Music Festival

lzfan715

That's terrible. Cops react when they aren't needed but when they are they don't seem to show.

lzfan715, I asked my husband why there were no cops around. He told me that, after the fans looted and burned everything they could, everyone left the grounds. Surrounding the entire perimeter were law enforcement people and national guardsmen. This was only a few years after the Kent State massacres so my husband thought that the guard held off going in so as to avoid something like what happened at Kent State. We're not sure. That's just his speculation.

Well i almost died at City Park stadium 26 July 75 .I went to see ZZ-TOP,Jeff Beck,Aerosmith,Fleetwood Mac,Trooper,J Boy Adams Well i went with a friend from Bush La when we got there all i had was a handful of downers no pot which was a bad thing then.I ran in to a friend of mine from New Orleans east named Albert while we were waiting to get in.He was holding a bottle of some type of Whiskey we had a quick slap boxing contest and split the pills and the liquor the whole 5th.Then our friend Randy came over to us and he had the weed and some hash oil needless to say the party was in full swing.

We found a spot in the field fairly close to the stage and partied through a few of the bands then both of us passed out .I woke up and we are under the scaffolding for the sound equipment and it was raining really hard Jeff Beck was on stage and complained his Guitar was getting wet and left.ZZ Top came out and Billy Gibbons made a comment about the weather and that it wouldnt stop them from playing and it was on.great show this was not the biggest festival type show i have seen but one of the closest i have come to doing myself in.my friend from bush his name is John told me i had stopped breathing i really dont remmeber that ha ha .

Here a few when i have more time i will review this is not nearly all.

75 City Park Stadium Black oak's boogie festival

Black Oak Arkansas,Peter Frampton,J Giels band,Montrose

75 city park stadium

Alice Cooper,Johnny Winter,Suzy Quatrol

to many days of rock and roll festivals to remmber

Cal jam 2 onterio motor speedway Nugent,Aerosmith,Frank Marino,Rubicon,Stevie Nicks,Mick Fleetwood,Bob Welch,Dave Mason,Heart , Foriegner

Knebworth 4 Aug 79 Zep,New Barbarions,Todd Rundgren

LA CAL Anihiem stadium 78 Boston,Black Sabbath,Sammy Hagar solo,Van Halen,plus another opening act don remmeber who

New Orleans LA 78 Superdome Rolling Stones,Doobie Brothers,Van Halen

New Orleans LA 75 Superdome Allman Brothers , Marshall Tucker , Wet Willie , Charlie Daniels

LA CAL Anihiem stadium AUG 77 Ted Nugent, Lynyrd Skynyrd , Heart , Foriegner

there or more but my memory is straining.

Oh heck i am off topic the post have shifted to fighting again and i missed it :angry::angry::angry:

Just kidding i would rather be a lover than a fighter .Wheres the love people lets get back to the music

Also heres one i forgot Houston jan 76 i believe

Bob Dylans Rolling Thunder Revue

Bob Dylan , Ringo Starr , Ian Hunter,Mick Ronson ,Santana , Roger Mcguinn and Chris Hillman of the Byrds, Issac Hayes,Joan Boaz more cant remmeber all

I hope you didnt mean I have a history of racial slurs becaue that couldnt be further from the truth. I talk about music. Cant speak for this other guy that calls himself Tull.

You read way more into my posts than you should. Yes, I was referring to "Jethro Tull".

Was there v

Well i almost died at City Park stadium 26 July 75 .I went to see ZZ-TOP,Jeff Beck,Aerosmith,Fleetwood Mac,Trooper,J Boy Adams Well i went with a friend from Bush La when we got there all i had was a handful of downers no pot which was a bad thing then.I ran in to a friend of mine from New Orleans east named Albert while we were waiting to get in.He was holding a bottle of some type of Whiskey we had a quick slap boxing contest and split the pills and the liquor the whole 5th.Then our friend Randy came over to us and he had the weed and some hash oil needless to say the party was in full swing.

We found a spot in the field fairly close to the stage and partied through a few of the bands then both of us passed out .I woke up and we are under the scaffolding for the sound equipment and it was raining really hard Jeff Beck was on stage and complained his Guitar was getting wet and left.ZZ Top came out and Billy Gibbons made a comment about the weather and that it wouldnt stop them from playing and it was on.great show this was not the biggest festival type show i have seen but one of the closest i have come to doing myself in.my friend from bush his name is John told me i had stopped breathing i really dont remmeber that ha ha .

Was there v Bayou Boogie

Was there v My first concert "Welcome to my Nightmare"

75 city park stadium

to many days of rock and roll festivals to remmber <<me too lol!

Cal jam 2 onterio motor speedway Nugent,Aerosmith,Frank Marino,Rubicon,Stevie Nicks,Mick Fleetwood,Bob Welch,Dave Mason,Heart , Foriegner

LA CAL Anihiem stadium 78 Boston,Black Sabbath,Sammy Hagar solo,Van Halen,plus another opening act don remmeber who

Was there v

Was there v super domes' first rock show

New Orleans LA 75 Superdome Allman Brothers , Marshall Tucker , Wet Willie , Charlie Daniels

Oh heck i am off topic the post have shifted to fighting again and i missed it :angry::angry::angry:

Just kidding i would rather be a lover than a fighter .Wheres the love people lets get back to the music

saw him and joan in B.R. LSU Assly cntr

Bob Dylan , Ringo Starr , Ian Hunter,Mick Ronson ,Santana , Roger Mcguinn and Chris Hillman of the Byrds, Issac Hayes,Joan Boaz more cant remmeber all

Speaking of festivals, I was leaving San Fransico in 2005 and thought I would see if the Altamont speedway is still there. I found it. It is still there. It's a very well kept up black top race track. I took some pictures too. That area looks just like it did in Gimme Shelter.

:blink: Your last sentence has that spooky feeling. :o

And I don't know what the fighting is about, but just let it go.

The fighting is over a poster that has a history of making racial remarks since joining the site. When no one said a word about icantquityoubabe's use of the word "japped" he had to make an issue of it, thus stirring the pot even more.

Lzfan715 suggested letting this go, but you couldn't do it. Now you go ahead and refer to me as a racist AGAIN. I let it go the the first time. Since when is using the word jewish or homosexual racist? I made no hateful remarks about either group. I read those two words everyday in my daily newspaper, and that seems to be okay. I've read dozens of reviews about the Dictators and their religion is constantly brought up. No problems. Use those words on a Zeppelin forum and all hell breaks loose. Some oversensitive users here didn't like it, so it gets reported to the admins and it gets deleted. Those other users and maybe even you appear to me to be a bit hypocritical. Unfortunately, true bigots and racists know how to disguise their true intents and use expressions like "japped out". The person who used that, has used similar remarks more than once, I let it go the first time. I've heard more anti-semitic remarks than I care to remember through-out childhood and into being an adult, so I know what it's about. And BTW, my rap topic made no mention of color or anything of that nature. YOU started in with the Kanye West garbage. Go ahead type your reply, I'm done. I enjoy talking music with you, but if I'm going to be held accountable for what other perceive to be inappropriate, let's hold everybody to the same rules.

Lzfan715 suggested letting this go, but you couldn't do it. Now you go ahead and refer to me as a racist AGAIN. I let it go the the first time. Since when is using the word jewish or homosexual racist? I made no hateful remarks about either group. I read those two words everyday in my daily newspaper, and that seems to be okay. I've read dozens of reviews about the Dictators and their religion is constantly brought up. No problems. Use those words on a Zeppelin forum and all hell breaks loose. Some oversensitive users here didn't like it, so it gets reported to the admins and it gets deleted. Those other users and maybe even you appear to me to be a bit hypocritical. Unfortunately, true bigots and racists know how to disguise their true intents and use expressions like "japped out". The person who used that, has used similar remarks more than once, I let it go the first time. I've heard more anti-semitic remarks than I care to remember through-out childhood and into being an adult, so I know what it's about. And BTW, my rap topic made no mention of color or anything of that nature. YOU started in with the Kanye West garbage. Go ahead type your reply, I'm done. I enjoy talking music with you, but if I'm going to be held accountable for what other perceive to be inappropriate, let's hold everybody to the same rules.

Actually no one said a fucking word until YOU pointed it out. You also seem to have not only a short but a selective memory when it comes to making racist remarks on this board. If you bring up such subjects you should fully expect to be called on them. Take your ball and go home if you want but that doesn't make you any less guilty of the things you've said. Perhaps if you didn't want any controversy you would have been better served by not saying anything about icantquityoubabe's use of the word "japped" but you opted not to do that so you've got no one to blame but yourself. Like I've said, you're a shit stirrer, nothing more, nothing less.

spacer.gif20050919_203_350x263.jpgAfter 10 years of not being social, Sophie has some adjusting to do, but for now they are all one big happy family!

"Look—everybody's getting along!" Oprah says "This is what Rodney King asked for."

Stedman: Can't we just get along?

Oprah: Black and white and brown together

75 city park stadium

to many days of rock and roll festivals to remmber

Was Fleetwood Mac good? I've heard that they aren't much of a live band. I'd ask the same about Zep but isn't that a stupid question?

I'd like to go to a Fleetwood Mac show, but fat chance of that.

I was given a ticket to see Fleetwood Mac the day of their show in February of 1972 and couldn't get a ride. :(

I still have the full ticket....it was them, John Mayall and Long John Baldry on the bill as well....

Would've been the Future Games/Bare Trees tour....dayum !!!!

Man, that would suck. To have the ticket and all but no ride. I'd frame and keep the ticket.

I've got the ticket stashed away with about 70 or 80 other stubs and another full ticket too.

I snuck into see Zappa doing a soundcheck in '76..and never went back outside, so I didn't have to use my ticket ! :D

No ride to Fleetwood Mac sucks. But no ride to Pink Floyd sucks even worse. It was the only chance I ever had to see them. I wonder if I would have made it out alive though as I heard so many reports of trouble there. It was in Hamilton, Ontario (Canada) in early 70s. Anyone familiar with this show?

I bet pinkzeppelin is ! He lives in Hamilton, but hasn't been on the board in ages. I miss him. :(

His parents saw several Floyd shows in the 70s and no doubt they were at the one you mention.

Where are you Steve ?

Archived