Cole books are still around - we know it's mostly crap, but there is no alternative.

A proper authorised doco, with good research and full access to the band, family and friends, key crew etc, would be very well received and would become a much more accurate and important document of Led Zeppelin. Talk to the engineers in the studio, isolating tracks as in the Classic Album series, talking about various songs and the conditions under which they were recorded. Interviews with the family members to fully shed light on the notion that they were 'family men'. etc etc. These are the things people want to know, and there is no reliable source on any of this info at the present.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
Reunion concert DVD with maybe and interview of the band members, the director and to have a bit where it shows the set up and the getting ready of the big show.

but i heard that that is not going to happen for a couple of years to come

As of now, it's not happening at all :( Whether that changes down the road we have to wait and see.

Archived