Vote for President of the USA

The Rover

Vote for your Choice for President of the USA  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be President of the USA in 2009 ?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Barack Obama
    • John McCain
    • Mike Huckabee
    • Michael Bloomberg
    • Ralph Nader
    • Ron Paul

I don't know much about politics because no one in my family is really political and I haven't taken government classes in school yet. What's the point of the electorial college? If the voters get to pick the people then why do we need an electorial college.

Welcome to the Republic system

This system destroys any chance of a third party ever coming into play. It's hard enough for a third party to get a single state, let alone enough of them to win the Presidency. I believe the electoral (correct spl. by the way) college needs to be done away with, so everybody's vote actually helps their candidate of choice

Welcome to the Republic system

This system destroys any chance of a third party ever coming into play. It's hard enough for a third party to get a single state, let alone enough of them to win the Presidency. I believe the electoral (correct spl. by the way) college needs to be done away with, so everybody's vote actually helps their candidate of choice

The "Winner-Take-All" distribution of Electoral College Delegates Maximizes STATE Power. Just because it might be "Better" for the Nation to have Delegates appointed propotionately, does not mean that any STATE would want to sacrifice POWER for the Sake of National interest by such a system.

NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ! !

The Powerful that benefit from the two-party system (Both Democratic and Republican Powers), are not in any way interested in "sharing" that power with a 3rd Party, regarless if it would be better for the National Interest.

THAT ALSO IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Generally, the Most 3rd Parties bring to the table are a National Discourse about issues that the two parties in power refuse to talk about or address appropiately.

To me, with the two major entrenched powerful parties....

It's boils down to a choice of "Which Boondoggle do you want . . ."

Because both Major Parties are DEDICATED to WASTING your Taxed Dollars, just in different ways. :D

Archived