What color do you think of when you hear...

Jarlaxle 56

Here's something fun to try, listen to a song and then post the song and the first color that pops into your head when you hear that song. If there isn't a distinct color in your head just move on to a different song.

Here are some that I did....

Lateralus- Tool (Green)

Stadium Arcadium- RHCP (Yellow)

Ride The Lightning- Metallica (Dark Blue)

MFC- Pearl Jam (Dark Red)

Try it out! I'm curious to see what you come up with for different songs.

The color I see tends to coincide with the color of the album cover. I actually read an interview with Jimmy Page where the guy told him about that theory, and said "for example, Houses Of The Holy is a very orange-sounding album to me. Does that make sense?" And Jimmy said, yes, that made sense to him.

So I always think of songs on LZ IV as being grey, songs on Houses sounding Orange, LZ II as sounding brownish...

The color I see tends to coincide with the color of the album cover. I actually read an interview with Jimmy Page where the guy told him about that theory, and said "for example, Houses Of The Holy is a very orange-sounding album to me. Does that make sense?" And Jimmy said, yes, that made sense to him.

So I always think of songs on LZ IV as being grey, songs on Houses sounding Orange, LZ II as sounding brownish...

i agree with you i see it the same way

If you look at the thread starters list...there are several bands...

Why do people seem to think it's Zep exclusive ?

i think the jimmy quote about HOTH being "orange" got everyone going... but I'll talk other bands..

The Velvet Underground and Nico- Purple/Yellow

In the Court of the Crimson King- I see it changing from Dark Red to light blue every other song

21st Century Schizoid Man- Dark Red

I Talk to the Wind- Light/sky Blue

Epitaph- Dark Red

Moonchild- Light/sky Blue

In the Court of the Crimson King- Dark Red

Black Sabbath - Paranoid (shocking pink and BLACK)

Deep Purple - Shades of DP (Purple!)

:lol: these two bands, whatever the color of their cover albums are i still do think black and purple for them

oh and

Metallica (their self titled album) - BLACK

Archived