hamilton says zep should tour

ledzepmanic

listening to wzlx (boston radio) who had just finished playing kasmir and they had tom hamilton from aerosmith in the studio and interviewing him...after kasmir they stated great song to which tom stated that zep should tour..so i guess the fans are not the only ones who want led go on tour :rolleyes:

^ probably the same reason this thread got a response...

to boost a post count !

:lol:

You honestly think I post to boost my post count, about which I don't give a crap and only noticed last night? This thread got a response because there was a point I wanted to make about it. And it still stands.

to boost a post count !

Why would anyone want to do that? Don't they know the stigma that comes from having a shitload of posts? "Oh just because you have a gazillion posts you think you're some Zep expert!" Had my share of that! I wish they'd eliminate the post count altogether and led the posts stand on their own merit. :lol:

Oh, and Tom Hamilton's a real nice guy! All the Aerosmith guys are, unlike some other guys (Gene Simmons). :beer:

^ probably the same reason this thread got a response...

to boost a post count !

:lol:

curious, just what is the purpose of "a high post count"? what does that get you, a prize? Front row tickets to the Zeppein Cavalcade of Repetition? I really dont see what that is supposed to do for an individual. More respect in the eyes of your peers? Help me on this one please...

Well....nice sense of humor there.

You're opinion is just that...I couldn't give a rat's ass what Tom Hamilton thinks either...but to this guy maybe it does...

Are you the board police ?

Try some humor....

K. here's some humor: AEROSMITH. Just my most humbe opinion though...

Well....nice sense of humor there.

You're opinion is just that...I couldn't give a rat's ass what Tom Hamilton thinks either...but to this guy maybe it does...he may not need or care for your point...his starting of the thread is just as valid as anyone else starting any thread...He obviously felt the desire...

Are you the board police ?

Try some humor....

I think it was obvious that I was questioning whether discussing Tom Hamilton's views merited an entire thread, as this would then lead to an infinite number of threads for everybody's individual opinion. Equally obviously I am not trying to police anything, and my comment was not intended to suggest the poster was not entitled to his opinion, simply that an entire thread wasn't necessary.

It is also obvious that for some reason I can't imagine, you have been looking for ways to needle me for some time, disguised as "humor." But you are not the first person to accuse me of taking a "police" role. So I will do what you have been angling for, and fuck off. Join me if you like.

Why would anyone want to do that? Don't they know the stigma that comes from having a shitload of posts? "Oh just because you have a gazillion posts you think you're some Zep expert!" Had my share of that! I wish they'd eliminate the post count altogether and led the posts stand on their own merit. :lol:

Oh, and Tom Hamilton's a real nice guy! All the Aerosmith guys are, unlike some other guys (Gene Simmons). :beer:

i heard gene isn't nice and full of himself...is it true?

as for aquamarine who sounds like someone has their panties in a knot...why rag on my post where there have been numerous posts dave gohl as well no one said anything negative about those posts..just wanted to post something nice...but here i think you need the tampon more than i do

Excuse me ?

I may have had one other interaction with you..and it was a worthy debate..not a needle...

YOU are the one seeing this wrongly....I make a crack about policing the board. I'm unaware of others doing the same....that's YOUR perception..not mine...

I've NEVER uttered a nasty word toward you ...AND YES...I expect an apology....YOU NEVER tell someone to F*ck off...it they're not intentionally hassling you.....

I have no angle toward you.....YOU ARE out of line.

i agree an apology is in order :angry:

i heard gene isn't nice and full of himself...is it true?

as for aquamarine who sounds like someone has their panties in a knot...why rag on my post where there have been numerous posts dave gohl as well no one said anything negative about those posts..just wanted to post something nice...but here i think you need the tampon more than i do

Yes, Gene's an arrogant prick. The rest of the guys have been really nice when I've met them.

Take it easy on Aqua, she's a sweet woman and a good friend. Obviously there's history here (she and Joel have known each other on other forums for years) and one needn't add to it. Just my advice. Better to let them sort it out among themselves.

Yes, Gene's an arrogant prick. The rest of the guys have been really nice when I've met them.

Take it easy on Aqua, she's a sweet woman and a good friend. Obviously there's history here (she and Joel have known each other on other forums for years) and one needn't add to it. Just my advice. Better to let them sort it out among themselves.

Actually no...I haven't known her for years really. I don't know where she came out with that about me ribbing her. I swear I only remember one debate we had..about privacy issues on myspace....and it went in circles....I said to her in that...'why can't you understand'...at one point and she came back thinking I called her ignorant or stupid..or some such word. But all I asked was.."why can't your understand ?"

As far as taking it easy on people....friends or not. If someone needs a point made out toward them....it's done...even by those who are 'given the benefit' of friendship by others.

I've taken my fair share of pointed remarks and generally just let it go......

My remark about taking it easy on Aqua was directed at Zepmaniac, not you Joel. You amended your post and cleared things up. My point to Zepmaniac was that it's better not to get involved. With the history of so-called "cliques" jumping into the fray, wouldn't you concur that a disagreement should be handled by those involved? :beer:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?showtopic=3574

Next time, check the search function. That's why it's there.

listening to wzlx (boston radio) who had just finished playing kasmir and they had tom hamilton from aerosmith in the studio and interviewing him...after kasmir they stated great song to which tom stated that zep should tour..so i guess the fans are not the only ones who want led go on tour :rolleyes:

He just wants to see a drummer that doesn't jack their cymbals up 30 feet in the air.

My remark about taking it easy on Aqua was directed at Zepmaniac, not you Joel. You amended your post and cleared things up. My point to Zepmaniac was that it's better not to get involved. With the history of so-called "cliques" jumping into the fray, wouldn't you concur that a disagreement should be handled by those involved? :beer:

Yes...i just felt like I was right in the midst of it too....and I DO like to be clear.

I'm often misread. And if so...I re-clarify. Communication is key..and I promote that strongly. I'm often the one explaining to the inth degree..and usually get little back. It's just the way it is I guess.

And if ledzepmaniac wants to chime in on MY dealings...he's welcome....makes no difference to me. I notice someone says something to someone on this board...and VERY Often ..those not involved chime in...like they're protecting their own...B)

And hey...Tom Hamilton's opinion is as good as anyone's.....even if he is in Aerosmith...<_<

j/k I like the early Aerosmith...quite a bit....

hey i understand but if she jumped down on throat for posting my thread and he responded to that was my point...where i come from if you jump down on someons's throat expect a response...and thanks for feedback...much appreciated

Yes...i just felt like I was right in the midst of it too....and I DO like to be clear.

I'm often misread. And if so...I re-clarify. Communication is key..and I promote that strongly. I'm often the one explaining to the inth degree..and usually get little back. It's just the way it is I guess.

And if ledzepmaniac wants to chime in on MY dealings...he's welcome....makes no difference to me. I notice someone says something to someone on this board...and VERY Often ..those not involved chime in...like they're protecting their own...B)

And hey...Tom Hamilton's opinion is as good as anyone's.....even if he is in Aerosmith...<_<

j/k I like the early Aerosmith...quite a bit....

thanks but the last time i checked i'm a girl...and yes i prefer the old aerosmith...anything after permanent vacation really blows

and yes i prefer the old aerosmith

Gimme the cool grindy shit like Nobody's Fault and Kings and Queens. Hell yeah!

Lord I must be dreamin'

What else could this be

Everybody's screamin'

Runnin' for the sea

Holy lands are SINGIN'

Birds take to the sky

The prophets all are stinkin' drunk

I know the reason why

Eyes are full of desire

Mind is so ill at ease

Everything is on fire

Shit piled up to the knees

Out of RHYME or reason

Everyone's to blame

Children of the season

Don't be lame

Sorry

You're so sorry

Don't be sorry

Man has known

And now he's blown it

Upside down

And hell's the only sound

We did an awful job

And now they say

It's Nobody's Fault

Old SAN ANDREAS

Seven years ago

Shove it up their richters

Red lines stop and go

Noblemen of courage

Listen with their ears

Spoke but how discouragin'

When no one really hears

One of these days you'll be sorry

Too many houses on the stilt

Three million years or just a story

Four on the floor up to the hilt

Out of RHYME or reason

Everyone's to blame

Children of the season

Don't be lame

Sorry

You're so sorry

Don't be sorry

Man has known

And now he's blown it

Upside down

We did an awful job

And now we're just a little too late

Eyes are full of desire

Mind is so ill at ease

Everything is on fire

Shit piled up in debris

California showtime

Five o'clock's the news

Said everybody's concubine

Was GOIN' to take a snooze

Sorry

You're so sorry

Don't be sorry

Man has known

And now he's blown it

Upside down

We did an awful job

And now we're just a little too late

Killer song!

thanks but the last time i checked i'm a girl...and yes i prefer the old aerosmith...anything after permanent vacation really blows

Ooops :blush:

I hadn't been able to check, I [try ..yes I try to be a bit more of a gentleman than to check for things that early on....

:whistling:

Nice to meet you MISS ledzepmaniac....

I'd have understood if you put ledzepwomaniac.......B)

Ooops :blush:

I hadn't been able to check, I [try ..yes I try to be a bit more of a gentleman than to check for things that early on....

:whistling:

Nice to meet you MISS ledzepmaniac....

I'd have understood if you put ledzepwomaniac.......B)

nice to meet you Joel

that would depend on what you're checking out ;)

I feel I had to return to this thread to say that if my initial mild post sounds like I'm jumping down ledzepmanic's throat, then lzm is way too sensitive, and judging by the above post, disgusting. It was a genuine question--why a separate thread for Hamilton's opinion? Other people have opinions, but it would quickly get boring if they all got separate threads. I feel the same way about threads about Dave Grohl, and said so.

:beer: to Ev.

Glad you understood my later post, Joel.

there have been numerous posts dave gohl as well no one said anything negative about those posts

Missed this. For the record, we railed against those Grohl threads on the old board for months to the point where I for one took several months off after over 16,000 posts. I couldn't take the Grohl vs Jason shit anymore, and for that I'm a stranger to many new people. I'm just settling back into things now that the O2 is over and Jason's proved himself (as did the whole group). But trust me, if you want to get rid of me, just start up the Grohl thing again. As I said on the old board, I don't care how many Bonzo tattoos he's got, if I tattooed a Zoso on my d**k, that doesn't qualify me to play in Led Zeppelin, no matter how well I might play guitar.

Rant over. Sorry. :beer:

I feel I had to return to this thread to say that if my initial mild post sounds like I'm jumping down ledzepmanic's throat, then lzm is way too sensitive, and judging by the above post, disgusting. It was a genuine question--why a separate thread for Hamilton's opinion? Other people have opinions, but it would quickly get boring if they all got separate threads. I feel the same way about threads about Dave Grohl, and said so.

:beer: to Ev.

Glad you understood my later post, Joel.

not too sensitive...the comment was justified..the way you intially stated your comments was rude..obviously you not that bored that you HAD to comment on it...didn't know this was kindergarten

Missed this. For the record, we railed against those Grohl threads on the old board for months to the point where I for one took several months off after over 16,000 posts. I couldn't take the Grohl vs Jason shit anymore, and for that I'm a stranger to many new people. I'm just settling back into things now that the O2 is over and Jason's proved himself (as did the whole group). But trust me, if you want to get rid of me, just start up the Grohl thing again. As I said on the old board, I don't care how many Bonzo tattoos he's got, if I tattooed a Zoso on my d**k, that doesn't qualify me to play in Led Zeppelin, no matter how well I might play guitar.

Rant over. Sorry. :beer:

i personally agree with the gohl thing and that went a little too far...gohl has some issues...tattoo on your d**K...now i'm intrigued...that's the best comment i ever in awhile

Archived