LZ Memorabilia Exhibit at Knebworth House

PageAngel

Hi everyone, i'm so glad that Annie is getting such a good response about the Knebworth exhibit. I met her last year when she first asked for messages for her book for Jimmy. She's done an immense amount of work to make all the arrangements, and i know that she's sometimes felt a little overwhelmed by it all......but isn't it just the greatest idea?!!!!!!! :thumbsup: I'm loaning her some of my memorabilia, and i'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone else has in their collections. I literally cannot wait to get to Knebworth and see it all displayed in that FANTASTIC library. :yay:

Hi Ladywhitesummer! I can't wait to see this exhibit put together either. I don't really have much in the way of memorabilia, and I so love seeing other people's things and hearing all their stories. It just thrills me to pieces! :cheer:

The information packs all about the exhibit are just about ready to be mailed out - so aena27 you're on my list!

If anyone wants one please let me know. You can pm or email me your street address, or if you'd rather receive it electronically, I will send it that way. Just let me know!

Knebworth House sent me their 08 brochures - they arrived this morning. So just one more item to arrive and they'll be ready to post.

Other good news - a local artist has done a painting of the band for us to raffle and he emailed to say it is finished. Yay! That means I get to keep it on my wall until August! No complaints from me then!! ^_^ He donated the painting too so all the money it raises can go to the ABC Trust. He's a super super guy! :thumbsup:

You can see his work on his website here: aktiv-portraits.co.uk

I'd love to live in Australia - wanna swap?!!! :)

dont get me wrong, i love australia, its a great place, but nothing ZEPPY ever happens! i mean over there you guys could actually run into the guys, all i can do is read about it. p.s my bags are packed! all i have in the way of memorabilia is a clock thats made to look like the fourth album, still, i love it, its cool

Well, this is a great idea, and I'm certainly interested.

How about displaying a poster showing the crowd on August 4th, 1979?

I'm pretty sure there's an arial shot that Peter Grant commissioned.

You are amazing. Do you know that?

I wish I had some memorabilia.

All I have are my old records, cd's and a swan song tapestry. NOthing special at all.

Wish I could be there. It's a long swim from here to the UK. ;)

Thanks tyedye...remember though - it's Zeppelin that's amazing!! I'm just a cheerleader ... :) You never know I might borrow your tapestry. People seem to get the idea that it has to be all spectacular rare stuff of the band to display, but I do want things that fans have - it's all memorabilia, and all cool to look at when it is displayed nicely. I'd love to find an old jacket full of Zeppelin badges or buttons, even school notebooks decorated with Zeppelin stuff. Those kinds of things are a lot of fun to see on a display. So even if you have one old patch or badge - please let me know if you are willing to let us borrow it!

Great idea Lee about he crowd shot at Knebworth. I am pretty sure the House will actually have that, so I'll have a check and see.

You all are being so helpful with your thoughts and ideas - keep them coming! :thumbsup:

Here is the picture that was used to make the painting we will either auction or raffle:

picjonzeppainting.jpg

And here is the painting, donated by local artist Jon Ellinor:

jonzeppainting-1.jpg

Sorry about the slight glare from the flash. It's a really amazing painting - many thanks to Jon for donating it so all the profits can go to the ABC Trust! :cheer: It's a joy to have it in my house until the exhibit! Oh I am going to keep him so busy painting Jimmy for me....

Suz, I sure wish you could come too! We'll be sure to take a lot of pics for you. :) And I am trying to plan a raffle that everyone can take part in online, so you might win something! Then even though you can't be there you can still help the ABC! Yay!

Hi peppermint. What kinds of things have you got in your collection? If you'd consider loaning anything to the exhibit that would be really great. I'll be glad to send you the information pack. :wave:

Here is the picture that was used to make the painting we will either auction or raffle:

picjonzeppainting.jpg

And here is the painting, donated by local artist Jon Ellinor:

jonzeppainting-1.jpg

Sorry about the slight glare from the flash. It's a really amazing painting - many thanks to Jon for donating it so all the profits can go to the ABC Trust! :cheer: It's a joy to have it in my house until the exhibit! Oh I am going to keep him so busy painting Jimmy for me....

That is far out! (She said, reverting to adolescence.) How do we get in the raffle? Where do I send my money?! :D

Thanks Sunchild! :wave:

It's a really super painting. I'll have the details up on how everyone can enter for a chance to own it closer to the actual exhibit. For now I just want to keep people updated on everything.

The information packs are ready to post. If you haven't requested one already let me know and one will be on its way to you in Monday morning's post. :)

Thanks Sunchild! :wave:

It's a really super painting. I'll have the details up on how everyone can enter for a chance to own it closer to the actual exhibit. For now I just want to keep people updated on everything.

The information packs are ready to post. If you haven't requested one already let me know and one will be on its way to you in Monday morning's post. :)

Hey Pagy,

Put me down for a pack I'll PM my details.

Cheers mate.

Thanks alwizard03. Dave Lewis has been very kind and put the exhibit in the latest issue of his magazine. He's been very helpful, and I understand he has a few items in his collection he would be willing to loan. If you'd like the information pack on the exhibit, just pm me your email address, or postal address depending on which version of the pack you'd like.

Reggie29 - it's on its way Monday morning! And lusting4jimmy, I just need to know which version of th epack you'd like and the relevant details.

Thanks guys! :wave:

Just adding - this exhibit is not relating to the Knebworth concerts alone. There seems to be a confusion there that all we want is Knebworth memorabilia...

The exhibit is to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the formation of Zep, so we want everything, not just Knebworth things.

The exhibit is called, "Led Zeppelin: Memories in Music, 1968 - 2008" We want everything from their days as a band, and including the O2 Show.

Just thought I'd make that really clear. :)

Archived