Happy Birthday Manders!

Levee

Thanks guys! I haven't left yet--we're actually going to go snowmobiling. I don't ski. I'd break my neck, you know, because I'm so graceful and all... :lol:

Dave's a bit tired from his trip, so I've let him stay in bed.

We're going up today.

Not to Sun Valley, Joel. To McCall... :D

Thanks guys! I haven't left yet--we're actually going to go snowmobiling. I don't ski. I'd break my neck, you know, because I'm so graceful and all... :lol:

Dave's a bit tired from his trip, so I've let him stay in bed.

We're going up today.

Not to Sun Valley, Joel. To McCall... :D

McCall is a beautiful town! We passed through there on one of our road trips. It was spring and the sun was out, the lake was a deep, sparkling blue, and the mountains were capped with snow. We went into the market on the main road to get provisions for a picnic and, when we came out, there were light snow flurries - with the sun out. It was enchanting.

Mandy, if you don't want to have a party with the people in that picture send them my way. :D

Well, now I know what to get you for your birthday, lzfan! :D

Thanks guys! :wub:

What a way to make a girl feel loved! :D

I had a great day! We came up here a bit later in the day than we expected, but that ended up being for the best anyway because the roads cleared up a bit. You wouldn't believe the amount of snow this place has gotten! MSG, the lake you mentioned is 100% covered in snow! You can't see the ice or the water at all! :lol: I've taken tons of pictures of the town even though I'm very familliar with it because there is so much snow! I haven't seen this much snow here in years! I thought we'd brought the cable to upload the pictures to my computer, but it's at home. (Oh well...we're coming home today--it's not like it's going to be months or anything.)

It's wonderful!

:D

We walked around and looked at the snow sculptures and went out to dinner at a nice restauraunt here, which, BTW, since the Super Bowl was still going on, there was almost no one there--except for the couple next to us who was celebrating their 30th wedding anniversary and the group across from us that had another birthday girl--it was her 40th birthday... and me! :lol: So when we mentioned that it was my birthday, they thought it was pretty funny because everyone there was celebrating something or other. :lol:

We did finish dinner just in time to watch the last part of the Super Bowl. Funny--I would have "allowed" Dave to watch it, had we chosen a different place for dinner that had TVs in the dining rooms--but he never said a word about wanting to watch it until the end of the 4th quarter. :lol:

Then we went to the hotel's swimming pool and hottub and relaxed. AAhhh... It was nice.

:D

Edited by manderlyh