Anyody remember........

Any stories on a special Zep song that really meant something to you? I will share mine.. I had just split with my girlfriend in college and could not get her to return my calls, so I sent her a tape of Ten Years Gone and told her to listen to the words. What got her back?? "As the eagle leaves the nest, hes got so far to go." Well, that was a long time ago, but whenever I hear it, I think to that exact moment. Anybody wanna share?

The Rain Song. I remember being a little kid, about 6 or 7, lying on the bed with my dad listening to it. He told me story, and I started talking about the castle in TSRTS. Then I laid my head on him and fell asleep.

in high school the in through the out door had just came out and i would be listening to all of my love, when i met my first love. that was fun times!!!!we both drove 1970 dodge challengers, mine was a special edition with a 383 ingine, was fun!!!

I had awesome sex with a REALLY hot girl to Kashmir....she told me it was her fave song in the world when we first started dating...took three weeks to break the deal as they say and putting that on did it...thanks boys!!! :D:D:D

Any stories on a special Zep song that really meant something to you? I will share mine.. I had just split with my girlfriend in college and could not get her to return my calls, so I sent her a tape of Ten Years Gone and told her to listen to the words. What got her back?? "As the eagle leaves the nest, hes got so far to go." Well, that was a long time ago, but whenever I hear it, I think to that exact moment. Anybody wanna share?

Interesting idea for a thread, Achillesfirstsand! Without getting graphic or giving away details, for me it has to be the first time that I heard Stairway to Heaven played live. That was a magical night....

I had awesome sex with a REALLY hot girl to Kashmir....she told me it was her fave song in the world when we first started dating...took three weeks to break the deal as they say and putting that on did it...thanks boys!!! :D:D:D

Kashmir! For my husband and me, that is our song. It will always mean something very special to both of us. :wub::D

Cashing in on Kashmir !!! Nice... B)

I did that to Tartbreaker !!

Oooops...I meant Heartbreaker....:blush:

:lol:

Ba dum ching. :lol:

Ten Years Gone, Thank You, and The Rain Song mean alot to me right now with the guy I am seeing.

He put two of them on a mix tape for me back in like the 90s (we've known each other for fifteen years this month)... he's been into Zep for quite a while... but I never got into them much until now... except Stairway (of course) and In the Light, which he put on another mixed tape, first. :)

When the Levee Breaks reminds me of whimsical times because I used to blast it as loud as I possibly could to annoy the roommate from hell I was assigned sophomore year. She hated Led Zeppelin and thought Justin Timberlake was a god. It clearly had to be done.

The whole Physical Graffiti album is also important to me because that's the only thing my dad and I have ever had a meaningful conversation about that wasn't baseball related.

The Rain Song. I remember being a little kid, about 6 or 7, lying on the bed with my dad listening to it. He told me story, and I started talking about the castle in TSRTS. Then I laid my head on him and fell asleep.

This is an absolutely wonderful post.

Thank you. My dad is so important to me.

I also remember, and this is why STH to my favourite song. When I was in kindergarten my dad put a stereo (It had a turntable, that was the best "toy" I could have, even if I couldn't play with it.) in my room, and at night he would put STH then when I was asleep he'd take it off so the stereo wasn't on all night.

Sorry, if you don't want any sappy stuff, that's just what those songs mean to me.

Thank you. My dad is so important to me.

I also remember, and this is why STH to my favourite song. When I was in kindergarten my dad put a stereo (It had a turntable, that was the best "toy" I could have, even if I couldn't play with it.) in my room, and at night he would put STH then when I was asleep he'd take it off so the stereo wasn't on all night.

Sorry, if you don't want any sappy stuff, that's just what those songs mean to me.

It's not sappy at all! It's a lovely memory :)

Damone: "When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side 1 of Led Zeppelin IV."

*cut to Mark and Stacy in car, Kashmir playing on tape deck*

:lol:

Yet another great Zeppelin memory thanks to Cameron Crowe.

Ok... this is mine... when I was a kid, with two sticks on my hand and playing... well, seriously, doing some shit with drums without any idea how to play, my brother-in-law bring me a tape of TSRTS that was broadcasted in VH1 around 1990-1992. When I saw Bonham playing Moby Dick, my Jaw STUCK!!! I can't believe how this guy played with his bare own hands and play such a wonder drumming.

I really wanted to play like him... I even wanted to be like him... or better, to be him. So I took very seriously learning by ear and watching other drummers too. Every time I had to be near a drummer, I was looking a spot by side, not in front... watching fills, patterns, wrists, foot... everything, and looking later their influences...

Thanks to Bonham I learned that, but sadly with arthritis in my showlders and knees I can't play drums like before... I don't even play right know

Later, when the Led Zeppelin DVD went out, I loved the EC GTC version, and I watched the video a lot of times... my Wife brought me a mandolin and I started to play it a lot...

I had always listened to zeppelin here and there. Never was a dedicated fan. Then i got an offer to be in a led zeppelin tribute band. I took the offer, and decided to study up on my zep. The first live performance i heard was TSRTS. When Since i've been loving you came on, i got chills down my spine. I actually listened to it again 5 more times down in my basement... on my 300 watt speaker system. :D

Try not to yell Oh Jimmy Ooh Jimmy though! :lol:

:hysterical: Oh yeah.... it can be rough....:blush:

Moving swiftly on....I love reading these, and this is exactly the type of thing I got for Jimmy's book, all these really fun memories people have. I have loads of them myself. Two of my favorites are special to me and my brother Bobby. When we had the chance to be on our own we'd sometimes end up talking over rough times, and when it got too emotional he'd look over say not to be too sad because one day it would be better. Then he'd sing, "I'll meet you up there," and I'd join in, "where the path runs straight and high." :)

And Jimmy playing Bron Yr Aur...we'd say we will never be without a hug no matter what because we could get one from Jimmy whenever we needed one, and we'd play that song. I swear it feels like a hug to me.

Driving in Illinois on Christmas morning with a van full of people and the radio playing. Kashmir came on and everyone suddenly stopped talking, even the kids. It was surreal. There was nobody on the road but us. No one in their yards. No lights on in the houses we passed. It was only us and the music. a few moments after the song ended someone said wow that was weird. For me, it was a good omen. In the beginning, I wasnt looking forward to the trip but after this incident with Kashmir, I changed my attitude. It turned out to be the best Christmas in many years.

Sweet...very cool and sweet. Thanks.

Zep is the soundtrack to a verry large portion of my life.I however try not to tie the songs in with my life changing moments heres why

My first live in girl friend of about 2 years had sex with my cousin and the first song i heard was by Bad Company.Do right by your Woman and i forever tie the two together

also J Giels band song was Centerfold My first wife stayed out all night with two of her male friends

while i stayed home and cried about it.But wait there was a good part her sister felt sorry for me and consoled me all night.Life goes on another of many chapters close.Like sands through the hourglass (oh no i dont) :angry:B):D

Archived