LZ Memorabilia Exhibit at Knebworth House

PageAngel

Yep I've got it Henrik. Your info on the exhibit is going out in Monday's post. :)

zengak...what did I tell you in our email? ME: :'( Anyway I am hoping to find a whole company of Angels to help with this for those little sweet children in Brazil. :cheer:

Yep I've got it Henrik. Your info on the exhibit is going out in Monday's post. :)

zengak...what did I tell you in our email? ME: :'( Anyway I am hoping to find a whole company of Angels to help with this for those little sweet children in Brazil. :cheer:

I think you have my address. Of course it was on my pictures I sent you for Jimmy. You said I was on your list. If you need it, let me know.

I know, I know... but you've done so much and you deserve so much credit. There are lots of fans but not all of them have taken the time and effort like you have. Just wanna make sure you feel the love!! :D

Well I certainly do feel the love, thanks a bunch! :thanku:

Lots of other people helping also deserve a big lot of love! I certainly couldn't do this alone, and I think the list of people to thank in the program and at the reception will be really long! But thank them I will - each and every one!

I braved the cold and posted all the information packs today to everyone that requested one. The post office attendant in this little village said he has never had a request for postage to Norway before, so Henrik, you've made an impression! :D

I'm making waves baby!

Haha. :lol: That's cool.

LOL...you sure are!

Just wanting to say thanks to everyone who has received the information on the exhibit and have contacted me to offer help or memorabilia to display. This exhibit is really going to be a blessing to those little children in Brazil with all you collectors and Zep fans out there helping. You all are the best!!! :notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...

First, a big thank you to SunChild for proof reading the text in the information packets I have been sending out - they have managed to impress a career journalist, which it certainly wouldn't have had you not done that important piece of work - thank you so much!!

Thanks also to everyone that has been sending me such good ideas for the exhibit, I have implemented a lot of them and really appreciate the suggestions, from Baroness Von Zeppelin in particular.

Thanks to the people who have memorabilia that have replied and are offering their items. It's so exciting to think what will be on display! If you received the information and haven't replied and are considering loaning something, it would help me a lot if I knew what you are willing to loan before the 14th this month.

I have a flyer that a friend made on the exhibit and she is posting them around where she lives, in music stores and on bulletin boards in various places. If anyone would like to do that, pm me and I will send you the flyer she made.

For the more creative board members out there - I'm looking for ideas for a cover design for the program. The exhibit is titled "Memories in Music 1968 - 2008." All ideas for a cool cover design will be greatly appreciated. Just remember we will need permission to use material with a copyright.

:wave:

Thanks for the message and info. about this upcoming fantastic event..wish I could attend!! but so so far away... like most fans, I can donate

also, I thought about calling the Classic Radio Rock Station if they help out with any items,

A remote possibility..I will try to contact someone who may have unique never seen before photographs...not sure...but will try.

Is it wrong that I'm considering bailing on visiting family in CA to maybe try to go to this thing, to look at other people's stuff? Wait, yes....yes it is. Nevermind.

Thanks PlanetPage, anywhere you can find memorabilia will be greatly appreciated. The more people we have hunting around, the better. :thumbsup:

Hey Suz...Maybe you can visit your family before the exhibit? Or after? How about if you just bring them with you? We'll be selling programs, so at the very least you can have one of those if you can't make it, and you'll be helping the ABC Trust buying one too, so it's good all around. :D

Just been reading the local paper (The Comet), and it has an article on Knebworth where they talk to Caroline McCarthy who is the operations manager of the Knebworth estate.

The park is open from next Saturday, and the article mentions some of the forthcoming events (not the LZ one though).

It'll be good when the exhibition opens, as I have never actually seen the house other than from a distance. I believe that some of the first Batman film was filmed there?

I don't know Caroline, I deal with the House Operations Manager, who is called Mia. She was telling me today how busy they are getting everything ready for opening day. Pity we didn't gt a mention, but the exhibit will be around in the media soon. A PR firm is donating their time to help out. :)

The house is really lovely, and it's a real privilege that we were given the use of it and can hold our reception in it before the exhibit opens to the public. I don't know if they used the inside of the house for Batman, but my daughter tells me they definitely used the outside. It's the first thing she said when she saw it, "Oh the Batman house." LOL To me it is the house LZ were standing in front of for some pics. :lol:

Thanks PlanetPage, anywhere you can find memorabilia will be greatly appreciated. The more people we have hunting around, the better. :thumbsup:

Hey Suz...Maybe you can visit your family before the exhibit? Or after? How about if you just bring them with you? We'll be selling programs, so at the very least you can have one of those if you can't make it, and you'll be helping the ABC Trust buying one too, so it's good all around. :D

Thanks, I will at least buy a program :D

Good stuff! The printer tells me he can get a photo of the exhibit in the program if it is all set up by 1pm on the afternoon of the reception, which is very cool. I really wanted the actual display in the program if at all possible. I thought he would need a day at least, but he only needs about 5 hours.

Good stuff! The printer tells me he can get a photo of the exhibit in the program if it is all set up by 1pm on the afternoon of the reception, which is very cool. I really wanted the actual display in the program if at all possible. I thought he would need a day at least, but he only needs about 5 hours.

Magnifico!!!

I've attached a scan of the article, or have tried to :huh:

It may take a day to appear as I had to upload the scan to a web site first, but should hopefully appear soon :unsure:

knebworth.jpg

I've just checked, and it is in all four editions - on page 10.

Thanks for posting that link, which edition is it in? They had like 4 or something to select...

Had some lovely memorabilia come in this week for display - thank you!!! :cheer:

Archived