The Thin Lizzy Thread

The Bomber

This IS 'ABUSE'!!!!!

My 'username' was given to me by Phil Lynott himself, his Mother is NOT his 'teen dream' etc, you are the usual IGNORANT PIG 'FAN'.........

The 'BAD' thing about Phil, was that he was a 'Headonist', now he's dead!!!! You are following the abusers that follow in his footsteps, that care NOTHING for the 'real' people in his life or that the songs are about them, all you care about is the Plagiarists and FRAUDS who make a claim on his

life or claim to be NATZI BOMBERS!!!! It suits you!

That Music is as much mine as it was Phil's, but you show me NO respect!

Go back to Hell with Hitler, where you belong with your NATZI WAR PLANE,

Don't throw your ignorant pig abuse at me!

No,THIS is abuse,let me slowly deconstruct your argument:

BLACK ROSE HAS NO CONNECTIONS TO YOU WHATSOEVER!Prove it!Show me exactly where in the lyrics it mentions you,go on,it's about Celtic legends!

I jokingly asked if you were his mother,then said "Wait no,she's a cool person",you are not,you want to be NOT ONLY the only fan in the world BUT ALSO the songwriter,you're trying to take credit for Phil's work,he'd at least give you a credit if you wrote it!

Show us any interview where Phil speaks of you.

I NEVER claimed to know about his personal life,all i know is just what i've read in his biography,I'M ALLOWED TO LISTEN TO WHATEVER MUSIC I PLEASE!!!

The so called "plagiarists" and "frauds" have nothing on you,you want credit for Phil's work,if you deserved credit then Phil would give it to you,so show me one place where i can find a SINGLE reference to you,you call Phil's music 'our music' as if you produced the art,Iran Maiden are artists that do songs very differently to Thin Lizzy,the vocal style is different,Phil is deep,Bruce is high,guitar harmonies were invented by Thin Lizzy,but it's just a tool to create art,anyone can use it,Maiden has 3 guitarists,Lizzy only ever had 2,1 of Maiden's will always play in drop D,the others play independent solo's etc... It's counterpointed and takes more from J.S. Bach than Thin Lizzy,Steve Harris plays completely different basslines to Phil,they have NOTHING in common as bassists,Steve was more technically proficient,Phil was a better writer.Maiden did a cover of "Massacre",so what?They just love Thin Lizzy,they don't claim to own Phil's music like you do.

I love Thin Lizzy,i don't claim to know anything about them,i just love them.

Now i will address the most alarming point of your post,you call me a nazi and tell me to go to hell with Hitler,you're sick,do you know anything about MY life?Why hould i be froced to carry the burden of your life if you won't even understand me?I've actually gotten death threats from the KKK for my anti-racism,nazi's have called me "traitor's of the aryan race",everyday i get abuse from racists,and do you know what i do?I try to talk to them,i talk to them and with time,i save some of them from their racism,i've been attacked,abused,knifed,punched,kicked,etc... for anti-racism,have you ever been threatened with death by the KKK?Racists want me dead,anti-racists actually seek out my help for debates,i have been dubbed "n*gger lover!' by nazi's,i am personally offended.

How do you expect me to show respect for someone who abuses me like this?

No,THIS is abuse,let me slowly deconstruct your argument:

BLACK ROSE HAS NO CONNECTIONS TO YOU WHATSOEVER!Prove it!Show me exactly where in the lyrics it mentions you,go on,it's about Celtic legends!

I jokingly asked if you were his mother,then said "Wait no,she's a cool person",you are not,you want to be NOT ONLY the only fan in the world BUT ALSO the songwriter,you're trying to take credit for Phil's work,he'd at least give you a credit if you wrote it!

Show us any interview where Phil speaks of you.

I NEVER claimed to know about his personal life,all i know is just what i've read in his biography,I'M ALLOWED TO LISTEN TO WHATEVER MUSIC I PLEASE!!!

The so called "plagiarists" and "frauds" have nothing on you,you want credit for Phil's work,if you deserved credit then Phil would give it to you,so show me one place where i can find a SINGLE reference to you,you call Phil's music 'our music' as if you produced the art,Iran Maiden are artists that do songs very differently to Thin Lizzy,the vocal style is different,Phil is deep,Bruce is high, guitar harmonies were invented by Thin Lizzy,but it's just a tool to create art,anyone can use it,Maiden has 3 guitarists,Lizzy only ever had 2,1 of Maiden's will always play in drop D,the others play independent solo's etc... It's counterpointed and takes more from J.S. Bach than Thin Lizzy,Steve Harris plays completely different basslines to Phil,they have NOTHING in common as bassists,Steve was more technically proficient,Phil was a better writer.Maiden did a cover of "Massacre",so what?They just love Thin Lizzy,they don't claim to own Phil's music like you do.

I love Thin Lizzy,i don't claim to know anything about them,i just love them.

Now i will address the most alarming point of your post,you call me a nazi and tell me to go to hell with Hitler,you're sick,do you know anything about MY life?Why hould i be froced to carry the burden of your life if you won't even understand me?I've actually gotten death threats from the KKK for my anti-racism,nazi's have called me "traitor's of the aryan race",everyday i get abuse from racists,and do you know what i do?I try to talk to them,i talk to them and with time,i save some of them from their racism,i've been attacked,abused,knifed,punched,kicked,etc... for anti-racism,have you ever been threatened with death by the KKK?Racists want me dead,anti-racists actually seek out my help for debates,i have been dubbed "n*gger lover!' by nazi's,i am personally offended.

How do you expect me to show respect for someone who abuses me like this?

You are one bad mouthed Mother ******!!!!

The words of the Song are 'My 'Teen Dream', my 'Rock Queen', my 'Rosaleen', my 'Frauline', my 'Roisin Dubh', my one and only true love.

You are just the same as all the other ignorant morons that bad mouth me, that know nothing of the truth.

I have NOT told you that you shouldn't like the music, Phil DOES sing about me, but you don't even know my name, so you wouldn't hear it and don't know, you will never know and like all the other abusers, you make rotten 'judgements' and curse me, well it's YOU that is cursed with your rotten ignorance!!!

You told me that your 'user name' was in reference to a 'German Bomber Plane', that was being used during the WAR, That IS 'NATZI'!!!!

I lived in Germany for a long time and have many friends there and don't claim to be anything like a 'German Bomber'!!!!!

You are a SICK ROTTEN ABUSER, who will never know the truth!!!!

Go back to Hell with your rotten 'Judgements' I am NOT going to tell you about me and Phil, or anything else because you are IGNORANT & NASTY & ROTTEN!!!!!!

Edited by Roisin Dubh

Ok, can we please stop this, whatever it is. I think we would all prefer Phil to be left to rest in peace and we don't need these kind of arguments here.

I'm not taking sides but I would like it if we could get back to talking about Thin Lizzy as a band, and leave personal matters out of it.

Oh,so true,i am NOT a nazi,let me clear that up,'Zeppelins' were intended to be bombers,hence the name.

Now,back to Thin Lizzy,if you ever saw them live,even the Sykes thing like i did,what was the highlight?For me,it was Cold Sweat,hands down.

So,bury the hatchet lads,no more nasty comments. (Which means me as well)

Ok, can we please stop this, whatever it is. I think we would all prefer Phil to be left to rest in peace and we don't need these kind of arguments here.

I'm not taking sides but I would like it if we could get back to talking about Thin Lizzy as a band, and leave personal matters out of it.

Yes let's talk about 'Lizzy' as a 'Band'..... they worked with quite a few musicians who don't get mentioned on the sleeves, including quite q few 'Gypsies and Travellers, including myself, (I Sing, play Mandolin, Guitar and Irish Drums.)

Believe or or not, not everyone wants their name in lights or be the center of attention.

(My Music is strictly 'LIVE', I only ever play at 'Gatherings' and 'Live Acoustic Sessions', usually camp fire stuff.)

Yes let's talk about 'Lizzy' as a 'Band'..... they worked with quite a few musicians who don't get mentioned on the sleeves, including quite q few 'Gypsies and Travellers, including myself, (I Sing, play Mandolin, Guitar and Irish Drums.)

Believe or or not, not everyone wants their name in lights or be the center of attention.

(My Music is strictly 'LIVE', I only ever play at 'Gatherings' and 'Live Acoustic Sessions', usually camp fire stuff.)

Sounds cool,i'm very sorry for the 'abuse',i was about to post a complete apology until you called me a nazi,i reacted badly to that,my first user name choice was 'Brown Bomber' after LZ II's nickname,but it was taken,then,after much searching for an untaken user name,i came up with this,about as much nazi reference as the band who's forum we're on.

And i heard that Phil's first band was "The Black Eagles" in a biography i read,can anyone confirm that?I heard that the band wanted Phil's uncle Peter (Who,according to the biography was only a few years older than Phil) to play and brought Phil in for one gig to entice Peter in,but Phil was so good they kept him instead,can this be confirmed?

I will accept your apology, you would not understand what it's like to be plagiarised, defrauded and shut out by people who sell your music or make fraudulent claims involving you, (I.M.- S.S.O.A.S.S.)

I can't help with any 'History', back before I met Phil, back in the early '70's, he was with Brian Downey and Scott Goreham, who I have only talked to a couple of times, they didn't see as much of me as Phil did and they don't know me or care about me.

I know Phil would NOT have shut me out like some of his 'friends' have, the last time I saw Phil, he had fallen out with a lot of them and was in a Band called 'Grand Slam', at Bath Uni, I gave him a photo of me in my Band, 'The Boys', that he had asked for, the rest of the Band will have seen it I guess, you'd have to ask them.

Unfortunately I was with friends at the time and couldn't stick around after the Gig, I didn't know I would never see him alive again, I didn't know how ill he was. :drunk:

Then, not long after that, he made 'Out in the Fields' with Gary, who, sadly, I have never met.

I believe you Roison...... though you really did leave yourself wide open.... nevermind......As for Lizzy i only saw them once. 1975 at Liverpool Stadium with City Boy & String Driven Thing as support.....

When Lizzy played the Opera House Gary Moore and Scott Gorham were on guitars.

Awesome duo.

I heard they were touring again, but without Phil would it be the same?

No, it would be like Led Zeppelin without Robert.

I turned the tv on last night to see this concert...well, the last 10 minutes!! I was annoyed that I missed it...on one of the satellite channels. It looked a fantastic gig. Phil was in his element, looking and sounding like he was having a ball :D

It was unfortunate as the recorded sound quality was below par. Was it originally recorded as an Australian tv special?

I believe you Roison...... though you really did leave yourself wide open.... nevermind......As for Lizzy i only saw them once. 1975 at Liverpool Stadium with City Boy & String Driven Thing as support.....

Since Phil died, there have been a long line, almost an ARMY of people who have called me all the bad names under the Sun, I know Phil did NOT leave me without any credit on purpose, no-one thought he would die, even though a lot of people knew he was ill.

Those ignorant slanderers do NOT know the truth, that there was a really good reason for Phil not mentioning me on the 'credits', I was still Married to a Southern Irishman back then, but 'separated', we didn't want any more 'trouble', for Ireland, so my existence was not publicly acknowledged!

(except in the Music, where my 'real' name is mentioned quite a few times, including the place I used to live, after the Divorce!)

The people who still sell his 'merchandise' do not give me even the time of day, they are money grabbing sharks, who care nothing for the truth. The 'web' site, collects 'donations' of which I get

not one penny! The 'fraud', begins with black plastic, which is then turned into a black marble slab, similar to the one seen on the moon in the film '2001'.

It was NOT Phil's intention to defraud me, but some of his so called 'friends' have done that,

that wasn't his fault and he has no way of stopping them or setting things right..........

Put it down to 'greed' and the 'need' of some to be 'famous', I have never wanted that!

Some will do anything for fame or money, lie cheat and steal, the only thing I can do, is protest

and pray that one day they will see the light and the harm they are doing with fraud and plagiarism, which is spoken of in the 'Scriptures'.............

From 'Peter 2-2' and other parts of the 'Holy Scriptures'.

'and many follow pernicious ways, by reason of whom, the ways of truth are 'evil' spoken of,

and do they, through the ways of covetousness, with feigned words, make 'merchandise', whose 'judgements' of a long time lingereth not and whose 'damnation', slumbereth not.........

........... for whom the mists of darkness are for eternity.........

..........and promising themselves eternal life and love and liberty, they are in the bonds of iniquity and the works of darkness and delusion.........

as Phil's 'Rock Queen' I am the 'Queen without a King', sad but true......... Sela.

Did you know he was very much into 'live' stuff as well, particularly with 'Travellers' and 'Gypsies', he wanted to 'promote' and 'bring back' lots of the old Traveller music, sadly, :( he didn't get his wish and Tavellers are still persecuted and 'moved on' in Ireland.

Things aren't much better in England and genuine Musicians get shut out because they are 'Travellers' and not into Music for the money or for fame, so 'bad' for 'business' :unsure:

I have one of his last interviews somewhere where he talks on that subject, I'll try to find it if anyone is interested in seeing/hearing it. :o

Since Phil died, there have been a long line, almost an ARMY of people who have called me all the bad names under the Sun, I know Phil did NOT leave me without any credit on purpose, no-one thought he would die, even though a lot of people knew he was ill.

Those ignorant slanderers do NOT know the truth, that there was a really good reason for Phil not mentioning me on the 'credits', I was still Married to a Southern Irishman back then, but 'separated', we didn't want any more 'trouble', for Ireland, so my existence was not publicly acknowledged!

(except in the Music, where my 'real' name is mentioned quite a few times, including the place I used to live, after the Divorce!)

The people who still sell his 'merchandise' do not give me even the time of day, they are money grabbing sharks, who care nothing for the truth. The 'web' site, collects 'donations' of which I get

not one penny! The 'fraud', begins with black plastic, which is then turned into a black marble slab, similar to the one seen on the moon in the film '2001'.

It was NOT Phil's intention to defraud me, but some of his so called 'friends' have done that,

that wasn't his fault and he has no way of stopping them or setting things right..........

Put it down to 'greed' and the 'need' of some to be 'famous', I have never wanted that!

Some will do anything for fame or money, lie cheat and steal, the only thing I can do, is protest

and pray that one day they will see the light and the harm they are doing with fraud and plagiarism, which is spoken of in the 'Scriptures'.............

From 'Peter 2-2' and other parts of the 'Holy Scriptures'.

'and many follow pernicious ways, by reason of whom, the ways of truth are 'evil' spoken of,

and do they, through the ways of covetousness, with feigned words, make 'merchandise', whose 'judgements' of a long time lingereth not and whose 'damnation', slumbereth not.........

........... for whom the mists of darkness are for eternity.........

..........and promising themselves eternal life and love and liberty, they are in the bonds of iniquity and the works of darkness and delusion.........

as Phil's 'Rock Queen' I am the 'Queen without a King', sad but true......... Sela.

:(:console: Yeah,divorce laws in Ireland were ridiculous,sorry for you,plagiarists suck.

That's true and I had never noticed it before. They have a lot respect, there's nothing not to like about them really.

My friend was humming a tune the other day (she's no rock fan) and I just sat watching in bemusement because she had absolutely no idea what it was that she was humming, but she liked it. I told her it was the Boys Are Back in Town and we sang it. It's just one of those songs that are implanted into everyone's brains and makes you happy, no matter how little of it you know.

Thank god for those compliance chips!

• 2 weeks later...
One thing I have learnt about Thin Lizzy over the years is no rock n roll fan dislikes the music.

That says a lot.

Yes but Phil was a genuinely nice guy, always warm and welcoming, nearly always cool, B)

this is why he had so many friends, the booze and drugs are why he lost so many and his life! :(

'an 'Bomber', thanks for the 'hug', :) it means so much........

• 9 months later...

Lizzy album to feature freshly discovered live tracks

A live album full of newly discovered tracks from the classic Thin Lizzy line-up of Phil Lynott, Brian Downey, Scott Gorham and Brian Robertson will be released on March 2.

Still Dangerous is the raw, unadulterated, untouched sound of Thin Lizzy at the absolute height of their powers.

Recorded on the sell-out 1977 Bad Reputation tour, Still Dangerous captures Lizzy on fire at the celebrated Tower Theatre in Philadelphia.

The album features tracks that never made the band’s legendary Live & Dangerous release and all cuts are previously unreleased.

The album was mixed by the legendary Glyn Johns (The Rolling Stones, The Who, The Eagles, Led Zeppelin), with contributions from Scott Gorham and Brian Downey.

The recordings that make up Still Dangerous were discovered by accident in an overlooked band lock-up.

The album is fully endorsed by Phil Lynott’s estate and the band.

If you can’t wait until March, there’s a downloadable minute-long clip of Don’t Believe A Word here.

SOURCE

• 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

I've been helping someone with some music recommendations, and Thin Lizzy was one I definitely wanted to share. One of the great unsung bands in rock n roll...shit, how is Thin Lizzy NOT in the R n R Hall of Fame yet?!?

Saw Thin Lizzy quite few times in the 70s-early 80s, including the classic Scott Gorham/Brian Robertson line-up. The March 1977 LA Forum concert where they opened for Queen is still one of my favourite concerts of my life...Thin Lizzy were so good you thought maybe they should have been the headliners over Queen.

Phil Lynott's early death was one of the saddest losses to Rock and Roll.

I had all their albums up to "Black Rose", but if you're new to Thin Lizzy, the essential Thin Lizzy albums to start with are "Jailbreak", "Live and Dangerous" and "Johnny the Fox". I don't download, so I don't have soundcloud or iTunes links to pass along...I have to use YouTube clips when I want to share music tips with someone. In scouring YouTube for Thin Lizzy clips I found these gems, and thought they were too good not to share with the forum. Zep fans will especially get a giggle out of the opening to the first clip, taken from Tops of the Pops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_2S1TCD_GE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x_xshO9CJc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Edited by Strider

Totally agree with you Strider. I saw them also in the 70's. Live and Dangerous is one of THE best live albums ever recorded. "Still in love with you" contains the most fantastic guitar solo by BR. I played it recently to Mrs CP and she couldn't believe what she was hearing. And Phil - a true star.

• 3 weeks later...