Ten Years After

dragster

Any TYA and Alvin Lee fans here?!!! :D:D ...........I dig those guys forever!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Years_After

My fave song by them....."I'd love to change the world"

Everywhere is freaks and hairies

Dykes and fairies, tell me where is sanity

Tax the rich, feed the poor

Till there are no rich no more

Id love to change the world

But I dont know what to do

So Ill leave it up to you

Population keeps on breeding

Nation bleeding, still more feeding economy

Life is funny, skies are sunny

Bees make honey, who needs money, monopoly

World pollution, theres no solution

Institution, electrocution

Just black and white, rich or poor

Them and us, stop the war

Aspaceintimetenyearsafter.jpg

Sho' nuff !

I first saw then on that 'A Space in Time' tour...November 1971...then again in '74.

Have several early albums...and the live Fillmore '70 cd, which IS GREAT ! and their 'recorded live' release....in answer to the bootlegs that were around in the early 70s.

And yeah...that Woodstock performance was incindiary !! Everyone always hooted in the threatres when that came on....the spliffer smoke became more apparent at that moment as well....ahhh..the good old days of puffin' doobies in movie theatres !! For rock shows anyway.....and even in plantetarium for the lazer shows !!! :thumbsup:

The Woodstock performance shot them into the public eye. Saw them in Apr 71 . They were a great band but I think they suffered a little from (Stairway Syndromn) with "I'm Going Home". For the rest of us, they were one of the best Blues/Rock bands of the era B)

Ten Years After Recorded Live 73 release outstading ALee was on his A game

He just kinda disappeared for a long stretch. What happened to cause this? Page and Beck have said that, he just blew them away

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a big fan of Ten Years After and Alvin Lee. I was blown away on Christmas 2006 when Woodstock was on Vh1 Classic and I'm Going Home was played. I wanted to hear more of them ASAP. So I did, and my dad helped. He had A Space In Time (Highly overrated, i think. Ssssh is better by far, same for Cricklewood Green) and Recorded Live. I got into them and I downloaded most of Alvin and TYA's albums and it's all good! I also got Saguitar after Christmas last year, and I love it!

I'm a big fan of Ten Years After and Alvin Lee. I was blown away on Christmas 2006 when Woodstock was on Vh1 Classic and I'm Going Home was played. I wanted to hear more of them ASAP. So I did, and my dad helped. He had A Space In Time (Highly overrated, i think. Ssssh is better by far, same for Cricklewood Green) and Recorded Live. I got into them and I downloaded most of Alvin and TYA's albums and it's all good! I also got Saguitar after Christmas last year, and I love it!

Ssssh is a great album. "Good Morning Little School Girl" love that version. I'm partial to they're live stuff and wish I'd seen them more than just the one time.

Sssh is a great record, probably my favorite. Bad Scene and Stoned Woman are fucking cool, love the fuzz on the first one.

I have to recomend another record signed Alvin Lee, which he made with Mylon LeFevre in 1973. The title track, On The Road To Freedom, makes it worth the purchase alone.

The british rock'n'roll elite from the era is guesting too, among ohters George Harrison, Mick Fleetwood, Jim Capaldi, Mike Patto, Ron Wood and Stevie Winwood.

I've got the vinyl, which is quite rare, but I believe it's released on CD as well.

Be sure to check it out!

e84264f6sv4.jpg