Ten Years After

dragster

I won't ever have a chance at finding that anytime soon,so I was fortunate to find a download for it. I haven't listened to it yet, but soon.

How about Cricklewood Green? Can't say no to 50,000 Miles Beneath My Brain!

"Love Like A Man" was the first TYA song we all learned to play. Simple enough but.. I still fire away on that riff to this day :D

I think Stonedhenge is really good, sure has it's fine moments, and it's quite different to the other albums. One of my favorite songs are on it, No Title, and let's not forget Hear Me Calling. Both songs are deadly. Check 'em out, I'm sure you'd like 'em.

How about the debut, titled Ten Years After? It has many great song too.

Sssh is a great record, probably my favorite. Bad Scene and Stoned Woman are fucking cool, love the fuzz on the first one.

I have to recomend another record signed Alvin Lee, which he made with Mylon LeFevre in 1973. The title track, On The Road To Freedom, makes it worth the purchase alone.

The british rock'n'roll elite from the era is guesting too, among ohters George Harrison, Mick Fleetwood, Jim Capaldi, Mike Patto, Ron Wood and Stevie Winwood.

I've got the vinyl, which is quite rare, but I believe it's released on CD as well.

Be sure to check it out!

e84264f6sv4.jpg

Yer riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!! :)

• 3 months later...

Picture161.jpg

Alvin Lee is the Man this is one of My all time top shows.My first time to see the Outlaws and My third TYA show .No doubt one of the all time great Bands.

Here is a solo show Black Oak opened this one in 79

alvinleewarehouse79nola.jpg

Edited by alwizard03

Alvin is vastly underrated and almost unknown to younger generations today. I got his latest album from last year and it's great. I highly recommend it. And there's one thing that blew my mind and that was that his voice has stayed the same over the years.

Alvin is vastly underrated and almost unknown to younger generations today.

Yeah which is a great great shame, he was such a hot punch guitarist, he was so good.

I loved their performance of Good Morning Little School Girl at Woodstock, it was one of the most kick-ass performances of the whole things!

Don't forget Leo Lyons on bass too, he was an awesome bassist, as can be seen at Woodstock, his interplay with Alvin Lee was just perfect

Ric Lee great on drums as well

Yeah which is a great great shame, he was such a hot punch guitarist, he was so good.

I loved their performance of Good Morning Little School Girl at Woodstock, it was one of the most kick-ass performances of the whole things!

Don't forget Leo Lyons on bass too, he was an awesome bassist, as can be seen at Woodstock, his interplay with Alvin Lee was just perfect

Ric Lee great on drums as well

It shames me to say this, but I haven't seen or heard their rendition of Good Morning Little Schoolgirl from Woodstock. Only I'm Going Home, which got me into them.

And Leo is underrated as well! His bass solo on the said song is just out of hand and crazy. Him himself is crazy!

I cannot recall a version of Good Morning Little Schoolgirl from Woodstock, though I think it's been recorded on some other show, like the Isle Of Wight or something like it.. Anyway, their live version is the greatest.

Once again I will have to recomend Live At The Fillmore East 1970. It's by far their best live recording I've heard. They had just released Crickelwoood Green when they recorded it and they were definitely on top of their game. If you happen to get the CD, there are great liner notes by Ric Lee, their drummer.

Alvin is vastly underrated and almost unknown to younger generations today. I got his latest album from last year and it's great. I highly recommend it. And there's one thing that blew my mind and that was that his voice has stayed the same over the years.

VERY underrated !! :(

No love for WATT? That was\is my fave, the vinyl was cool because it came with a nice poster.

WATT is great as well. I got the original vinyl with the poster! Really cool. I like Think About The Times with that great solo played through a leslie.

Cool. If I had to pick a fave track from Watt it'd be She Lies In The Morning. I love the groove of that tune however My Baby Left Me has an infectious riff too. All in all a very solid album. I think WATT and Cricklewood Green was their best work but all of it is great. Though I must admit I never really got into A Space In Time.

I have to say Sssh is my very favourite, but I do love all TYA albums up to Live 1973. Crickelwood Green is absolutely a solid album, lots of cool arrangements on it too. It's definitely an underrated band.

I cannot recall a version of Good Morning Little Schoolgirl from Woodstock, though I think it's been recorded on some other show, like the Isle Of Wight or something like it..

Actually I could be wrong, it could be an Isle of Wight recording...

What does Alvin say at the end of the Isle Of Wight recording?

Actually I could be wrong, it could be an Isle of Wight recording...

What does Alvin say at the end of the Isle Of Wight recording?

I don't remember much of the talk between the songs since I haven't seen it in years.. I do remeber a great verison of I Can't Keep From Crying when Alvin is tuning down the E-string and then back up again on the extended solo, really cool.

I don't remember much of the talk between the songs since I haven't seen it in years.. I do remeber a great verison of I Can't Keep From Crying when Alvin is tuning down the E-string and then back up again on the extended solo, really cool.

That actually became part of the song. Because you can hear it in both "Recorded Live" and "Live at Fillmore East." I think I Can't Keep From Cryin' Sometimes is quite possibly their greatest song, the studio version doesn't seem it, but once you listen to it live, you know then.