Blues Thread

eagle87

I think Eric Clapton did his version almost to the tee of this one.Even with the vocals! ;)

Freddie kicks ass!

A lot of people have done it, but I'll admit I like Clapton's best. I saw him do it on the blues only tour, the whole show was great.

What did you think of that MC? :D:huh:

A lot of people have done it, but I'll admit I like Clapton's best. I saw him do it on the blues only tour, the whole show was great.

What did you think of that MC? :D:huh:

I saw him do a blues only show years ago in a small club. He was doing some warm-up dates and it was one of the best shows I've seen. Really fantastic.

I saw him do a blues only show years ago in a small club. He was doing some warm-up dates and it was one of the best shows I've seen. Really fantastic.

Sweet. When EC is on it's really something, he plays the same notes everyone else does but he has something special.

Since you mention "one man bands" here's one (and only I guess) from my country who is actually my avatar at the moment.

Legendary Tiger Man (he's real name is Paulo Furtado)

It's basically a combination of blues and 50's rock n' roll. Hope you like it. B)

Cool stuff, got a little of that Cramps-vibe. :D I like it.

Otis Rush and Freddie King is both excellent. Love that old Freddie clip Levee posted!

Speaking of Otis and his voice. Some other blues artists that I love not only because of their playing but for their remarkable voices too, is Buddy Guy and Elmore James. Those guys got very soulful voices!

Here's a great live performance by Buddy in 1960's:

Let Me Love You Baby

Edited by Swede

Otis Rush and Freddie King is both excellent. Love that old Freddie clip Levee posted!

Speaking of Otis and his voice. Some other blues artists that I love not only because of their playing but for their remarkable voices too, is Buddy Guy and Elmore James. Those guys got very soulful voices!

Here's a great live performance by Buddy in 1960's:

Let Me Love You Baby

Both very worth mentioning Swede! Good clip.

Derek Trucks

well, I thought this was interesting....to "see" my favourite qawal Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan on Guitar...

(the Soufi qawali is one of most everybody's fav., very popular number.

I am only use to listening to it...but great invention)

truly unique....

Edited by PlanetPage

• 1 month later...
Yep. Deep Blues is great. Must reads are Chasin' That Devil Music by Gayle Dean Wardlow, Nothing But The Blues by Lawrence Cohn and Escaping The Delta by Elijah Wald. Also check out the Robert Johnson thread here, I posted links to a few informative articles. Nothing But The Blues takes it all the way back to Africa.

You got me looking for these books, and during last weekend I found a copy of Nothing But The Blues, with articles from the Blues Unlimited fanzine/magazine. I've read a couple of pages and it sure seems like a great read. Thanks for the tip.

You got me looking for these books, and during last weekend I found a copy of Nothing But The Blues, with articles from the Blues Unlimited fanzine/magazine. I've read a couple of pages and it sure seems like a great read. Thanks for the tip.

LOL I actually think there is another book with the same title, now when I am checking it out. However, it is written by Mike Leadbitter and was first published in 1970 (or '71). It contains articles by different blues enthuiasts (sp?) such as Henry Vestine and others. The book cover the best articles they wrote for the fanzine Blues Unlimited between 1963 and 1970. A lot of the articles are interviews with blues artists.

This is how the original cover of the book looks like. The one I found was a worn copy of the first printing. Anyway, it seems like a really interesting book!

fc52b543d7f91be86df70f687fbbcf68.jpg

• 2 months later...

I don't listen to a lot of blues per se(thinking, B.B. King, Muddy Waters, Bessie Smith), but I do listen to a lot of stuff rooted in the blues(Led Zeppelin, Yardbirds, Jeff Beck,Eric Clapton), so I have a deep respect for classic blues artists, since many of them influenced my favorite music.

:peace:,

Jo

• 1 month later...