Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
The Bomber

The Thin Lizzy Thread

All true,its not "jamming",its tightly arranged,upbeat,and usually just a flurry of drunken happiness,lots of fun.

I love Black Rose and Emerald though,great celtic rock songs.

Black Rose is quite a tear-jerker for me :( , beautiful nontheless.

Black Rose is quite a tear-jerker for me :( , beautiful nontheless.

Indeed it is,reminds me of Phil :( What a song,it was the final encore at the show.

Still In Love with you was dedicated to Phil,it was amazing.

Bomber, I just saw your signature!

"Physco and Jailbreak sync well around the shower scene" :lol: :lol:

Black Rose does remind me of Phil :mellow:

And if I told you that my Band was 'The Boys', that I met Phil and 'Tin Lizzy' as the band was originally called back at the beginning of the seventies. That was after the band 'The Boys', me and Phil hit it off right from the beginning, and I told him about my band and that I'd left the 'straight' world to join the 'Peace Convoy'. Phil was always courting me, he told me a lot of the songs for for me and on some, we sang about my traveller friends and my Family.

The year he died, I was having a lot of trouble with 'Thatcher', who smashed up the 'Peace Convoy' and me, I was locked away, no trial, no charges!

When I got out eventually, everything had moved on, the 'lads' didn't want to know me, they would rather employ someone the 'play the part' for them, than give me any recognition.

I expect they'll be the same here, there are just too many plagiarists doing that these days.

'Bomber'?, my Dad was in the R.A.F., 'Bomber Harris' is a war veteran, 'Stevie Harris' of 'Iran Maiden' claims he is 'Bomber Harris', there's another here and God know how many people using names connecting themselves to me/and or Phil.

I don't suppose you'll believe me, but I know the truth and I know that most of you never will.....

(That includes Phil's so-called 'friends', I know he wouldn't have shut me out the way they have, because the songs are about my life and family too, people they will never know.........)

Congratulate the plagiarist frauds if you will, to me they are blood sucking monsters, that don't know anything about the people the songs are about and never will.

Edited by Roisin Dubh

And if I told you that my Band was 'The Boys', that I met Phil and 'Tin Lizzy' as the band was originally called back at the beginning of the seventies. That was after the band 'The Boys', me and Phil hit it off right from the beginning, and I told him about my band and that I'd left the 'straight' world to join the 'Peace Convoy'. Phil was always courting me, he told me a lot of the songs for for me and on some, we sang about my traveller friends and my Family.

The year he died, I was having a lot of trouble with 'Thatcher', who smashed up the 'Peace Convoy' and me, I was locked away, no trial, no charges!

When I got out eventually, everything had moved on, the 'lads' didn't want to know me, they would rather employ someone the 'play the part' for them, than give me any recognition.

I expect they'll be the same here, there are just too many plagiarists doing that these days.

'Bomber'?, my Dad was in the R.A.F., 'Bomber Harris' is a war veteran, 'Stevie Harris' of 'Iran Maiden' claims he is 'Bomber Harris', there's another here and God know how many people using names connecting themselves to me/and or Phil.

I don't suppose you'll believe me, but I know the truth and I know that most of you never will.....

(That includes Phil's so-called 'friends', I know he wouldn't have shut me out the way they have, because the songs are about my life and family too, people they will never know.........)

Congratulate the plagiarist frauds if you will, to me they are blood sucking monsters, that don't know anything about the people the songs are about and never will.

I've stopped caring about you abusing me for nothing,I NEVER said i knew Phil,you do it all the time,look at you fucking screen name!I explained my name in my sig and in a PM to you AND a comment on your page,now if i say "Alright,i'm a shitpile who doesn't deserve an opinion on art and you were Phil's best and only friend ever and no one else deserves the honour of being allowed listen to his sacred music" will you shut up?

Oh,one quick guess,are you Phil's mum?If so,your son has fans,and no disrespect,but get over it,i'm allowed like his music.

Oh,wait,his mum wouldn't mind the fans as much as you do.

Pleased to see this Thin Lizzy thread.

Saw them many times over the years with their evolving line up, with Robbo, Gary Moore,Snowy White and finally with John Sykes providing that unmistakable twin lead sound along with, the ever constant, Scott Gorham.

One of the finest live bands ever, typified on 'The Live and Dangerous' recordings.

Was really saddened by Phil's passing but was lucky enough to meet the guys in Manchester back in 1982.

I have some treasured memorabelia I've kept hold of too.

Read something last year about Phil 's mum, Philomena , allowing Phil's revered black bass to be played for the first time since his death by a guy from an up and coming Irish band called The Answer - read JP was taking a lot of interest in them too.

Wow, that must be quite an honour. I've heard of The Answer before but I didn't know that they were Irish.

On their myspace you can listen to a very warm message left by Phil's mother, Philomena, right before Christmas. Bless her soul.

I was just looking for a link but it appears that it's not there anymore.

I've stopped caring about you abusing me for nothing,I NEVER said i knew Phil,you do it all the time,look at you fucking screen name!I explained my name in my sig and in a PM to you AND a comment on your page,now if i say "Alright,i'm a shitpile who doesn't deserve an opinion on art and you were Phil's best and only friend ever and no one else deserves the honour of being allowed listen to his sacred music" will you shut up?

Oh,one quick guess,are you Phil's mum?If so,your son has fans,and no disrespect,but get over it,i'm allowed like his music.

Oh,wait,his mum wouldn't mind the fans as much as you do.

This IS 'ABUSE'!!!!!

My 'username' was given to me by Phil Lynott himself, his Mother is NOT his 'teen dream' etc, you are the usual IGNORANT PIG 'FAN'.........

The 'BAD' thing about Phil, was that he was a 'Headonist', now he's dead!!!! You are following the abusers that follow in his footsteps, that care NOTHING for the 'real' people in his life or that the songs are about them, all you care about is the Plagiarists and FRAUDS who make a claim on his

life or claim to be NATZI BOMBERS!!!! It suits you!

That Music is as much mine as it was Phil's, but you show me NO respect!

Go back to Hell with Hitler, where you belong with your NATZI WAR PLANE,

Don't throw your ignorant pig abuse at me!

This IS 'ABUSE'!!!!!

My 'username' was given to me by Phil Lynott himself, his Mother is NOT his 'teen dream' etc, you are the usual IGNORANT PIG 'FAN'.........

The 'BAD' thing about Phil, was that he was a 'Headonist', now he's dead!!!! You are following the abusers that follow in his footsteps, that care NOTHING for the 'real' people in his life or that the songs are about them, all you care about is the Plagiarists and FRAUDS who make a claim on his

life or claim to be NATZI BOMBERS!!!! It suits you!

That Music is as much mine as it was Phil's, but you show me NO respect!

Go back to Hell with Hitler, where you belong with your NATZI WAR PLANE,

Don't throw your ignorant pig abuse at me!

No,THIS is abuse,let me slowly deconstruct your argument:

BLACK ROSE HAS NO CONNECTIONS TO YOU WHATSOEVER!Prove it!Show me exactly where in the lyrics it mentions you,go on,it's about Celtic legends!

I jokingly asked if you were his mother,then said "Wait no,she's a cool person",you are not,you want to be NOT ONLY the only fan in the world BUT ALSO the songwriter,you're trying to take credit for Phil's work,he'd at least give you a credit if you wrote it!

Show us any interview where Phil speaks of you.

I NEVER claimed to know about his personal life,all i know is just what i've read in his biography,I'M ALLOWED TO LISTEN TO WHATEVER MUSIC I PLEASE!!!

The so called "plagiarists" and "frauds" have nothing on you,you want credit for Phil's work,if you deserved credit then Phil would give it to you,so show me one place where i can find a SINGLE reference to you,you call Phil's music 'our music' as if you produced the art,Iran Maiden are artists that do songs very differently to Thin Lizzy,the vocal style is different,Phil is deep,Bruce is high,guitar harmonies were invented by Thin Lizzy,but it's just a tool to create art,anyone can use it,Maiden has 3 guitarists,Lizzy only ever had 2,1 of Maiden's will always play in drop D,the others play independent solo's etc... It's counterpointed and takes more from J.S. Bach than Thin Lizzy,Steve Harris plays completely different basslines to Phil,they have NOTHING in common as bassists,Steve was more technically proficient,Phil was a better writer.Maiden did a cover of "Massacre",so what?They just love Thin Lizzy,they don't claim to own Phil's music like you do.

I love Thin Lizzy,i don't claim to know anything about them,i just love them.

Now i will address the most alarming point of your post,you call me a nazi and tell me to go to hell with Hitler,you're sick,do you know anything about MY life?Why hould i be froced to carry the burden of your life if you won't even understand me?I've actually gotten death threats from the KKK for my anti-racism,nazi's have called me "traitor's of the aryan race",everyday i get abuse from racists,and do you know what i do?I try to talk to them,i talk to them and with time,i save some of them from their racism,i've been attacked,abused,knifed,punched,kicked,etc... for anti-racism,have you ever been threatened with death by the KKK?Racists want me dead,anti-racists actually seek out my help for debates,i have been dubbed "n*gger lover!' by nazi's,i am personally offended.

How do you expect me to show respect for someone who abuses me like this?

Who is "Iran Maiden"? What a cool fuckin' band name.

They opened for "Iraq the Boat" on the Sand Niggas fertile crescent tour of '88.

No,THIS is abuse,let me slowly deconstruct your argument:

BLACK ROSE HAS NO CONNECTIONS TO YOU WHATSOEVER!Prove it!Show me exactly where in the lyrics it mentions you,go on,it's about Celtic legends!

I jokingly asked if you were his mother,then said "Wait no,she's a cool person",you are not,you want to be NOT ONLY the only fan in the world BUT ALSO the songwriter,you're trying to take credit for Phil's work,he'd at least give you a credit if you wrote it!

Show us any interview where Phil speaks of you.

I NEVER claimed to know about his personal life,all i know is just what i've read in his biography,I'M ALLOWED TO LISTEN TO WHATEVER MUSIC I PLEASE!!!

The so called "plagiarists" and "frauds" have nothing on you,you want credit for Phil's work,if you deserved credit then Phil would give it to you,so show me one place where i can find a SINGLE reference to you,you call Phil's music 'our music' as if you produced the art,Iran Maiden are artists that do songs very differently to Thin Lizzy,the vocal style is different,Phil is deep,Bruce is high, guitar harmonies were invented by Thin Lizzy,but it's just a tool to create art,anyone can use it,Maiden has 3 guitarists,Lizzy only ever had 2,1 of Maiden's will always play in drop D,the others play independent solo's etc... It's counterpointed and takes more from J.S. Bach than Thin Lizzy,Steve Harris plays completely different basslines to Phil,they have NOTHING in common as bassists,Steve was more technically proficient,Phil was a better writer.Maiden did a cover of "Massacre",so what?They just love Thin Lizzy,they don't claim to own Phil's music like you do.

I love Thin Lizzy,i don't claim to know anything about them,i just love them.

Now i will address the most alarming point of your post,you call me a nazi and tell me to go to hell with Hitler,you're sick,do you know anything about MY life?Why hould i be froced to carry the burden of your life if you won't even understand me?I've actually gotten death threats from the KKK for my anti-racism,nazi's have called me "traitor's of the aryan race",everyday i get abuse from racists,and do you know what i do?I try to talk to them,i talk to them and with time,i save some of them from their racism,i've been attacked,abused,knifed,punched,kicked,etc... for anti-racism,have you ever been threatened with death by the KKK?Racists want me dead,anti-racists actually seek out my help for debates,i have been dubbed "n*gger lover!' by nazi's,i am personally offended.

How do you expect me to show respect for someone who abuses me like this?

You are one bad mouthed Mother ******!!!!

The words of the Song are 'My 'Teen Dream', my 'Rock Queen', my 'Rosaleen', my 'Frauline', my 'Roisin Dubh', my one and only true love.

You are just the same as all the other ignorant morons that bad mouth me, that know nothing of the truth.

I have NOT told you that you shouldn't like the music, Phil DOES sing about me, but you don't even know my name, so you wouldn't hear it and don't know, you will never know and like all the other abusers, you make rotten 'judgements' and curse me, well it's YOU that is cursed with your rotten ignorance!!!

You told me that your 'user name' was in reference to a 'German Bomber Plane', that was being used during the WAR, That IS 'NATZI'!!!!

I lived in Germany for a long time and have many friends there and don't claim to be anything like a 'German Bomber'!!!!!

You are a SICK ROTTEN ABUSER, who will never know the truth!!!!

Go back to Hell with your rotten 'Judgements' I am NOT going to tell you about me and Phil, or anything else because you are IGNORANT & NASTY & ROTTEN!!!!!!

Edited by Roisin Dubh

Ok, can we please stop this, whatever it is. I think we would all prefer Phil to be left to rest in peace and we don't need these kind of arguments here.

I'm not taking sides but I would like it if we could get back to talking about Thin Lizzy as a band, and leave personal matters out of it.

Ok, can we please stop this, whatever it is. I think we would all prefer Phil to be left to rest in peace and we don't need these kind of arguments here.

I'm not taking sides but I would like it if we could get back to talking about Thin Lizzy as a band, and leave personal matters out of it.

Oh,so true,i am NOT a nazi,let me clear that up,'Zeppelins' were intended to be bombers,hence the name.

Now,back to Thin Lizzy,if you ever saw them live,even the Sykes thing like i did,what was the highlight?For me,it was Cold Sweat,hands down.

So,bury the hatchet lads,no more nasty comments. (Which means me as well)

I agree.

Unfortunately I never got to see Thin Lizzy (well, not yet anyway). I was going to see them in 2006 (I think), on the Double Trouble Tour of Australia, where they were supposed to double-headline with Cheap Trick, but unfortunately it was canceled :( , and that was my only ever chance. I never found out why it was canceled, does anybody know?

I seriously hope they return :) .

Besides that, I know a few people who saw them on their most recent tour of England, and thoroughly enjoyed it. My favourite guitarist, Dan Hawkins, was in the band who supported them (Stone Gods) and then he went round and watched the show afterwards and started the moshpit :D .

Edited by GibsonGirl

Yes let's talk about 'Lizzy' as a 'Band'..... they worked with quite a few musicians who don't get mentioned on the sleeves, including quite q few 'Gypsies and Travellers, including myself, (I Sing, play Mandolin, Guitar and Irish Drums.)

Believe or or not, not everyone wants their name in lights or be the center of attention.

(My Music is strictly 'LIVE', I only ever play at 'Gatherings' and 'Live Acoustic Sessions', usually camp fire stuff.)

Yes let's talk about 'Lizzy' as a 'Band'..... they worked with quite a few musicians who don't get mentioned on the sleeves, including quite q few 'Gypsies and Travellers, including myself, (I Sing, play Mandolin, Guitar and Irish Drums.)

Believe or or not, not everyone wants their name in lights or be the center of attention.

(My Music is strictly 'LIVE', I only ever play at 'Gatherings' and 'Live Acoustic Sessions', usually camp fire stuff.)

Sounds cool,i'm very sorry for the 'abuse',i was about to post a complete apology until you called me a nazi,i reacted badly to that,my first user name choice was 'Brown Bomber' after LZ II's nickname,but it was taken,then,after much searching for an untaken user name,i came up with this,about as much nazi reference as the band who's forum we're on.

And i heard that Phil's first band was "The Black Eagles" in a biography i read,can anyone confirm that?I heard that the band wanted Phil's uncle Peter (Who,according to the biography was only a few years older than Phil) to play and brought Phil in for one gig to entice Peter in,but Phil was so good they kept him instead,can this be confirmed?

I will accept your apology, you would not understand what it's like to be plagiarised, defrauded and shut out by people who sell your music or make fraudulent claims involving you, (I.M.- S.S.O.A.S.S.)

I can't help with any 'History', back before I met Phil, back in the early '70's, he was with Brian Downey and Scott Goreham, who I have only talked to a couple of times, they didn't see as much of me as Phil did and they don't know me or care about me.

I know Phil would NOT have shut me out like some of his 'friends' have, the last time I saw Phil, he had fallen out with a lot of them and was in a Band called 'Grand Slam', at Bath Uni, I gave him a photo of me in my Band, 'The Boys', that he had asked for, the rest of the Band will have seen it I guess, you'd have to ask them.

Unfortunately I was with friends at the time and couldn't stick around after the Gig, I didn't know I would never see him alive again, I didn't know how ill he was. :drunk:

Then, not long after that, he made 'Out in the Fields' with Gary, who, sadly, I have never met.

I believe you Roison...... though you really did leave yourself wide open.... nevermind......As for Lizzy i only saw them once. 1975 at Liverpool Stadium with City Boy & String Driven Thing as support.....

When Lizzy played the Opera House Gary Moore and Scott Gorham were on guitars.

Awesome duo.

I heard they were touring again, but without Phil would it be the same?

No, it would be like Led Zeppelin without Robert.

I turned the tv on last night to see this concert...well, the last 10 minutes!! I was annoyed that I missed it...on one of the satellite channels. It looked a fantastic gig. Phil was in his element, looking and sounding like he was having a ball :D

It was unfortunate as the recorded sound quality was below par. Was it originally recorded as an Australian tv special?

I turned the tv on last night to see this concert...well, the last 10 minutes!! I was annoyed that I missed it...on one of the satellite channels. It looked a fantastic gig. Phil was in his element, looking and sounding like he was having a ball :D

It was unfortunate as the recorded sound quality was below par. Was it originally recorded as an Australian tv special?

I don't know, but there is an official DVD of that night.

Brian Downey took some time off for that tour so he wasn't there I don't think.

I have another Thin Lizzy DVD an the quality was rubbish, great concert but I don't think that the recording technology was very advanced at the time. These things were filmed with the intention for videos.

I believe you Roison...... though you really did leave yourself wide open.... nevermind......As for Lizzy i only saw them once. 1975 at Liverpool Stadium with City Boy & String Driven Thing as support.....

Since Phil died, there have been a long line, almost an ARMY of people who have called me all the bad names under the Sun, I know Phil did NOT leave me without any credit on purpose, no-one thought he would die, even though a lot of people knew he was ill.

Those ignorant slanderers do NOT know the truth, that there was a really good reason for Phil not mentioning me on the 'credits', I was still Married to a Southern Irishman back then, but 'separated', we didn't want any more 'trouble', for Ireland, so my existence was not publicly acknowledged!

(except in the Music, where my 'real' name is mentioned quite a few times, including the place I used to live, after the Divorce!)

The people who still sell his 'merchandise' do not give me even the time of day, they are money grabbing sharks, who care nothing for the truth. The 'web' site, collects 'donations' of which I get

not one penny! The 'fraud', begins with black plastic, which is then turned into a black marble slab, similar to the one seen on the moon in the film '2001'.

It was NOT Phil's intention to defraud me, but some of his so called 'friends' have done that,

that wasn't his fault and he has no way of stopping them or setting things right..........

Put it down to 'greed' and the 'need' of some to be 'famous', I have never wanted that!

Some will do anything for fame or money, lie cheat and steal, the only thing I can do, is protest

and pray that one day they will see the light and the harm they are doing with fraud and plagiarism, which is spoken of in the 'Scriptures'.............

From 'Peter 2-2' and other parts of the 'Holy Scriptures'.

'and many follow pernicious ways, by reason of whom, the ways of truth are 'evil' spoken of,

and do they, through the ways of covetousness, with feigned words, make 'merchandise', whose 'judgements' of a long time lingereth not and whose 'damnation', slumbereth not.........

........... for whom the mists of darkness are for eternity.........

..........and promising themselves eternal life and love and liberty, they are in the bonds of iniquity and the works of darkness and delusion.........

as Phil's 'Rock Queen' I am the 'Queen without a King', sad but true......... Sela.