Robert Plant Interviewed on LA Radio Station

myledzep

I must admit I wish he wold quit knocking the Stones. He's obviously self conscious of the aging process on himself yet can't see things from a fan's perspective.

I'm not a big Stones fan-but if you like Rock and Roll you've gotta like the Stones somewhat eh? I worked their show when they came through town (I'm a stagehand) and I can tell you it was GREAT to see those legends up there-one of the great experiences of my life and Zeppelin would top that easily. The amount of musicianship that Jimmy and John Paul Jones pump out (not to mention the magic) makes Keith and Ron look like beginners and they rock as it is.

I don't see why great bands like this should be ashamed of enjoying their own musical legacy and playing their songs as long as they and their fans enjoy it. It would be nice if they were in eternal youth but as it is I don't mind seeing old folks up there rocking their souls out as long as they like.

I feel sorry for the other members of the band who obviously would love nothing more than to play the music that is their greatest life's work.

Oh yeah...now I remember, because HE called in. That's right.

Funny too, when he asked what was happening out and about in LA. Then he said, "Ah well, I suppose there will be something in Louisville."

And he was just....hangin around T-Bone's.....:lol:

Near the beginning, when they're talking about the Sex Pistols show at Brixton, Steve Jones says, "Your guitarist was there and he came backstage." Does he mean that Jimmy Page was at the show? They start going on about, "Was he wearing the stabilizers?" It's all very abstract. And I'm English. God knows what this interview must sound like to Americans!

Near the beginning, when they're talking about the Sex Pistols show at Brixton, Steve Jones says, "Your guitarist was there and he came backstage." Does he mean that Jimmy Page was at the show? They start going on about, "Was he wearing the stabilizers?" It's all very abstract. And I'm English. God knows what this interview must sound like to Americans!

I believe that Jimmy & his pal Ross H attended a Sex Pistols show about a month ago.

Ross had a diary entry about that show.

It would be nice if they were in eternal youth but as it is I don't mind seeing old folks up there rocking their souls out as long as they like.

Neither does Robert, that's why he's going to be spending the next few months on the road creating all kinds of new music. ;)

Neither does Robert, that's why he's going to be spending the next few months on the road creating all kinds of new music. ;)

Good...I like the T Bone project and I guess Robert feels more comfortable surrounded by youth than by his contemporaries....which I don't get but then I'm not a 60 something Golden God....

Good...I like the T Bone project and I guess Robert feels more comfortable surrounded by youth than by his contemporaries....which I don't get but then I'm not a 60 something Golden God....

It's because he's born under Leo; Leos are natural teachers and often use their knowledge and talent to educate the future generation.

Mick Jagger is a Leo too! And I'm really glad he hasn't been shamed out of celebrating the legacy of the Stones. Their 2002 show in Miami was hands-down one of the best concerts I've ever been to. People who say they're just a nostalgia act clearly don't know what they're talking about - the Stones (and Zep) can easily blow any of the young, hip bands off the stage.

Anyway, sorry to rant a bit. Now I must go listen to Jonesy's Jukebox again, I missed the reference to "stabilizers" (presumably to hold up our dear Jimmy??)

Mick Jagger is a Leo too! And I'm really glad he hasn't been shamed out of celebrating the legacy of the Stones. Their 2002 show in Miami was hands-down one of the best concerts I've ever been to. People who say they're just a nostalgia act clearly don't know what they're talking about - the Stones (and Zep) can easily blow any of the young, hip bands off the stage.

Anyway, sorry to rant a bit. Now I must go listen to Jonesy's Jukebox again, I missed the reference to "stabilizers" (presumably to hold up our dear Jimmy??)

Stabilizers? I may have missed that one, too.

More obscurity: near the start of the interview, Mr. Plant introduces himself as Marshall Brevitz (?!). I googled it and found Brevitz was the owner of a club in the late 60's called Thee Experience on Sunset Strip. The Doors played there by the way. I'm becoming convinced that Robert must genuinely be a fan. We know he quoted Jim's, "Out here on the perimeter there are no stars" lyric at the O2 show. And at another point in the Steve Jones interview he says something about supposing the Whisky isn't like it was in the old days "when Jim Morrison was falling off the stage."

Stabilizers could refer to orthodic devices put in shoes to help steady a person's feet. The Stablilizers were also a very obscure early 80's band from Pennsylvania.

Re the references to Top Shop and Carling's Special Brew, our British friends will have to help us with the context here - I guess he's implying that the V Festival is full of chavs and lager louts?

More obscurity: near the start of the interview, Mr. Plant introduces himself as Marshall Brevitz (?!). I googled it and found Brevitz was the owner of a club in the late 60's called Thee Experience on Sunset Strip. The Doors played there by the way. I'm becoming convinced that Robert must genuinely be a fan. We know he quoted Jim's, "Out here on the perimeter there are no stars" lyric at the O2 show. And at another point in the Steve Jones interview he says something about supposing the Whisky isn't like it was in the old days "when Jim Morrison was falling off the stage."

Stabilizers could refer to orthodic devices put in shoes to help steady a person's feet. The Stablilizers were also a very obscure early 80's band from Pennsylvania.

Re the references to Top Shop and Carling's Special Brew, our British friends will have to help us with the context here - I guess he's implying that the V Festival is full of chavs and lager louts?

......and He already has been brainwashed 4 hours now. A line from "American Prayer" by Jim Morrison................ or could just be right along with a thousand countless other people and quotes Plant has used as reference by many people, places and situations etc.over the years. ???

Hee... I can attest to the whole Leos being teachers and being around the younger generation thing. Not to mention their boldness and flamboyancy.

I even showed my four year old Leo "niece" (best girlfriend's daughter) the newer, clean video for Whole Lotta Love and told her that the way she is, reminds me of the guy with all the blonde hair. She LOVES to perform and loves to show her younger and other baby brother how to rock out. To Dora and other assorted kiddie shows. :P

I have another Leo male friend who taught me in my previous technical account and he is not afraid to say anything. Like Robert, he is not afraid to embarass himself.

Leo ladies, well, in my experience of the two or three I do know (no offense to any in here, just observation), I find them to be free spirits. They won't be tied down, and they get angry sometimes... yet they are sweethearts and some will do anything for you... some will commit and fawn, others will not. They do care, and want to see others happy.

Both sexes like to be treated like royalty. Leo, the Lion... regal. Makes sense.

Neither is he, he's 59. :D (OK, I know, I'm splitting hairs. But on the other hand I don't really think age has much relevance to making good music. Free were great when they were teenagers, BB King is great in his 80s.)

Regarding the other refs, Top Shop was and I assume still is a clothing store chain where I bought many a garment, way back when, don't know what rep it's got now. Carling's Special Brew I'll leave to the beer experts.

Archived