hamilton says zep should tour

ledzepmanic

Since you asked, generally speaking a high post count on a message board indicates

the person is a well established, avid contributor who abides by forum guidelines. This

is not to say someone with less than say, 50 posts is not, but it is to say the trolls,

morons and lunatics can almost always be identified and weeded out before attaining a significant post count. Yes, we do have spammers in the basement, but in that case

their content reflects more upon them than their post count.

Ultimately, it's just a tool for discernment. I'll invest more time and energy responding to a Zep Head than I will to a newbie. Nothing against newbies, but as we saw in the case

of steve51 tonight, that's the demographic within which you'll find the trolls.

If you or anyone else doesn't like or agree with my reply, that's fine. You asked the

question and I provided an answer based on my own opinons, observations and experience.

Steve, please define a "newbie". Is it a person new to the board and perhaps somebody who has been turned on to Zep in, say, the last 5 years?

I'm a relative newbie to THIS board but have been an avid fan for over 30 years. If i have a low post count it's because everything i might be able to add has already been said. I really thought that i knew my Zep but you people......well, i'll stand aside and learn.

I promise to be a good little newbie and follow protocol until i graduate to Zep head.

Steve, please define a "newbie". Is it a person new to the board and perhaps somebody who has been turned on to Zep in, say, the last 5 years?

I'm a relative newbie to THIS board but have been an avid fan for over 30 years. If i have a low post count it's because everything i might be able to add has already been said. I really thought that i knew my Zep but you people......well, i'll stand aside and learn.

I promise to be a good little newbie and follow protocol until i graduate to Zep head.

Hi Zepaholic and welcome! I don't think Steve's point was to imply all new members should line up and behave like good little pledges until they earn their stripes. I think his point was more that trolls generally get filtered out rather soon and never get their post counts up. That's not to imply that all new members are newbies to Zeppelin. It's just that when someone goes off being a jerk and baiting arguments, chances are if his/her post count is small, the troll radar goes off. Cheers! :beer::wave:

Hi Zepaholic and welcome! I don't think Steve's point was to imply all new members should line up and behave like good little pledges until they earn their stripes. I think his point was more that trolls generally get filtered out rather soon and never get their post counts up. That's not to imply that all new members are newbies to Zeppelin. It's just that when someone goes off being a jerk and baiting arguments, chances are if his/her post count is small, the troll radar goes off. Cheers! :beer::wave:

First of all, thank you Evster for the greeting. I think that i understood where Steve was coming from but wanted some clarification. As a veteran member of other boards, i fully understand how a "newbie" can explode on the scene and totally disrupt all common sense and reason by being an imbecile. It sucks!

Lots of intersting folks on this board and looking forward to having some fun.

First of all, thank you Evster for the greeting. I think that i understood where Steve was coming from but wanted some clarification. As a veteran member of other boards, i fully understand how a "newbie" can explode on the scene and totally disrupt all common sense and reason by being an imbecile. It sucks!

Lots of intersting folks on this board and looking forward to having some fun.

You're welcome! Glad to have you here and do hope it's fun for you! Although you nabbed my friend Ria's username before she found the new forum! :lol:

Just kidding! She's creative. I'm sure she'll survive! I'll just have to remind myself that when I'm talking to you, it's not her!

As for disruptive newbies, yeah, they can be a pain. At least you know how to use punctuation and form a proper sentence!!!! That earns major points from post one (as I'm sure you know)! :lol:

Again, welcome! :wave:

BTW, you mentioned other forums. Any I might know you from? :beer:

You're welcome! Glad to have you here and do hope it's fun for you! Although you nabbed my friend Ria's username before she found the new forum! :lol:

Just kidding! She's creative. I'm sure she'll survive! I'll just have to remind myself that when I'm talking to you, it's not her!

As for disruptive newbies, yeah, they can be a pain. At least you know how to use punctuation and form a proper sentence!!!! That earns major points from post one (as I'm sure you know)! :lol:

Again, welcome! :wave:

BTW, you mentioned other forums. Any I might know you from? :beer:

You mean "Zepaholic"???? I SWEAR that i didn't intend to steal anybody's user name. As a lurker, i specifically looked for day"s to see if anybody used that name. Perhaps i missed it. I can go to admin and get it changed if need be. If you still talk to Ria, please tell her that it was completely unintentional and that i will change it PRONTO if she intends to use that name here.

Funny how the admin let me set up as Zepaholic if it was already in use though...

You mean "Zepaholic"???? I SWEAR that i didn't intend to steal anybody's user name. As a lurker, i specifically looked for day"s to see if anybody used that name. Perhaps i missed it. I can go to admin and get it changed if need be. If you still talk to Ria, please tell her that it was completely unintentional and that i will change it PRONTO if she intends to use that name here.

Funny how the admin let me set up as Zepaholic if it was already in use though...

Oh no no! She's "Zepaholic" on another forum! I'm sorry, I was just messing around! You claimed it here, it's yours! I would like to add though, that your reaction speaks volumes for your character! You meet all kinds on these forums. You have shown your quality so to speak! I salute you!

Cheers (and you get a real one! No little smiley for you!)! :D

EvGulpyFINAL.gif

Oh no no! She's "Zepaholic" on another forum! I'm sorry, I was just messing around! You claimed it here, it's yours! I would like to add though, that your reaction speaks volumes for your character! You meet all kinds on these forums. You have shown your quality so to speak! I salute you!

Cheers (and you get a real one! No little smiley for you!)! :D

EvGulpyFINAL.gif

Thanks, i was kind of shitting myself here over that. And i see that you like your pints, we'll get along just fine.

Lovely to see this thread end on this note, even if off topic (was there one?). :D

Agreed! Not that we're any sort of forum police, but I must agree that this "Zepaholic" is a class act! So few would get so worried about snagging another's username. That's class IMO! Hell, if I saw someone parading about as Evster, I'd be in a mighty twist! :lol:

Damn. I'm still awake???? :wacko:

Hey Aqua, if I fall off my chair, please cover me with a blanket! :kiss:

Since you asked, generally speaking a high post count on a message board indicates

the person is a well established, avid contributor who abides by forum guidelines. This

is not to say someone with less than say, 50 posts is not, but it is to say the trolls,

morons and lunatics can almost always be identified and weeded out before attaining a significant post count. Yes, we do have spammers in the basement, but in that case

their content reflects more upon them than their post count.

Ultimately, it's just a tool for discernment. I'll invest more time and energy responding to a Zep Head than I will to a newbie. Nothing against newbies, but as we saw in the case

of steve51 tonight, that's the demographic within which you'll find the trolls.

If you or anyone else doesn't like or agree with my reply, that's fine. You asked the

question and I provided an answer based on my own opinons, observations and experience.

no, that's fine...just the info i was lookin' for, thanks, Steve. I can always count on your professional replies and passion for "the boys", thanks!

Newbie= new to a particular board. They may or may not be a longstanding enthusiast

of the board's primary subject. Only they would know.

Again, speaking for myself, a post count is simply a tool for discernment. Ultimately, the

quality of any particular post stands on it's own...or not.

Newbie= new to a particular board. They may or may not be a longstanding enthusiast

Again, speaking for myself, a post count is simply a tool for discernment. Ultimately, the

Quite. The quality of posts made is the best indicator of a "n00b" to the Led Zeppelin Forums. Any thread that includes "Where can I buy Led Zeppelin bootlegs?" is a big giveaway. :rolleyes:

Got it, thanks.

Now, don't you think that Robert is being selfish by.....errrrr, nevermind

On Gene Simmons being a dick: 2002 interview, (which I heard on the radio live) goes wrong within seconds and then really goes off the rails. This is the only interview I've ever seen get removed from NPRs website (for legal reasons). It is recounted in these 4 windows media links below. Gene Simmons is incredibly cynical.

KISSFAQ.com: Gene Simmons NPR Interview 2/4/02, Part 1 (5:59 - 895Kb)

http://kissfaq.com/multimedia/audio/gene_npr_part1.wma

KISSFAQ.com: Gene Simmons NPR Interview 2/4/02, Part 2 (6:29 - 973Kb)

http://kissfaq.com/multimedia/audio/gene_npr_part2.wma

KISSFAQ.com: Gene Simmons NPR Interview 2/4/02, Part 3 (5:49 - 872Kb)

http://kissfaq.com/multimedia/audio/gene_npr_part3.wma

KISSFAQ.com: Gene Simmons NPR Interview 2/4/02, Part 4 (8:37 -

1,289Kb)

http://kissfaq.com/multimedia/audio/gene_npr_part4.wma

PS: Aerosmith + Desmond Child = Embarrosmith. What happened to you guys? You used to be my 2nd favorite band.

Archived