hamilton says zep should tour

ledzepmanic

and why doesn't it merit a thread....who died and made you hall monitor

if you didn't like the thread, move on..you have posted items that i didn't agree and send out rude questions

Nobody did--I was asking a fucking straightforward QUESTION (what on earth makes it a rude question??), which last I heard was allowed by forum guidelines. A question to which I still don't have an answer. I didn't say this didn't merit a thread, I asked WHY it did--and if there's a good reason for singling out Hamilton, fine, no problem. But as you seem determined to take offense where none was intended, I'll say goodnight. Feel free to carry on insulting me when I'm gone.

Wow! This is indeed much ado about nothing! Does anyone here really believe this is worth all this mudslinging? It was a question. It may have rubbed someone wrong, but please, let it go! None of us are leaving, and it's better we find solutions to rough patches than create bad feelings between people. We're here for the same reason. Love of Zeppelin. Please drop your guard and let's have a beer! :beer:

Nobody did--I was asking a fucking straightforward QUESTION (what on earth makes it a rude question??), which last I heard was allowed by forum guidelines. A question to which I still don't have an answer. I didn't say this didn't merit a thread, I asked WHY it did--and if there's a good reason for singling out Hamilton, fine, no problem. But as you seem determined to take offense where none was intended, I'll say goodnight. Feel free to carry on insulting me when I'm gone.

and i'm the sensitive one??!?!

curious, just what is the purpose of "a high post count"? what does that get you, a prize? Front row tickets to the Zeppein Cavalcade of Repetition? I really dont see what that is supposed to do for an individual. More respect in the eyes of your peers? Help me on this one please...

Since you asked, generally speaking a high post count on a message board indicates

the person is a well established, avid contributor who abides by forum guidelines. This

is not to say someone with less than say, 50 posts is not, but it is to say the trolls,

morons and lunatics can almost always be identified and weeded out before attaining a significant post count. Yes, we do have spammers in the basement, but in that case

their content reflects more upon them than their post count.

Ultimately, it's just a tool for discernment. I'll invest more time and energy responding to a Zep Head than I will to a newbie. Nothing against newbies, but as we saw in the case

of steve51 tonight, that's the demographic within which you'll find the trolls.

If you or anyone else doesn't like or agree with my reply, that's fine. You asked the

question and I provided an answer based on my own opinons, observations and experience.

Wow! This is indeed much ado about nothing! Does anyone here really believe this is worth all this mudslinging? It was a question. It may have rubbed someone wrong, but please, let it go! None of us are leaving, and it's better we find solutions to rough patches than create bad feelings between people. We're here for the same reason. Love of Zeppelin. Please drop your guard and let's have a beer! :beer:

just one beer??? are you buying??

Since you asked, generally speaking a high post count on a message board indicates

the person is a well established, avid contributor who abides by forum guidelines. This

is not to say someone with less than say, 50 posts is not, but it is to say the trolls,

morons and lunatics can almost always be identified and weeded out before attaining a significant post count. Yes, we do have spammers in the basement, but in that case

their content reflects more upon them than their post count.

Ultimately, it's just a tool for discernment. I'll invest more time and energy responding to a Zep Head than I will to a newbie. Nothing against newbies, but as we saw in the case

of steve51 tonight, that's the demographic within which you'll find the trolls.

If you or anyone else doesn't like or agree with my reply, that's fine. You asked the

question and I provided an answer based on my own opinons, observations and experience.

thanks for info

Well said Steve! :beer:

The flipside though, as I said before, is that people who don't know you often presume from a high post count that you're a know-it-all, or worse, someone who makes innane, one-syllable posts in the Random thread just to drive their post count up. One can get pre-judged. I've certainly had newbies lash out at me for correcting their bad information saying I must think myself lord god almighty with so many posts on the old board. They were wrong of course, but the post count can have a reverse effect.

*edit to add* So many posts while I was typing! Yes, let's drink!!! :beer:

The flipside though, as I said before, is that people who don't know you often presume from a high post count that you're a know-it-all, or worse, someone who makes innane, one-syllable posts in the Random thread just to drive their post count up. One can get pre-judged. I've certainly had newbies lash out at me for correcting their bad information saying I must think myself lord god almighty with so many posts on the old board. They were wrong of course, but the post count can have a reverse effect.

cool...who's ready for shots???

That's very true Ev. What was the name of that thread Knebby started? I don't give a stuff about post counts :lol: Me thinks we need that resurected!

ledzepmaniac - I'd just like to offer up that I know Aquamarine very well and she's a close friend and a wonderful person. I think you were off the mark in how you interpreted her comments. It can happen on a message board because we're not face to face but she tried to explain what she was saying and it seemed as though you were more interested in attacking her.

^^Well Nick, word on the street is, Robert is happy that Zeppelin had its moment, proving the naysayers wrong and, despite Jimmy's desire to continue, feels the tribute to Ahmet a fitting end.

However he has been known to change his mind now and then. :beer:

^^Well Nick, word on the street is, Robert is happy that Zeppelin had its moment, proving the naysayers wrong and, despite Jimmy's desire to continue, feels the tribute to Ahmet a fitting end.

However he has been known to change his mind now and then. :beer:

he does change it frequently...maybe it's me but i think robert was generally surprised of all the good press they received after o2 concert which he briefly touched upon in that mornign show interview

Archived